Paying it forward- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Paying it forward

We took somewhat of a beginner out for a ride around Javelina this morning, she was doing great until she flatted,(a torn stem), without a spare tube. Between the three of us we had a 29er tube and a DH schrader tube. Of course she was riding an old Titus Motolite with presta only wheels.
    The two of us decided to ride out and bring a truck around to the 46th street lot. But before we made it too far we passed a nice young man riding a spanking new Firebird. (on it's maiden voyage no less). He said he had a spare tube and would give it to our friend. So we turned around and in less than a 1/4 mile he hits a square edge and flats. He was gracious enough to give us is punctured tube, and after a couple of patches over the snake bites we were back rolling.

Long story short, it always pays to PAY IT FORWARD. As it might be you out on the trail with no spare tube pushing back to the trail head.

Thanks again to the very nice young man rolling on that fine specimen of local hardware.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    I always carry two tubes for this exact reason. Love helping others out of a jam.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I am getting to really like that javelina run that you have put together, that thing really kills me quick and its alot of fun.

I gotta give credit to a newbi hitting that ride , ....I still can not quite remember exactly how it all goes but its alot of really good climbing .

Is she a young girl or a worn out old model like myself ?

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Great to know there are helpful bikers out there.