PLEASE HELP!! Any interest in a GITA ride?- Mtbr.com
    banned
    May 2014

PLEASE HELP!! Any interest in a GITA ride?

I was hoping to spur some interest in a long forgotten tradition here in New Mexico. Lots of bickering over the past few years has driven a deep wedge within the local vibe. Maybe some of you Zonians can't help revive our board?

(x-post)

Thanks in advance,

B.Andrada

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Tres Bottelas View Post
    I was hoping to spur some interest in a long forgotten tradition here in New Mexico. Lots of bickering over the past few years has driven a deep wedge within the local vibe. Maybe some of you Zonians can't help revive our board?

(x-post)

Thanks in advance,

B.Andrada
    Hey, I'm not familiar with the northern New Mexico trails, but this looks amazing. Are you thinking about a bikepacking trip, or just a meetup spot and a ride?

mtbr member

(x-post)

Thanks in advance,

B.Andrada
    what exactly is a bottela ? And please dont tell me it means bottle in spanish...

banned
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by MtbAZ44 View Post
    what exactly is a bottela ? And please dont tell me it means bottle in spanish...
    It's a bottle, in spanish.

Meatbomb
    it does

mtbr member
    It's a bottle, in spanish.
    that is Botella not bottela... the double L is actually a letter of it's own in spanish giving the "yuh" sound

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Spanish lesson aside, any info on the ride?

banned
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by MtbAZ44 View Post
    that is Botella not bottela... the double L is actually a letter of it's own in spanish giving the "yuh" sound
    My bad. I'm just a half breed.

banned
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by leeazjr View Post
    Hey, I'm not familiar with the northern New Mexico trails, but this looks amazing. Are you thinking about a bikepacking trip, or just a meetup spot and a ride?
    I'm trying to put together a group ride, similar to the Spring Fling in AZ. Is that still going on?

Like I said, there has been a lot of bickering in the last few years amongst the locals. I think Zonian's know how to get along, without actually getting along. Know what I mean?

I'm gambling that if enough folks from your side of the border show interest, it might spur some motivation.

Thanks, Guys!

banned
    May 2014
    It would span over approximately 3 days, maybe 4. The rides would consist of a little known trail north of Chama, NM in the Rio Chama drainage, and the next day we would head up to the Cumbres Pass and hit the CDT. On the last day, we'd likely do something like South Boundary out of Black Lake in Angel Fire. If there is anything left over, I could schedule another ride in Abq, or folks have quite a few options in Santa Fe on their drive home.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Yeah this does sound like a lot of fun. Maybe everybody will get along, but if not at least there are nice trails to jump on and get away from the drama. I'm sure I could also get some people to travel from az with me, and always ready to take some vacation time from work!

banned
    May 2014
    The tentative schedule would be for late September-early October, if the Aspens cooperate. I will update this thread here once we get closer to the date. In the meantime, it would help out a lot if we could use this thread as a springboard to the main thread in the New Mexico forum. Let the locals know how much the have it made. I'm pretty sure they won't want you to have it all to yourself.

Thanks again for taking interest in our beloved state!

TB

DFL>DNF>DNS
    Sounds like a good time to me. Not sure I could swing this ride that time of year, currently in the works for a Colorado Trail bikepack around then. However, I'll be heading over to NM in a few weeks to ride the Chama Redneck Epic of the NMES. Going for the 70 mile option & based on pics I've seen of the region....I'm stoked to ride some CDT!!

Keep the updates coming, I'm sure a few AZ'ers will make the trek.
    My Two Schillingsworth

Ultra Endurance Posters & More: Posters/T-shirts & Stuff

banned
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by freeskier46 View Post
    Sounds like a good time to me. Not sure I could swing this ride that time of year, currently in the works for a Colorado Trail bikepack around then. However, I'll be heading over to NM in a few weeks to ride the Chama Redneck Epic of the NMES. Going for the 70 mile option & based on pics I've seen of the region....I'm stoked to ride some CDT!!

Keep the updates coming, I'm sure a few AZ'ers will make the trek.
    That is a fantastic event that Dave put on. You might want to call ahead and check with FS that the trail has been cleared. I'm sure it won't be a problem, but the beetle kill up there is widespread, and the potential for downed trees is pretty high. From the North side of the CDT, once you get to the ridge, you will be able to view the Archulta Valley. The CDT South has some killer singletrack as well, but you are mainly in the forest.

Have fun!

View of the Archuleta Valley from CDT North

PLEASE HELP!!  Any interest in a GITA ride?-cumbres-pass-clearing-813-097.jpg

Flat Top Mtn.

PLEASE HELP!!  Any interest in a GITA ride?-cumbres-pass-clearing-813-095.jpg

CDT North Singletracks

PLEASE HELP!!  Any interest in a GITA ride?-cdt-2-.jpg

PLEASE HELP!!  Any interest in a GITA ride?-cdt-5-.jpg

banned
    May 2014
    The tentative schedule would be for late September-early October, if the Aspens cooperate. I will update this thread here once we get closer to the date. In the meantime, it would help out a lot if we could use this thread as a springboard to the main thread in the New Mexico forum. Let the locals know how much the have it made. I'm pretty sure they won't want you to have it all to yourself.

Thanks again for taking interest in our beloved state!

TB
    How does the last week of September work for everyone?

Please follow up on the main thread here if you are really interested.

Thanks!

http://forums.mtbr.com/new-mexico/an...-a-918717.html