Pivot Cycles Demo December 3rd McDowell Mountain Park- Mtbr.com
    Paterfamilias
    Feb 2006

Pivot Cycles Demo December 3rd McDowell Mountain Park

If you are in the Phoenix area, come out to McDowell Mountain Park Saturday December 3rd, 10am to 3pm. We will be hosting a demo event, all of our new 2012 models will be available to ride!

The Dawn to Dusk race will be held that same day at the other end of the park on the Pemberton Trails. We will be at the main entrance near the competition loops.

We'd love to see you out there! Come test ride the new 2012 models!
    "The face of a child can say it all, especially the mouth part of the face".
    Jack Handy

Multiple Lines Rock
    My GF wants to know if you can bring a mach5.7 and a mach4 in XS (21.5TT) if so we will drive a few hrs to come say hi.

Paterfamilias
    Feb 2006
    We have every size available at our demo's. We only have 1 for each model on the smaller sizes.

Come on down!
    "The face of a child can say it all, especially the mouth part of the face".
    Jack Handy

Multiple Lines Rock
    Thats Awesome. See you there. This is a far better response than I got from the specialized demo folks, who have no XS bikes for her on their van..they dont make the era anyways, Hello Mach4/5.7!

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    That's because every manufacturer scales their bikes differently. For instance, some bike companies call a 15 inch frame an XS and others a Small, the dimensions are the same for each bike. Also, there are other dimensions other than TT that are equally important...like stand over height, bar sweep/riser, long/short stem to fine tune and over all cockpit feel. .02

I will probably be out there testing the new 5.7 Make sure Josh has it ready for me please Dan.....Large 5.7, Set for 180lb rider, tubeless @28psi.

THX

Huffy Rider
    What length cranks are on the small 5.7's?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pedal-man View Post
    That's because every manufacturer scales their bikes differently. For instance, some bike companies call a 15 inch frame an XS and others a Small, the dimensions are the same for each bike. Also, there are other dimensions other than TT that are equally important...like stand over height, bar sweep/riser, long/short stem to fine tune and over all cockpit feel. .02

I will probably be out there testing the new 5.7 Make sure Josh has it ready for me please Dan.....Large 5.7, Set for 180lb rider, tubeless @28psi.

THX
    I would hardly say that standover height is anywhere near as important as top tube length. Standover importance is overrated IMO.
    "Don't feel bad. A lot of people have no talent"

Multiple Lines Rock
    I agree, TT seems the most important factor with BB height coming in close 2nd as far as her comfort and confidence. She is 5'1" and both SO and TT become significant, as does front center and chainstay length too.

I find she rides best on TT's at 21" or less, but finding frames with 21" TT is hard. The pivots are a tad longer- it would have been great if the mach4 has 21.5 but they dropped down to 21" for a mach5.7- thats what her current fleet of Intense VPP measure in at: her XVP is 21.5 and her EVP is 21..Pivots' 21.5 is great at XC but the smaller sizing helps in warming up to gnarlyness the same way I ride a large XC frame but go to medium for aggro bike-fit. She doesnt normally find that flexibilty..the test ride on a mach5.7 will be good!

She has realized that she has only ridden VPP, and adores her 1st FSR bike, a safire, which has a 20.7TT. at 127mm of travel, its good do it all, but a bit big for pure 'XC racebike class' duty, and not enough travel for AM. The 5.7 Pivot looks great on paper as a potential replacement for her EVP5.5.

sadly no 160mm options really exist for her..

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Acrophobe View Post
    I agree, TT seems the most important factor with BB height coming in close 2nd as far as her comfort and confidence. She is 5'1" and both SO and TT become significant, as does front center and chainstay length too.

I find she rides best on TT's at 21" or less, but finding frames with 21" TT is hard. The pivots are a tad longer- it would have been great if the mach4 has 21.5 but they dropped down to 21" for a mach5.7- thats what her current fleet of Intense VPP measure in at: her XVP is 21.5 and her EVP is 21..Pivots' 21.5 is great at XC but the smaller sizing helps in warming up to gnarlyness the same way I ride a large XC frame but go to medium for aggro bike-fit. She doesnt normally find that flexibilty..the test ride on a mach5.7 will be good!

She has realized that she has only ridden VPP, and adores her 1st FSR bike, a safire, which has a 20.7TT. at 127mm of travel, its good do it all, but a bit big for pure 'XC racebike class' duty, and not enough travel for AM. The 5.7 Pivot looks great on paper as a potential replacement for her EVP5.5.

sadly no 160mm options really exist for her..
    Please repost. You left a few numbers out
    i never thought i'd be 43 and living here......i kinda wanted to be a rockstar..." Mark Hendershot

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Any chance you will have a Point to demo on the Pump Track????

I am Doctor Remulak
    Quote Originally Posted by motochick View Post
    What length cranks are on the small 5.7's?
    175's

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Any phoenix or perhaps a firebird in the demo fleet?

mtbr member
    small M4X?

Bloodied but Unbowed
    Quote Originally Posted by dunerinaz View Post
    I would hardly say that standover height is anywhere near as important as top tube length. Standover importance is overrated IMO.
    Agreed on that. Top tube length is king. My legs are so short I'd need to ride a kids bike to get anything approaching standover so I do not even bother to read that on spec on any except out of mere curiosity.

To the people looking at the Mach 5.7, it is a killer bike. It is the only bike I have ridden that felt as good or better than what I am on now, the name of which is not mentioned out of respect for this vendor's thread. I had a great time out there last year and sampled the 5.7 and two sizes the Firebird. The 5.7 would make an awesome AZ do everything bike.

Pivotal figure
    No Point or M4X demos available (yet). We have Firebird and Phoenix demos, not really sure where you'd ride the Phoenix out there though...
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

mtbr member

How about womens specific models?

My GF has been trying to demo womens-specific models in as small as possible sizes... She is after a lightweight XC rig..Do you expect anything in that category to be on the truck? Either FS/HT 26er, or HT 29er...
    Check my pulse...

Pivotal figure
    We have the Mach 5.7 in XS and Mach 4 in XXS. The 429 only goes down to size Small which is still kinda big (it is a 29er FS rig)...
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude