How much further ???

Park and Rides as staging areas?

Anyone use the metro park and ride service? I spent some time looking through their website and cant find any info on using the park and ride lots if you aren't using the metro service.

I ask because the park and ride location off of Power and the 202 is looking to be a prime staging location for riding Hawes. Covered parking (via the 202) and single track takes you right up to Thomas. Seems way better than behind Walgreens. Security camera right there too.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did." Mark Twain

SamuraiBunnyGuy
    dude you can park in front of my house as long as you're not bringing several cars in a group.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I have been parking behind Walgreens without any issues for years. Has something changed, has Walgreens complained or posted signs? Seems like the security camera would be a plus in case someone decided to beak into your car.

How much further ???
    No nothing wrong with Walgreens. Just liked the idea of covered parking as we are moving into the hotter months. Just posting an alternative for people.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did." Mark Twain

Meatbomb
    I'm pretty sure no one will know or care that you use the lot without using the metro service.

Break it, Fix it, Ride it
    If anyone asks, just say you're bikepooling. Sounds legit.
    Today's the day I eat bikes.

mtbr member
    Hey Doug! I have used that very lot a few times with no issue whatsoever. My taxes funded that lot, so I'm gonna get some value in return. There's plenty of spaces for sure.
    RAM speed: UP, UP, and away....!

livin' the dream......
    I use the SR 51 park & ride for my commute to work. I don't recall seeing any signs stating it was for commuter use only.
    Less f*cks to give every passing day, use them well. - geraldooka

mtbr member
    I park there and ride Hawes a lot, no one has complained yet

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I ride Hawes from P&R all the time. The trail now starts at the north end of the lot.

mtbr member
    I typically park at the Walgreens (it's nice to go in for a cold drink right after a hot ride) but just a word of caution about the Park & Ride under the 202.

The security cameras mean absolute **** when it comes to security. I parked RIGHT NEXT TO THE CAMERA with three other cars one day when I decided to go road biking down Bush and up Usery. I got back to the car just a little over an hour later and they smashed my window and stole everything out of my car and trunk. The police took a report but he said it was probably some meth head and since it was a Sunday, I could wait a few hours for a fingerprint tech to come and print the car. I didn't even bother because I knew the odds of recovering anything was nil.

This is why I continue to park at Walgreens because at least the constant car and people traffic there tends to lower the crime rate. I also park on the side lot in Walgreens and not the back lot since people have been broken into there.
    Shit happens...

Meatbomb
    Sounds like you would be doing exactly what the lot was developed for.. Parking and Riding.