Photo Friday 3-27: the colors are esploding!!!- Mtbr.com
    parenting for gnarness

Photo Friday 3-27: the colors are esploding!!!

Brown's Ranch with the kids.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Photo Friday 3-27: the colors are esploding!!!-2015_0322_brownsranch_07_blog.jpg  

Photo Friday 3-27: the colors are esploding!!!-2015_0322_brownsranch_08_blog.jpg  

Photo Friday 3-27: the colors are esploding!!!-2015_0322_brownsranch_02_blog.jpg  

Photo Friday 3-27: the colors are esploding!!!-2015_0322_brownsranch_04_blog.jpg  

Photo Friday 3-27: the colors are esploding!!!-2015_0322_brownsranch_05_blog.jpg  

Photo Friday 3-27: the colors are esploding!!!-2015_0322_brownsranch_01_blog.jpg  

YES to Scottsdale Prop 420
    Our Preserve, Our Taxes, Our Vote

mtbr member

Hillside Arizona

the annual rabbit hunt... mmm tasty grillin' soon.. Photo Friday 3-27: the colors are esploding!!!-dscn0467.jpg

SamuraiBunnyGuy
    **** dude

mtbr member
    What !? You killed those poor little bunnies? I'm not riding with you anymore!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by longhairmike View Post
    **** dude
    I'm French, don't knock my heritage... Very normal to eat rabbit amongst the French
    Why Don't We Eat More Rabbit in America? | KeysNews.com

mtbr member
    Damn dude this is a bike forum not a rabbit killing forum. If you need to show everyone how tough you are I suggest you post somewhere else.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by richiebankrupt View Post
    Damn dude this is a bike forum not a rabbit killing forum. If you need to show everyone how tough you are I suggest you post somewhere else.
    Well, he rides well and hunts pretty well apparently too haha. I saw the pic and thought "damn, nice job", but to each his own. Carry on...

Ahhh the pain....
    Thanks to seeing those dead bunnies, now I feel like killin' sumpin!
    Photo Friday 3-27: the colors are esploding!!!-photo-54-.jpg

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Always angry, Ray. haha

mtbr member
    It's really not necessary to show that picture. While it's your right to hunt, this is biking forum and you might want to considered that some members here find this offensive.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    If you can't see a dead animal I hope you don't eat meat. I'm a vegetarian and I have no problem with it. In my youth I've hunted quite a bit of quail and rabbit for dinner. I think everyone who eats meat should kill their dinner at least once.

Ahhh the pain....
    Quote Originally Posted by cdahl View Post
    It's really not necessary to show that picture. While it's your right to hunt, this is biking forum and you might want to considered that some members here find this offensive.
    If you find that pic of the dead rabbits offensive, I would highly suggest disconnecting yourself from the internet, TV and any other source of information. Would you also be equally offended if I posted pics of the 5 largemouth bass I caught and took (legally) from Bartlett Lake? Please, grow some f*ing nuts and if you can't, go find a forum where people care about you being offended.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybum View Post
    If you find that pic of the dead rabbits offensive, I would highly suggest disconnecting yourself from the internet, TV and any other source of information. Would you also be equally offended if I posted pics of the 5 largemouth bass I caught and took (legally) from Bartlett Lake? Please, grow some f*ing nuts and if you can't, go find a forum where people care about you being offended.
    What? You kill bass for sport? i'm not doing anymore of your AES races.

mtbr member
    It would be quite the feat for me to grow some nuts since I'm a woman, but I have been told I've got "balls", so there you go!

And, again, this is mtn bike forum not a hunting forum, so it's not outside the realm to ask the poster to consider that there are people here who don't want to see dead animals here and sorry, but an animal that is shot dead is a whole different ballgame than a string of fish.

My post was in no way incendiary so I don't know why you've got your panties in such a wad.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    It would be quite the feat for me to grow some nuts since I'm a woman, but I have been told I've got "balls", so there you go!

And, again, this is mtn bike forum not a hunting forum, so it's not outside the realm to ask the poster to consider that there are people here who don't want to see dead animals here and sorry, but an animal that is shot dead is a whole different ballgame than a string of fish.

My post was in no way incendiary so I don't know why you've got your panties in such a wad.
    Vegetarian ?

mtbr member
    May 2011

He is eating thoose rabbits. They were not killed for sport. Thoose rabbits lived a much better life than anything you can get at a store. He has every right to hunt and he has every right to post a pic. If you see something you find offensive you have every right to f__k off and look at something else. No where is it written that you have the right to not be offended.

mtbr member
    Dear Tim,

Did you happen to read my original post where, and I'll quote for you I said, "it's your right to hunt"? I never told him not to hunt or maligned him in any manner. And guess what, I'm looking at biking forum not a hunting forum so therefore I can be offended by the photo, so please f__k off yourself. Thank you and have a nice evening.

Sincerely,
    cdahl

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Holy crap! This thread has derailed!

parenting for gnarness
    Dear Tim,

Did you happen to read my original post where, and I'll quote for you I said, "it's your right to hunt"? I never told him not to hunt or maligned him in any manner. And guess what, I'm looking at biking forum not a hunting forum so therefore I can be offended by the photo, so please f__k off yourself. Thank you and have a nice evening.

Sincerely,
    cdahl
    so much fun when passive-aggressive people get testy.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by el poseur View Post
    Holy crap! This thread has derailed!
    Yes this thread has derailed. So, let's put it back on track.

Here's my Jabber in the Coyote Canyon north of Granite Mountain at Brown's Ranch.

Photo Friday 3-27: the colors are esploding!!!-fullsizerender.jpg

parenting for gnarness
    how is coyote canyon - it looks cool, but how does it ride? Heading out there tomorrow.

mtbr member
    When leaving granite mtn. loop, you will see signs warning you of sandy trails. Once you get a bit north, you will see a fork where you can go left for a big loop or right for a small loop. Just do the small one. The canyon itself is very short and rideable. Definitely worth a visit to see something different.

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by az3075 View Post
    When leaving granite mtn. loop, you will see signs warning you of sandy trails. Once you get a bit north, you will see a fork where you can go left for a big loop or right for a small loop. Just do the small one. The canyon itself is very short and rideable. Definitely worth a visit to see something different.
    thanks, will see what inspires me tomorrow for route choices.

MEGALOMANIAC
    Ray, I've got to draw the line right here. Go hunt until your happy but Largemouth (and Smallmouth) bass are catch-n-release fish. Please don't kill anymore of them. Bluegill, Crappie, Striped bass, Catfish, and Carp (if you're brave enough to eat one) are all available for eating but please put the Largemounth and Smallmouth bass back.
    life is... "All About Bikes"...

mtbr member
    richie and cdahl, Nobody should be offended by photos of legally harvested game animals. I'm offended that you are offended. Who are you to judge others for their choices? Who are you to say what should be allowed here? You don't have a right to not be offended. This isn't a flower forum either but you didn't object to that. What about those kids? They are off the trail! Sometimes there are photos of alcohol on here. I haven't heard a bunch of LDS folks complaining.

Hunting is the most real and honest way of interacting with our environment. The same way our ancestors did it for thousands of years. Without hunting we would have never become the intelligent beings we are today.

Here's a photo of about 300# of 100% organic, zero environmental impact protein. To get this much protein from veggies you would have to clear a bunch of land, use a bunch of water and exclude all other wildlife and plants. Plus I got a lot of exercise and recreation in the process.

Photo Friday 3-27: the colors are esploding!!!-2013elk2-copy.jpg

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Twowheelchris View Post
    richie and cdahl, Nobody should be offended by photos of legally harvested game animals. I'm offended that you are offended. Who are you to judge others for their choices? Who are you to say what should be allowed here? You don't have a right to not be offended. This isn't a flower forum either but you didn't object to that. What about those kids? They are off the trail! Sometimes there are photos of alcohol on here. I haven't heard a bunch of LDS folks complaining.

Hunting is the most real and honest way of interacting with our environment. The same way our ancestors did it for thousands of years. Without hunting we would have never become the intelligent beings we are today.

Here's a photo of about 300# of 100% organic, zero environmental impact protein. To get this much protein from veggies you would have to clear a bunch of land, use a bunch of water and exclude all other wildlife and plants. Plus I got a lot of exercise and recreation in the process.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013elk2 copy.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	299.8 KB 
ID:	976537
    I want to see some pics of you gutting that elk and and quartering it to pack it out. You didn't use an ATV did you? I hate ATVs and really object when folks use them and post pics on the internet, especially when hunting a 1000lb animal with a bow and arrow. How sporting is that?

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Photo Friday 3-27: the colors are esploding!!!-img_6587.jpg
    Meh

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rockman View Post
    especially when hunting a 1000lb animal with a bow and arrow. How sporting is that?
    I am going to assume this is sarcasm... archery elk is insanely difficult...

mtbr member

bradshaw grinder pre ride

pre ride of the bradshaw grinder... anyone else signing up ? Photo Friday 3-27: the colors are esploding!!!-dscn0458.jpg?
    Photo Friday 3-27: the colors are esploding!!!-dscn0461.jpg
    Photo Friday 3-27: the colors are esploding!!!-dscn0463.jpg

here is the course.
    https://www.strava.com/activities/268270235

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    All I do is mountain bike ..... that is my whole life ..... It so interesting to NOT to learn about what people do outside of biking.......... Oh, no, he harvested some oranges ... I mean rabbits...
    I don't hunt deer or elk but sure like eating it .... someone come up to Pine and shoot the tame deer that the anti-hunter deer feeders have crippled.... I'll show ya where they are... Nice elk by the way. Don't get me started on "entitled veganism". Go live in a third world country ..... you'll be eating bugs, dogs, cats, weeds, smoking weeds, just to stay alive.... No species that is legally hunted has become extinct, in fact, usually, because of their value ecosystems and chucks of land (that we bike through) have been protected to make sure they thrive. These programs are paid through license fees, gun and ammo sales, etc. So ... if you like seeing animals like elk.... and songbirds ... go buy a hunting license...
    Last edited by 90minIPA; 03-28-2015 at 06:53 AM. Reason: correcting reference

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RajunCajun44 View Post
    I am going to assume this is sarcasm... archery elk is insanely difficult...
    Indeed.

Nice pics Cholla. Way to get the kids out there.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by az3075 View Post
    Yes this thread has derailed. So, let's put it back on track.

Here's my Jabber in the Coyote Canyon north of Granite Mountain at Brown's Ranch.

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg 
Size:	138.2 KB 
ID:	976526
    Thank you.

Weakened Warrior
    Here’s my attempt at an offensive food-chain post: we cleaned off the last of the oranges from our trees this morning. We are using them for food, but I admit that I do not have a valid citrus harvesting license, nor did I check if they were in season. But I only eat meat if it comes out of a cellophane wrapper.

Poor, innocent little things...they have no idea what's coming.
    Photo Friday 3-27: the colors are esploding!!!-img_0200-large-.jpg

Fresh kill
    Photo Friday 3-27: the colors are esploding!!!-img_3152-large-.jpg

Are we still allowed to post bike pictures on this forum? Made it up to Sedona yesterday: Chuckwagon
    Photo Friday 3-27: the colors are esploding!!!-img_3140_1_2-large-.jpg

Heading up Easy Breezy to Templeton
    Photo Friday 3-27: the colors are esploding!!!-img_2906-large-.jpg

mtbr member
    Photo Friday 3-27: the colors are esploding!!!-2015-02-13-16.34.24.jpg A little flashback to the Whiskey this year. Taking it all in with a beer and Dirtbyte. This thread needs more beer this week it appears.
    Vassago Cycles, Shadetree Bikes, Flat Tire Bikes, Galfer Brakes USA

mtbr member
    the annual rabbit hunt... mmm tasty grillin' soon.. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0467.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	233.4 KB 
ID:	976411
    Wow- if folks are gonna get mad at this picture, good thing I didn't post the ones of you dancing at FoTR last year! (BTW Brian- my wife hopes you are coming out for that one again- we had a blast!)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cstem View Post
    Wow- if folks are gonna get mad at this picture, good thing I didn't post the ones of you dancing at FoTR last year! (BTW Brian- my wife hopes you are coming out for that one again- we had a blast!)
    You know us Cajuns... we love our wild parties and wild game...

parenting for gnarness
    pre ride of the bradshaw grinder...
    you know this is a mountain bike forum, not a cross bike forum? Of course its your right to ride CX if you like, but some on here might be offended. I'm not, I'm just speaking up on behalf of the disenfranchised riders who might feel uncomfortable doing so.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Twowheelchris View Post

Name:	2013elk2 copy.jpg 
Size:	299.8 KB 
ID:	976537
    One nice looking elk i have always wanted to get one.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Ted nugent for president lol

mtbr member
    removed

DFL>DNF>DNS
    Quote Originally Posted by cstem View Post

Name:	2015-02-13 16.34.24.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	98.4 KB 
ID:	976639 A little flashback to the Whiskey this year. Taking it all in with a beer and Dirtbyte. This thread needs more beer this week it appears.
    WTF, Cory, this pic seems suspiciously cropped to NOT show beer. FAIL!!
    My Two Schillingsworth

Ultra Endurance Posters & More: Posters/T-shirts & Stuff

mtbr member
    Didn't know you fished at all Ray. Didn't realize there were so many hunters and fisherman here either. I keep my mouth shut about hunting and fishing around most bike folks. Historically, it's a pretty anti-hunting, anti-gun crowd.

Learn something new every day!
    Drinkin the S-Works Kool-aid

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Not all mtbr members are high and mighty vegans.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Nugent View Post
    This is Arizona. I guarantee there are more hunters and fisherman than mountain bikers.
    Whackmaster, I'm a native and have been doing both my entire life. My point was, I didn't realize there were so many crossovers to hunting and fishing. That's why I keep my mouth shut about it.

I've got some animal tats that have started conversations with other cyclist that have led to some ugly confrontations over it. I just keep it to myself.
    Last edited by chipolopolo; 03-28-2015 at 08:50 PM.
    Drinkin the S-Works Kool-aid

Meatbomb
    I shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die.

mtbr member
    Feb 2015

Smile

talk about a dead end rabbit trail

mtbr member
    Brian- I think the only way to redeem yourself on this forum is to bring some wild game to FoTR on Friday night so we can eat it. I will cook if you clean the game.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tim300wsm View Post
    Ted nugent for president lol
    Draft dodger
    Luke, this is your father's lightsaber. I cut him in 1/2 to get it.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by darth biker View Post
    Draft dodger
    wouldn't be the first

No Clue Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by richiebankrupt View Post
    I love how people think taking your own food makes you THINK you're a tough guy. Guess I need to start hunting to up my outdoor-cred...

This is the best FotoFriday thread yet!

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    Just another jackhole sock puppet. You could probably safely ignore.

mtbr member
    This has nothing to due with hunting, but when my stomach goes south after eating something bad, or the flu I call it "the Nuge." Try it. Say "leave me alone! I got the Nuge." it's perfect.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Quick trip to CA this weekend. Hit up a couple of favorites:

Sycamore Canyon and Chesboro Canyon in the Santa Monica mountains. The drought has made a big impact on the trails from what I remember since last riding them almost 3 years ago. Sycamore Canyon also suffered a fire that wiped out most of the trees on the west end of the park. Trails normally hidden by thick trees and shrubs are completely exposed on the hillside.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Photo Friday 3-27: the colors are esploding!!!-img_0081.jpg  

Photo Friday 3-27: the colors are esploding!!!-img_0082.jpg  

Photo Friday 3-27: the colors are esploding!!!-img_0092.jpg  

Photo Friday 3-27: the colors are esploding!!!-img_0093.jpg  

Photo Friday 3-27: the colors are esploding!!!-img_0100.jpg  

Photo Friday 3-27: the colors are esploding!!!-img_0106.jpg  

Photo Friday 3-27: the colors are esploding!!!-img_0115.jpg  

Photo Friday 3-27: the colors are esploding!!!-img_0143.jpg  

Photo Friday 3-27: the colors are esploding!!!-img_0149.jpg  

How much further ???
    This thread makes me laugh. +1
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did." Mark Twain

parenting for gnarness
    could someone save me some of that elk antler, those are some expensive dog chews!

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    But they last forever. We have two 100-pound American bulldogs, both chewers, and still have the antlers we bought two years ago.