Thread: Pivot Phx. DH

mtbr member

Pivot Phx. DH

http://www.declinemagazine.com/content.php?itemid=4943

pretty sweet.....Whats up Mr. Kenny B. wanna touch it the bike if i have to then yes i will touch it

mtbr member
    They should do a DW warranty/crash replacement for my Sunday, since it's pretty much the same bike, and give me one of those

mtbr member
    Looks pretty damn sweet!

mtbr member
    that's a sweet ride man

sixsixtysix
    If I hear the term "position sensitive anti-squat" again, my head is going to explode.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sixsixtysix
    If I hear the term "position sensitive anti-squat" again, my head is going to explode.

"position sensitive anti-squat"

sixsixtysix
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokenspokesSteve-o
    "position sensitive anti-squat"
    Seriously...

Just go read this and by the end you'll want to kick a puppy.

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=231234

At times I wonder if its possible for people to get their tongues any further up DWs a$$

bland
    how about position and velocity sensitive compression damping?

mtbr member
    Next gen is "position sensitive anti-squirt"

sixsixtysix
    Quote Originally Posted by m77ranger
    how about position and velocity sensitive compression damping?

Thats fine, most modern shocks do that and theres a noticeable benefit from it because you can tune every variable of the shock.

On the other hand "position sensitive anti-squat" has marketing gimmick written all over it and its been debated to no end if it even actually works or is just a theory.

Either way, not taking anything away from the boys at Pivot, I think the PHX turned out looking good, and hope the final production models turn out looking as good as this first batch of hand built frames.

mtbr member
    I hope they keep the cable routing the same...thats where most companies f-up a nice rig by running the cable down the down tube....do they not think of shuttles or chair lifts

Wounder what the price tag for one of these will be at ....gata support there WC team along with Kyle Straits salary so probably 2400 frame er more then build prob. 5k

I do like it

bland
    Quote Originally Posted by tmarkos
    Next gen is "position sensitive anti-squirt"
    I wish poliberto's would come out with nutrition sensitive anti-shat on their chorizo breakfast burritos...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sixsixtysix
    Seriously...

Just go read this and by the end you'll want to kick a puppy.

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=231234

At times I wonder if its possible for people to get their tongues any further up DWs a$$
    That thread is the biggest bunch of BS armchair enginerd meaningless shite and ego banter collection I have ever seen. Them guyz need to ride dere biks moar!

Two wheels are better
    Put my order in for two of them. That way I don't have to bother adjusting the geo... to much work.
    "There are two kinds of people in this world that go around beardless—boys and women, and I am neither one"

mtbr member
    The Phoenix looks sweet. I think we can all be proud that our home team has come up with World Cup worthy DH mount. I agree the suspension blather does border on nauseating at times, but all I can say is dont knock it until you've tried it. Not all of us want to flip a lever at the top and bottom of every hill. Our local bike manufacturer has carefully built a reputation for thoughtful design, meticulous quality control and vets their innovations on our own South Mountain. Long live suspension geeks, and heres to as many big bike options as people can come up with! Nice job Pivot!

Pivotal figure
    Steve-O mang! Gotta wait a bit longer to caress the bikes, no idea when they'll be let out for the regular peeps to try out. I haven't even gotten to ride one yet (I know, my own fault but still... ). I can say that the minimal time I spent on it was pretty cool. Felt like my 'Bird with a lot more squish. Very easy to manual
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kenbentit
    Steve-O mang! Gotta wait a bit longer to caress the bikes, no idea when they'll be let out for the regular peeps to try out. I haven't even gotten to ride one yet (I know, my own fault but still... ). I can say that the minimal time I spent on it was pretty cool. Felt like my 'Bird with a lot more squish. Very easy to manual
    Yep I know....just came across this article and got all jacked looking at it and knew you had to know a lill bout it...I know, can't say to much just yet look forward to finding out more on her

Nice rig

Pivotal figure
    The ride is pretty familiar since the suspension curve is basically the same as the Firebird. Felt really cool on my uber-gnar speed bump mashing
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

Pivoteer
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokenspokesSteve-o

Wounder what the price tag for one of these will be at ....gata support there WC team along with Kyle Straits salary so probably 2400 frame er more then build prob. 5k

I do like it

I grabbed a quick glimpse of the bike yesterday at SOMO as a few guys were shuttling. Looked pretty good and beefy from a distance.

I bet the frames run close to $3K. The Turner DHR, Knolly Podium, and similar bikes in that "class" will be running $3K+ .

I have dreamed about building a Podium, but at $4500 for frame and fork, I will pass. The Highline will have to handle DH and park duties.
    Employed by Pivot Cycles - www.pivotcycles.com

mtbr member
    That looks sweet!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tiSS'er
    I grabbed a quick glimpse of the bike yesterday at SOMO as a few guys were shuttling. Looked pretty good and beefy from a distance.

I bet the frames run close to $3K. The Turner DHR, Knolly Podium, and similar bikes in that "class" will be running $3K+ .

I have dreamed about building a Podium, but at $4500 for frame and fork, I will pass. The Highline will have to handle DH and park duties.

Nice....those builds ain't cheap.

Highline is pretty cable rig, nice ride

GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    I doubt the Phoenix will be made in the USA like the other bikes you mentioned, so it should be cheaper....
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP - VP of Business Development
    Pivot Cycles - Team Rider

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NoahColorado
    I doubt the Phoenix will be made in the USA like the other bikes you mentioned, so it should be cheaper....
    My guess would be around $2,650.

sixsixtysix
    That frame will be $2500+ no matter where it's made. Transition's new TR450 is all made in Taiwan and its $2400. Throw on the perceived Pivot "premium" and DW's licensing fees and it'll probably be between $2700-$3000 for the frame and shock.

Pivoteer
    Quote Originally Posted by NoahColorado
    Agreed, although we all know that is not how items are priced. Since the market will sustain $3k frames, it would be wise for Pivot to price at $2900. Seems like a bargain in comparison. Beyond the fact that Pivot will want to maximize its earned income on each frame since the volume will likely be lower than the other models they sell.

Besides, have you seen the CNC work on that lower BB area? Crazy and not cheap!
    Employed by Pivot Cycles - www.pivotcycles.com

GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    Agreed, although we all know that is not how items are priced. Since the market will sustain $3k frames, it would be wise for Pivot to price at $2900.
    $2900 is less than $3000

Ultimately it should be the quality of the frame, it's design, and it's features that will sell it - a couple hundred dollars here or there shouldn't matter when you're spending that kinda cash. If you're looking for a bargain DH frame the Giant Glory seems to have that price point locked up.

My point was that it shouldn't foreseeably be more than a DHR or Podium. It will most likely be in the same ballpark as those, but probably a bit less....

Edit: The Podium (my next sled) is $2850 w/ Vivid
    Last edited by NoahColorado; 05-25-2010 at 04:33 PM.
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP - VP of Business Development
    Pivot Cycles - Team Rider

Members who have read this thread: 0