Personal goal achieved... yay!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Personal goal achieved... yay!

Feel free to ignore this point into oblivion. I just wanted to brag to like-minded folks.

I managed to clean all of Cardiac Hill at Hawes (aka mudflaps) from the bottom to the very top of the lookout for the very first time. Woo hoo! My heart was going to explode but I managed to pull it off. What made it even nicer was that I did it using my brand spanking new Stumpy FSR 29er! Talk about a nice innagural ride!

Ok enough of that... go on with your day.

/brag

Kathleen in AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by ECEGatorTuro
    Feel free to ignore this point into oblivion. I just wanted to brag to like-minded folks.

I managed to clean all of Cardiac Hill at Hawes (aka mudflaps) from the bottom to the very top of the lookout for the very first time. Woo hoo! My heart was going to explode but I managed to pull it off. What made it even nicer was that I did it using my brand spanking new Stumpy FSR 29er! Talk about a nice innagural ride!

/brag
    Most excellent Christmas presents to yourself - both the bike and cleaning mudflaps. I managed to ride a bit today too and it felt grand. Hip rehab is going nicely and I hope to be back to posting about rides soon!

mtbr member
    where's cardiac hill ?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Milos'
    where's cardiac hill ?
    It's the area they call Mudflaps. If you start on the Fenceline trail from Walgreens/Las Sendas, you basically head straight east up the Hawes trail and it starts going up a nice steep hill.

mtbr member
    ah thanks. I ride out there but only know the posted trail names.

mtbr member
    I'm glad I got to witness your stoke out there. Thats what its all about.

Break it, Fix it, Ride it
    Everyone riders better on a new bike! You must have been really good this year. What has become of the GF?

I think I made it up once many moons ago, but its been so long now, I'm starting to think I imagined it.
    Today's the day I eat bikes.

Control Freak
    Congrats...that is awesome..last time I had to stop 2x's when i started I stopped 5..but man its hard for me...

One day soon I will clean that damn hill! Awesome JOB!

mtbr member
    Did you ride a 29'er before? I am just curious if you can attribute the bike for improved success. I am researching new bikes and so many folks tell me get the 29'ers because they are great. I am skeptical and have not ridden one yet. Thanks

"Lurkers R us"
    Congrats on both!
    The climb and the new bike!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowbutSure
    Did you ride a 29'er before? I am just curious if you can attribute the bike for improved success. I am researching new bikes and so many folks tell me get the 29'ers because they are great. I am skeptical and have not ridden one yet. Thanks
    Yeah I actually had a hard tail 29er before. Although I think the 2011 Stumpy 29er has a slightly lower gear than my HT so that may have attributed slightly but not sure here since I don't know much about gearing.

I will definitely say that I LOVE my 29er and I would not get anything else. When I first started riding, I was using a borrowed 26" bike and I never felt very comfortable on it. I'm a tall guy at 6' and a 26" bike always felt tiny to me. I then went and bought a 29er and never looked back. Plus, it just rolls over ANYTHING. I know this because I suck at picking the right lines all the time.

My suggestion to you is to just try one! If you're tall, you will feel like it just fits much better. People always say that there is a momentum problem going uphill but who cares. Either way you're just riding and getting stronger so what difference does it make?

aka Diesel

/brag
    Woot! I remember the first time I cleaned Cardiac. I was so excited, I turned around and did it again, just to make sure it wasn't a fluke. Ah, the days of riding with gears!! I haven't come anywhere close to completely clearing it, on a single speed.

Well good damned job, you've motivated me to dust off my bike tonight, and head out there tomorrow morning!

Major envy on the FSR 29r. Grr. It sucks to be poor.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteKis
    Woot! I remember the first time I cleaned Cardiac. I was so excited, I turned around and did it again, just to make sure it wasn't a fluke. Ah, the days of riding with gears!! I haven't come anywhere close to completely clearing it, on a single speed.

Well good damned job, you've motivated me to dust off my bike tonight, and head out there tomorrow morning!

Major envy on the FSR 29r. Grr. It sucks to be poor.
    Want to feel worse? I have a friend who is in his 50's and he cleans that hill on his SS.

When are you headed out? Depending on how work is in the morning, I may skip out early if I'm done with things and take a ride out at Hawes in the early afternoon. Want to go riding then? I also plan to go Wednesday late morning too if you're interested!

aka Diesel
    Want to feel worse? I have a friend who is in his 50's and he cleans that hill on his SS.

When are you headed out? Depending on how work is in the morning, I may skip out early if I'm done with things and take a ride out at Hawes in the early afternoon. Want to go riding then? I also plan to go Wednesday late morning too if you're interested!
    Argh. I have to defer to the "You Tarzan, me Jane" excuse.

I'm gonna hit it in the early-ish hours, because I have to run various kids to various appointments in the afternoon, but Wednesday late morning I could totally be down for a ride! Keep me posted!

mtbr member
    Ok cool. Looks like I will be stuck here at work today for a while so I'll definitely head out Wednesday late morning. I'm roughly shooting for 10 or 11 (probably closer to 10). Let me know if that works...

aka Diesel
    Ok cool. Looks like I will be stuck here at work today for a while so I'll definitely head out Wednesday late morning. I'm roughly shooting for 10 or 11 (probably closer to 10). Let me know if that works...
    I'm probably in! I didn't make it out today, and tomorrow depends largely on how my day is going to pan-out! I'll know before bed, tonight.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteKis
    I'm probably in! I didn't make it out today, and tomorrow depends largely on how my day is going to pan-out! I'll know before bed, tonight.
    Ok just let me know. Is there a time that works better for you? As long as I'm on the way home by 1 or 2 I'll be fine.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Ok just let me know. Is there a time that works better for you? As long as I'm on the way home by 1 or 2 I'll be fine.
    Good for you Gator, Its so nice when you clean something you havent cleaned before !! I live right there and sometimes ride haws and scarface mountain when I can't get to somo.
    Since you cleaned Cardiac at Hawes now you are ready for Cardaiac and or "widow maker" at somo now !!

mtbr member
    Sep 2010

/brag

Way to go!! That's gotta feel awesome! Cardiac is still on my list to conquer, can't wait!

aka Diesel
    Well I am out! Gonna be taking care of a post-surgery slave driver tomorrow. Have fun if you make it out in the c-c-c--cold! And catch you next time!!

mtbr member
    Way to cancel at the last minute Dee! j/k LOL Who is post surgery?

I guess I can try to catch up to hatedg but I just don't want to wake up so damn early on the start of my vacation!

Control Freak
    dont be a hater get up early and lets get some riding in I have kids I forgot what sleeping in actually is...the other day i got to leep till 730

Members who have read this thread: 0