Places to watch Le Tour de France- Mtbr.com

Jan 2004

Places to watch Le Tour de France

Le Tour de France is Saturday, July 3 ~ Sunday, July 25.

This post is dedicated to locations acrossed Arizona that will be airing that days battles in the mountains. Post any bars/pubs/clubs/houseparties/pirated satellite connections that will be showing the race and MTBRs (and friends) can meet. I've heard of theatres outside of AZ showing the race, but unfortunately I was unable to locate any organized wide screen viewing.

If all else fails, check out http://www.letour.fr/2004/us/index_oln.html for the OLN viewing schedule.

mtbr member
    Why bother, we all know who's going to win (and he ain't Texan :-)

I'm one of the fortunate few who does not have cable, so in the last 4 years, I've seen a total of maybe 5 hours of OLN coverage. However, I did watch it at a place called Half Moon (or is it Blue Moon) on Greenway and 7th (can't remember if it's 7th street or 7th ave), right next to a LA fitness. Close enough to T100 to make it worth your time. They hosted a Trek/Landis/OLN night, and have trivia and a bike give away. It was a strong turn out, so I'm guessing they are TdF friendly.

Jan 2004

Who is going to win?

[QUOTE=skinny-tire] Why bother, we all know who's going to win (and he ain't Texan :-)

I don't think Rex was in it due to a MTBR ride conflict. So who is it Jeff?

Saucy Size
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny-tire
    Why bother, we all know who's going to win (and he ain't Texan :-)
    Nah. Hamilton's gonna choke or break something. Guy's got some kind of Egyptian curse on him. Meanwhile, Armstrong has made some sort of pact with dark forces. He's probably got a portrait in his attic of a cyclist ravaged with chemo and covered in casts and bandages.

What's that? The Europeans ride bikes too? You don't say.

p.
    Don't be that guy! Read the forum guidelines.

MFC

Mar 2004

My house

Quote Originally Posted by AZClydesdale

This post is dedicated to locations acrossed Arizona that will be airing that days battles in the mountains. Post any bars/pubs/clubs/houseparties/pirated satellite connections that will be showing the race and MTBRs (and friends) can meet. I've heard of theatres outside of AZ showing the race, but unfortunately I was unable to locate any organized wide screen viewing.

If all else fails, check out http://www.letour.fr/2004/us/index_oln.html for the OLN viewing schedule.
    This thing will be on 24/7 at my house. I don't know how a non-road riding, downhilling mtn. biker like myself became so obsessed with the TDF, but I am. I never thought of a viewing party, but that's a pretty good idea. Especially for stage 16, the TT up Alpe d'huez. That's gonna be epic!

Saucy Size
    Quote Originally Posted by MFC
    This thing will be on 24/7 at my house. I don't know how a non-road riding, downhilling mtn. biker like myself became so obsessed with the TDF, but I am. I never thought of a viewing party, but that's a pretty good idea. Especially for stage 16, the TT up Alpe d'huez. That's gonna be epic!
    I have a good friend who throws a prologue (or is it prelude? I can't remember -- the pre-race race they do) party every year. Good times.

I encourage everyone to check out The Triplets of Belleville for a TdF-themed animated treat. The cartoon version of a Tour mountain stage is particularly brutal.

p.
    Don't be that guy! Read the forum guidelines.

mtbr member
    My wish list:
    1. Tyler
    2. Ullrich
    3. Basso
    4. Heras
    5. Lance

Ouch, I am hot!

Dude

My wish list:
    1. Tyler
    2. Ullrich
    3. Basso
    4. Heras
    5. Lance
    Dude, I thought you were straight, having a girlfriend and all. Of these, I think the most exciting outcome would be Ullrich winning in a very tight race with Lance a close 2nd.
    I AM JUST A JERK

MFC

Mar 2004

Prediction

My wish list:
    1. Tyler
    2. Ullrich
    3. Basso
    4. Heras
    5. Lance
    Barring any crashes, illness, or other disasters by Lance, this will be another race for second this year. No one else listed has the combination of fitness, team, and determination that Lance does this year. I might have thought Ullrich had a legitmate shot, but after losing his teamate Vinikourov, I don't think he has enough support on his team. You never can be sure in cycling though!

Here's how I see it ending.

1. Lance
    2. Ullrich
    3. Hamilton
    4. Mayo/Heras

wowarizona.com
    Jan 2004

Tucson "Tour" Viewing

Quote Originally Posted by AZClydesdale

We'll have it running at our place on a 55 inch bigscreen/full surround.

It will be on concurrently with festivities for the weekend.
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=30436
    Our space is limited, I'm hoping to get an RSVP from people planning to attend.

Back to working on the tabletop and berms…
    CJ
    WOW Arizona!

Jan 2004

Cj ~

Quote Originally Posted by C.J.
    We'll have it running at our place on a 55 inch bigscreen/full surround. It will be on concurrently with festivities for the weekend.
    This is turning out to be quite a July 4th event. I regret I cannot make it due to family commitments but I will next time....if you host again. :-)