Pemberton GPX file- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2008

Pemberton GPX file

Does anyone have a .gpx or .kmz file of Pemberton as a whole? Rode some of it with a new rider this evening and want to over lay what we did verse the whole trail.

It was my first time riding it and while easy it gets pretty fun once the sun goes down!

Thanks!

Mike

mtbr member
    you should be able to find it at motionbased

mtbr member
    May 2008
    thanks! I always forget all that stuff is public.

Mike

mtbr member

Pemberton GPX file

I have GPX files for Pemberton, Scenic, Bluff, Dixie Mine, Bell Pass, Windgate and others in the area. I do not have them stored on a website and do not know how to attach them in this forum. PM me if you would like me to email them to you.

Also, be advised that the county parks, including all of the trails at McDowell Mtn Park, close at sunset. There is a hefty fine if you are caught out there after dark. There are park hosts that stay at MMP 24/7 and the Sherrif is out there on a regular basis, they fuel there vehicles at the MMP maintenance yard near the campground.

The is a park sponsored night ride out there this Saturday night 7:30 to 9:30 pm

mtbr member
    May 2008
    How can they close at sunset when as you drive in the sign says that area closes at 9pm on weekdays and 10pm on weekends?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikelite80
    How can they close at sunset when as you drive in the sign says that area closes at 9pm on weekdays and 10pm on weekends?
    In my previous post I mistated that the park closes at susnset, that is incorrect. The park hours are as you stated. The trails close at susnset. Check the signs at the trailheads. I only offer this as my understanding of the park rules. I do not know how strictly they enforce them or what they do if the see someone on one of the trails after sunset. Obviously there are circumstances where someone would still be on a trail after susnset due to a mechanical issue, crash or whatever.

I checked the parks website and could not find the hours for trails use. I will be out there today or tomorrow and will check the signs again.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    So where can we ride that is close during the winter and is "open" late. Even if I get out of work by 5pm I can't get anywhere and ride before the sun has set, well atleast not get more then a 30min ride.

mtbr member
    So where can we ride that is close during the winter and is "open" late. Even if I get out of work by 5pm I can't get anywhere and ride before the sun has set, well atleast not get more then a 30min ride.
    What part of town? There are trails in the Sonoroan preserve on the other side of the McDowell Mtns, I don't recall seeing any signs limiting the use of the trails there to daylight hours. There is also Pima and Dynamite, State land north of Tatum and Cave Creek, Phx Mtn Preserve, SoMo, Papago, Hawes. The Maricopa County parks are the only ones that I know of that have daylight only restrictions, but there may be others.

I do night rides in the Phx Mtn preserve quite often and always see other riders out there. There are group rides there almost every night of the week.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I work and live right by Papago and ride there several times a week normally. The other day I checked and the big sign by the entrance said park hours are Sunrise to Sunset. Sounds like I'll need go north for the winter to keep busy during the week.

Just another half mile...
    Only the trails in Maricopa County Parks are closed after Sunset and I hear they do enforce the closure hours. In the city parks, the trail closure signs vary from trail head to trailhead and are not consistant. I have been night riding for aver 15 years in the city parks mostly in the Phx Mtn Preserves (aka T100) and SoMo, and I have never been stopped by the park rangers for riding after sunset. The rangers know we ride out there at night and I have even talked to them several times over the years during post ride cool downs in the parking lot. So don't worry about riding Papago after sunset and get out and ride!.

I work and live right by Papago and ride there several times a week normally. The other day I checked and the big sign by the entrance said park hours are Sunrise to Sunset. Sounds like I'll need go north for the winter to keep busy during the week.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    That is good to know! I'd go crazy without my little daily rides.

Members who have read this thread: 0