PMP from 40th St on Labor Day?- Mtbr.com
    No Clue Crew

PMP from 40th St on Labor Day?

Boards are dead so I'm assuming everyone is outta town. If anyone is left around Dion and I are gonna tackle some of PMP from the 40th St lot around 5:45a. Don't think you can ride without lights much earlier than 5:45a or 6a.

No route planned. Just ride...

Also, possibly of interest to some. Park Ranger Vickie Engbrecht is gonna take some Park Stewards out for a group ride at 6a from the DD lot. If you are interested in becoming a Steward it might be a good ride to jump in with. She and the other Stewards will be able to answer any questions you might have.

Dion and I are riding from 40th Street, though. Not Dreamy Draw.

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    In.

RHRF!
    In.

Suggestion - I'd like to head up and over Irregular and down Hairball... been a while.
    "The secret of joy is the mastery of pain." (Anaïs Nin)

No Clue Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by titusbro View Post
    In. Suggestion - I'd like to head up and over Irregular and down Hairball... been a while.
    Nice, Pat. I would be happy to second that since I've never been down Hairball Guess I'd better pack up the hard pads

mtbr member
    Gotta work Monday, but I'll be there Tuesday morning @ 9ish.

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    Great ride today. Nice social pace. 40th to 100 to 1A to Irregular. Down Hairball and back over to 1A, around to 220s, then Zipper back to 40th. Good times.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Sucks, just saw this. Catch ya guys on the next one.

RHRF!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blatant View Post
    Great ride today. Nice social pace. 40th to 100 to 1A to Irregular. Down Hairball and back over to 1A, around to 220s, then Zipper back to 40th. Good times.
    Agreed and thanks for waiting for the 'Old man'! Ride Data

No Clue Crew
    Great ride!

from Michael Stevens on Vimeo.

Shovel Ready
    Nice riding gentlemen.
    Currently at Mayo Clinic being tested for a kidney transplant. Donors welcome.

RHRF!
    Cool vid, Mike! Thanks for the invite today. I always welcome a trip down 'Hairball Lane'!

mtbr member
    Sweet! That is a nice loop. I like Hairball...
    "It's not how good you are, it's how good you look!"

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    PMP really makes you pay. Felt like we covered a lot of ground out there with a lot of climbing and it was less than 8 miles total.

No Clue Crew
    Irregular is never easy and that last climb up 220 was tough as well. Especially being on the ass end of the ride. And, of course, the descent down Hairball is tough and pounding at times. Can't wait to try that one section I videod Pat cleaning (riding the little "rock wall") and the chute again. The whole thing, actually. Maybe one day I'll try the "main" line up that first set of steps on Irregular. You almost had it, Dion.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by big0mike View Post
    Irregular is never easy and that last climb up 220 was tough as well. Especially being on the ass end of the ride. And, of course, the descent down Hairball is tough and pounding at times. Can't wait to try that one section I videod Pat cleaning (riding the little "rock wall") and the chute again. The whole thing, actually. Maybe one day I'll try the "main" line up that first set of steps on Irregular. You almost had it, Dion.
    Nice video and riding - I like the route you guys took. Dion was looking mighty white.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Wow. Glad I watched this. I had plans to take my hardtail to PMP and ride around. Not anymore.

lol

Nice riding.

No Clue Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by pointerDixie214 View Post
    Wow. Glad I watched this. I had plans to take my hardtail to PMP and ride around. Not anymore.
    James (jcsxj) rode a very similar route on his hard tail a couple weeks back. It's not the bike, it's the rider

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    James (jcsxj) rode a very similar route on his hard tail a couple weeks back. It's not the bike, it's the rider
    I am OK saying this too. That is just too chunky for my liking methinks. Even without my 26" hardtail...

I would try it on a FS rig though.... I am a firm believer in that you can set a nail with a screwdriver, but better to use a hammer.

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    James has ridden this route on an HT and did well. He's a young'un, though, with a strong back. I've ridden it on a long-travel steel hardtail I built last winter and it absolutely sucked for me.

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    Oh, I'd be up to run this same route (or any variation similar) anytime before I go back to work Friday morning.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    James has ridden this route on an HT and did well. He's a young'un, though, with a strong back. I've ridden it on a long-travel steel hardtail I built last winter and it absolutely sucked for me.
    Just as I suspected. And my HT is aluminum, so it beats me up enough as it is since I have a bad back.

"No Clue Crew"
    Nice video mike as always. Wish I could of made it. This weekend I refused to turn on the computer or check email. Hell I even had my phone off for most of the weekend!!!! I needed to be "unplugged" for a few. Might be out later today and I'll be down for a AM ride tomorrow AM.............DRew

No Clue Crew
    Oh, I'd be up to run this same route (or any variation similar) anytime before I go back to work Friday morning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grave9 View Post
    Nice video mike as always. Wish I could of made it. This weekend I refused to turn on the computer or check email. Hell I even had my phone off for most of the weekend!!!! I needed to be "unplugged" for a few. Might be out later today and I'll be down for a AM ride tomorrow AM.............DRew
    Well, I was gonna shuttle with LDB tomorrow but if you guys wanna run Hairball at the crack of dawn again I'm up for it.

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    I'd posted another thread, but I'm down for the same run Wednesday morning.

No Clue Crew
    Hairball or SoMo with Chollaball & Maad are both good choices. I need to be done and off the mountain by around 8:30a, though. So we'll have to be just a tad quicker than Monday if we run Hairball

It's getting late so I'll plan on being at 40th St before 6a. I'll check here before I leave so let me know where to head...

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    Weird. I posted in this thread 20 minutes ago, but it's gone. I'll be at 40th before 0600.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Weird. I posted in this thread 20 minutes ago, but it's gone. I'll be at 40th before 0600.
    Ive had this happen also and I don't know why , .....I figured I screwed something up .
    You guys were having a ball and doing some good riding !

Great ride!
    Great video Mike , you guys were tearing it up out there !

No Clue Crew
    That's a fun, fun section of trail. It's tough to get to but it really pays off. I'm disappointed that I waited so long to ride it.

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    Another nice ride today, though the legs weren't there as much as on Monday.

No Clue Crew
    Dude, I gotta say, I'm not sure I've ridden a more fun route in PMP than Irregular -> Hairball and pretty much anything at the front and back end. Irregular has it's own sets of challenges both strength-wise and technically, and Hairball is such a blast. The trip down Bloody Knuckles on the north side was short but fun although I'll be happy if I never have to push my bike up the south side of Bloody Knuckles again.

I could see riding some variation of Irregular -> Hairball every time I hit 40th St...