mtbr member

Performance Bike chapter 11

I guess they filed last month but I just found out today. If you have any member points you can only use them online now and should probably do so pretty fast. I know a lot of people don't like them but for me they had their use...

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    Video killed the radio star

mtbr member
    What killed video?

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    Point is. Another brick and motar falls victim to the Internet

I use to like Performance. Well actually Supergo before Performance bought them. But that was way back when. Performance turned into walmart. Havenít been in one for years. In the end I would just to in for nutrition products before a big trip.

mtbr member
    Video killed video...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Five0 View Post
    Point is. Another brick and motar falls victim to the Internet

I use to like Performance. Well actually Supergo before Performance bought them. But that was way back when. Performance turned into walmart. Havenít been in one for years. In the end I would just to in for nutrition products before a big trip.
    Yeah, I think Performance killed Performance. They were never a decent bike store IMO and succeeded in buying up and then killing one of the best in Supergo. I will say that at least in the 90's, Supergo was by far the best shop that I knew of in SoCal. I used to go in there and salivate over the bikes, mostly Klein frames, that I could never afford.

The Performance in my city (Oceanside) never had a bike part I needed in stock and I mean never literally. I used to go there for nutrition related items and that's it. Such a poorly stocked, poorly run and poorly managed shop. It won't be missed.
    2019 Yeti SB5C
    2018 Intense Tracer
    2017 Intense Primer

Ride lots...
    Quote Originally Posted by k2rider1964 View Post
    Yeah, I think Performance killed Performance. They were never a decent bike store IMO and succeeded in buying up and then killing one of the best in Supergo. I will say that at least in the 90's, Supergo was by far the best shop that I knew of in SoCal. I used to go in there and salivate over the bikes, mostly Klein frames, that I could never afford.

The Performance in my city (Oceanside) never had a bike part I needed in stock and I mean never literally. I used to go there for nutrition related items and that's it. Such a poorly stocked, poorly run and poorly managed shop. It won't be missed.
    That Performance in O'side went downhill fast. For awhile they carried Specialized and a few other decent brands and you could find great deals at times. I got an Intense Tracer frame there about 12 years ago for $400. I got a Manitou Dorado fork there for $90 that I immediately flipped on ebay for $250.

Then something happened and the place turned into a glorified Walmart.
    I hope you have a big trunk... 'cuz I'm puttin' my bike in it.