Pima Dynamite trails?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Pima Dynamite trails?

Are the trails out there well marked? Or are the local social trails. I was planning of ridding West Express from PD to F gate. Then Girl's Route to Cholla to Roller Coaster. Unless there is a better route. Are the intersections marked?

mtbr member
    West express from PD is hammered, very wide and sandy. If you start at the north end of Alma School were it ends at the preserve gate there is less forging through used up trails. There are some extremely fun, fast and technical sections of several trials you can do from there that make about a 18 mile loop. The dirt bike names are, Murphy's to Hidden trail to Motorcross road back to the south side of Granite mountain on the Pack Trail.

From there you can get your money back on the "Luge" a mile and a half or so of a slot car track winding through a cactus garden. Watch your bars and pedals!!!

I think I may just go out there this weekend, its been a while.

Steve

meow
    The trails are all marked by number, as long as you have a map you shouldn't get lost. There are a few areas that can be confusing as one trail crosses another several times. Linky to map of trails outside of MSP:
    http://www.gf.state.az.us/pdfs/outdo...20Brochure.pdf

West Express (23) is NOT hammered, it's in great condition and isn't bad riding that direction, although the highest fun factor is riding from north to south. Good route choice - take 23 to 54, right on 3 to 25, 44, 24, 28, 30, 24 and then Coaster.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Thanks Cato!

Members who have read this thread: 0