DFL>DNF>DNS

New question here. Parking at Emery Henderson TH

I am planning on heading up to EH on Friday morning, what time does the gate open? Or is it always open? What about closure, does it shut at sunset? Is there still a camp host there who could potentially let me out if I happen to return after sunset. (Like that ever happens) Anyway, just looking for the entry/exit beta on this trailhead.
    My Two Schillingsworth

Ultra Endurance Posters & More: Posters/T-shirts & Stuff

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    It's been open 24/7 the last couple of months or so since their hasn't been a caretaker there.

DFL>DNF>DNS
    Perfect. Thanks. Maybe I'll shoot for a 7a arrival then, beat most of the traffic through town & hopefully finish up at a semi-reasonable time.
    My Two Schillingsworth

mtbr member
    Even with a caretaker I have never seen the gate closed ever. However I have heard of nasty notes put on cars left overnight. But if there is no caretaker I doubt that will happen. 7am should be fine.
    Joe
    '18 Specialized Epic 29", Vassago Verhauen SS 29", '13 Santa Cruz Solo 27.5", XC, AM, blah blah blah.. I just ride.

Ahhh the pain....
    John,
    When I've started BP trips from there, the caretaker told me that I could not park in the paved lot overnight or my car would be ticketed. I know there wasn't a caretaker there about a month ago so not sure if the gates actually even get closed now or not. I think from sunrise to sunset you should be fine.
    Take trail tools with you...some sections south of TM rd need a good baby head raking.

mtbr member
    Ray you are not talking about trail sanitizing are you!
    Joe
    '18 Specialized Epic 29", Vassago Verhauen SS 29", '13 Santa Cruz Solo 27.5", XC, AM, blah blah blah.. I just ride.

mtbr member
    I did EH to TM ONB last weekend and the trail was the normal chunk. No caretaker.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    a buddy and I will be bikepacking BCT this monday and tuesday starting at EH. Wednesday we meet another buddy at Hwy 69 in Mayer and we'll ride BCT back to EH. So I contacted BLM and they confirmed no caretaker, gate is always open, and I got a permit for parking overnight at EH good for 7 days. BLM was very helpful. They also confirmed that BLM is the EH operator since they did not renew the contract with the County.

DFL>DNF>DNS
    Quote Originally Posted by PL Scott View Post
    a buddy and I will be bikepacking BCT this monday and tuesday starting at EH. Wednesday we meet another buddy at Hwy 69 in Mayer and we'll ride BCT back to EH. So I contacted BLM and they confirmed no caretaker, gate is always open, and I got a permit for parking overnight at EH good for 7 days. BLM was very helpful. They also confirmed that BLM is the EH operator since they did not renew the contract with the County.
    Great info PL, thanks.

I started much later than I originally planned for my ride today, but I rolled back to EH just before 6p without the need for lights so I was happy about that. Obviously, no issues leaving after dark. What a great day to be out for a ride!
    My Two Schillingsworth