Just another half mile...

PMP Trail Sabotage

Someone been sabotaging and blocking off a short section of trail on the east side of PMP southwest of the intersection of Tr 100 and Tr 8 (south of the 40th St Trailhead). The trail is highlighted in yellow in the map below. It is a short section off of the more used trails and is a great ending coming off of Sassy's Trail and is fun to ride. Yesterday was the third time I have clear up this persons mess on this trail over the last couple of months. Have reported the trail blockage to the City Parks forks, but have not heard back yet and what their plan of action would be. For now I think for those who frequently ride PMP, go over and ride this trail, and if you come across rock blocking the trail, move them off. If we keep clearing trail often, this person will hopefully give up.

Map showing the trail highlighted in Yellow:
    PMP Trail Sabotage-pmp-sabotage.jpg

PMP Trail Sabotage-20170418_185124_resize.jpg

PMP Trail Sabotage-20170418_185035_resize.jpg

PMP Trail Sabotage-20170418_184912_resize.jpg

PMP Trail Sabotage-20170418_184613_resize.jpg

Black and Sticky
    Wonder whether it's sabotage or some misguided do gooder trying to "help" the trail? One or two of the pics almost looks like rocks being placed like water bars. Either way, this shouldn't be happening. Hope your efforts aid in getting it stopped.

Bob
    "Some people follow their dreams, others hunt them down and beat them mercilessly into submission." - Neil Kendall

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Bituman View Post
    Wonder whether it's sabotage or some misguided do gooder trying to "help" the trail? One or two of the pics almost looks like rocks being placed like water bars. Either way, this shouldn't be happening. Hope your efforts aid in getting it stopped.

Bob
    Both intentions are worthy, so the people with more persistence will eventually win. In Sedona we have some eco nuts who routinually block a rideable line. We just ride around or over the obstacle and and thank the person creating additional technical features or a fun new route. It's all good and we wish the eco nuts good luck in their efforts.

mtbr member
    I'm sure this was caused by the wind.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170418_184613_resize.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	154.5 KB 
ID:	1132675[/QUOTE]

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Bituman View Post
    Wonder whether it's sabotage or some misguided do gooder trying to "help" the trail?

Bob
    Seriously?

Black and Sticky
    Yeah seriously!

This is my home trail and I've been watching it for the past couple months. If it's sabotage, then it's a pretty crappy job. The problem I have is that it tends to widen the trail because people go around the "sabotage."

Bob
    "Some people follow their dreams, others hunt them down and beat them mercilessly into submission." - Neil Kendall

IPA tester
    It looks like it could also be water diversion to slow down and divert water off the trail
    "We'll ride it until they pave it."

-Urban Yeti
    Dirttreaders.com

EXORCIZE
    When I rode past that spot last night ~9pm, there was a guy standing just off the trail, motionless, facing away from me as I rode past. Perhaps he had just stepped off my trail until I passed (surrendering the trail: something I wish all "I like to hike at night with no lights" folks would do). I think he was at that very spot (not sure - been through there 100+ times, but I have ZERO sense of direction). I've seen him before in that area after dark. In his 50s, 6' tall, white, medium build, harmless looking.
    2017 Diamondback Haanjo
    2016 Pivot 429T
    2011 Kona Unit