Payson area trails?- Mtbr.com
    I always lie…

Payson area trails?

I'm headed up to Payson with someone who is new to mountain biking. Are there any trails that will bore me to death (easy) out that way? Preferably on top of the rim near FR300.
    Thanks
    “If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit.” –Mitch Hedberg

mtbr member

oh yea

theres some aton of nice trails up there...Especially on Road 300 on the way to Woods Canyon Lake..... theres the rim trail that is mostly an asphalt trail along the rim but joins up withthe military sinkhole trail thatwill take you down to the head of the 260 highline trail. Better to start at the 260 trail head and thengo up the military sinkhole and along the rim..and back down. but the choice is yours. Higline 260 east is full of logs.. but still a fun ride.

heres a map! http://singletrack.us/gallery/displa...lbum=115&pos=1

Newbie rider
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by lostlighting
    I'm headed up to Payson with someone who is new to mountain biking. Are there any trails that will bore me to death (easy) out that way? Preferably on top of the rim near FR300.
    Thanks
    You guys interested in going to Prescott instead? I'm a beginner as well and me and Dave (liteandfast) are doing a ride this Saturday in Prescott - Spruce Mt. It would be great to have another newb on the trail. Leaving Chandler at 6am.

I always lie…
    Thanks for the invite but we went today. Found a good trail for the both of us. It is a short loop around Woods Canyon Lake. Just enough technical riding to keep me happy and enough flat and smooth to keep the woman happy.Have fun in Prescott.
    “If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit.” –Mitch Hedberg

Members who have read this thread: 0