Performance sale- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Performance sale

Just a good chance for all my mtb friends to save a little and streach their dollar.

Performance Bicycle in Chandler (5955 West Ray Road) is having the same anniversary sale Fri-Sun and offering Friends and Family 20% extra savings on everything including bikes. The 20% is on top of the current Anniversary sale discounts. This is by far the best pricing the public may have a chance to get so ask me for the Coupon Flyer.

Also, if you are near the Peoria or Scottsdale location, tell them Jeff sent you and to set you up with the flyer.

im4Gsus
    hmm...let's see......what do i need ?
    "If God is your co-pilot you're in the wrong seat!" S Barrington

mtbr member
    I need a patch kit.

mtbr member
    This is great. See I went in to Performance a week ago to order some pedal parts. I have
    ordered these parts before and they were $40. I have ordered these parts more than once
    before, and every time, they have been $40. But this was a special enough order and the
    person working the counter that day couldn't figure out how to pull it off, so they took my
    name and number and stated they'd call the manufacturer, get a price and get back to me.

Sure enough, they called on Monday and said it'd be $50. Huh? I told the Performance
    employee that I'd been buying these parts for years and the price had always been $40.
    The employee said that they'd just gotten off the phone with the manufacturer and the
    price was $50. I said forget it, I'll check elsewhere.

So, I had Tracey check with the Trek dealer next door to where she works (they are a
    distributer of the brand I needed). Sure enough, Trek can get the parts.

$40

So, the fcukhead at Performance flat-out lied to me about the pricing.

Their price was, guess what, 20% over. Sweet, sweet deal this Performance 20%-off sale
    is.

:rollseyes:
    -- Evil Patrick

Some of my Music

My Videos

The trail...shall set you free.

Tucson, AZ
    I just went in to the Peoria store and said, "Jeff sent me." Everyone looked around, laughed at me, and started tossing chamois butter at me with old tire tubes as slingshots. Nice hoax man, I fell for it.

Meatbomb
    now THATS some funny chit

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AKA Monkeybutt
    Just a good chance for all my mtb friends to save a little and streach their dollar.

Performance Bicycle in Chandler (5955 West Ray Road) is having the same anniversary sale Fri-Sun and offering Friends and Family 20% extra savings on everything including bikes. The 20% is on top of the current Anniversary sale discounts. This is by far the best pricing the public may have a chance to get so ask me for the Coupon Flyer.

Also, if you are near the Peoria or Scottsdale location, tell them Jeff sent you and to set you up with the flyer.
    You'll see me there at Performance in Chandler quite a bit because it's my local bike shop -- a mile and a half from my home and a half mile from the office. It's where I got my really ugly yellow sleeveless roadie shirt at a price that was too good to pass up.
    "Thank you, God, for letting me have another day"
    The Milagro Beanfield War

I'm Lazy, So I Shuttle
    Sweet now I can buy the super sick motobecane bike I've allways wanted!
    The secret to mountain biking is pretty simple. The slower you go the more likely it is you'll crash.- Julie Furtado

mtbr member
    So is everything in the store automatically 20% off for members already?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by theFuzz
    So is everything in the store automatically 20% off for members already?
    No, olny for people with the flyer. PM me your email and I'll send you a PDF flyer to print. You also get your points if you are a Team Performance member

mtbr member
    Rumor has it Brian C. was seen test riding a CX bike

I might need to get one too if you take the plunge Brian.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I'm going to wait for Poorformance's "Yes the store is open today!" sale. Or something like that.

Or wait, is that Guitar Center? Anyhoo, both these stores are evil I tell you..
    Must....resist....low.....prices......

Tucson, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by cesper
    I'm going to wait for Poorformance's "Yes the store is open today!" sale. Or something like that. Or wait, is that Guitar Center? Anyhoo, both these stores are evil I tell you.. Must....resist....low.....prices......
    You keep telling yourself that and we will continue to save money by shopping around at the store that offers the best price.

Thanks again Jeff for offering up your discount to us, very nice.

mtbr member
    Thanks Jeff.
    the 20% off coupon coupled with the 20% sale on Sram stuff makes for a super cheap new drivetrain.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AKA Monkeybutt
    Rumor has it Brian C. was seen test riding a CX bike

I might need to get one too if you take the plunge Brian.
    What I call my road bike is really a Specialized Tricross, which is just a CX bike with slightly longer chain stays. I have two sets of wheels -- one with road tires mounted and the other with WTB Mutano Raptor 700 x 44 tires (sadly no longer made).

More people should by CX bikes and ride monster-cross. That way I'll be assured of tire availability. Right now about the only wide tire left is the Panaracer Fire 700 x 45.

I see that Performance has some nice Hutchinson 700 x 35 tires, but I haven't bitten yet

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by u2metoo
    I need a patch kit.
    Yeah, and come out with a Fox 40

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by hikerdave
    What I call my road bike is really a Specialized Tricross, which is just a CX bike with slightly longer chain stays. I have two sets of wheels -- one with road tires mounted and the other with WTB Mutano Raptor 700 x 44 tires (sadly no longer made).

More people should by CX bikes and ride monster-cross. That way I'll be assured of tire availability. Right now about the only wide tire left is the Panaracer Fire 700 x 45.

I see that Performance has some nice Hutchinson 700 x 35 tires, but I haven't bitten yet
    I'm currently riding a 44 Mutano and a 42 Mythos CX Slick f/r on my cross bike. I've never tried the Fire 45, but it looks too knobby for the paved sections of my rides. Bontrager makes a couple of 29er tires in 1.75", the 38c CrossWolf is supposed to be pretty good, and I can testify that the tubeless Hutchinsons you're talking about ride nice and fat (will be running Bulldog front, Piranha rear this cross season). Quick wear on the pave, though. I've heard good things about some of the Schwalbe Marathon XR, Cross, and Extreme offerings as well.

mtbr member
    I sucked up my frustration with the liar and went on in.

We bought 2 pairs of Sidi Dominator 5s.

And we got the membership card. So, in total, we saved 20% of $540 + 10% of the final,
    discounted price credited to the card for future purchases, less the $25 cost of the membership
    card.
    -- Evil Patrick

Some of my Music

My Videos

The trail...shall set you free.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the tips on tire availability. I'm just about ready for a new rear tire.

Members who have read this thread: 0