Phoenix Arizona Stolen Bike Registry- Help us recover stolen bikes, locally!!!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2008

Phoenix Arizona Stolen Bike Registry- Help us recover stolen bikes, locally!!!

Thieves and Craigslist buyers beware. The Phoenix Arizona Stolen Bike Registry and Sunday Cycles Bike Shop win, AGAIN! We had two stolen bikes walk in the shop today. Thanks to posts on the Phoenix stolen bike registry, we recognized them, ID'd them, and, with the help of City of Phoenix Police Department, helped two more bike theft victims re-unite with their bikes. Craigslist buyers, make sure you see a receipt before you buy a used bike. As pages like the stolen bike registry get bigger, more and more shops and customers will see these bikes posted and they will become engrained in our memories. As they walk into shops statewide, a wrench, customer, manager, or owner will spot them and reference this site, contacting the owner, and re-uniting the people with their property. Though in this case, the buyers were ultimately victims too, they were out $800.00 for buying $9000.00 worth of stolen bikes, now impounded by the police. Let this be a lesson to all Craigslist bike buyers... Ask for receipts. I implore all of you, for love off all that is good, to LIKE this page, and share it on your page, asking your cycling friends, local bike shops, and your entire community, to Like this page. It IS working. As a result of this page, we have united 7 stolen bikes with their owners. Think of how many people will find their bikes, and criminals will be found if we all like this page. Rant over, Joe out!

https://www.facebook.com/PASBR

mtbr member
    Buyers weren't victims if they paid 800 for a 9000 bike, unless they were incredibly uneducated about bikes.

Good to hear you got 2 back though!!

Give it a crank
    Any details on how this works for stolen bikes that end up beyond Phoenix? Beyond Arizona? In Mexico? On Mars?

Will bikes also get registered with the National Bike Registry?

SamuraiBunnyGuy
    i don't think i've ever heard the word 'implore' spoken without a British accent...

mtbr member

Phoenix Arizona Stolen Bike Registry- Help us recover stolen bikes, locally!!!

"liked"

banned
    Aug 2012
    Great idea ... I hope I'm never forced to create a Facebook page, to report a stolen bike.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Detectives need to work these up, through the buyers, to the sources, because it will likely add, at a minimum, drug cases into the mix. Junkie [email protected] probably don't change pre-paid phones that often.
    Nice KOM, sorry about your penis.