Desert Rat
    Jul 2005

The Palisade Plunge - 32mi, 6K ft, killer trail - ITS MONEY TIME

Cross posting -

The time to start raising money for the Palisade Plunge trail is here. The Environmental Assessment is signed, plans are laid, and construction is planned to begin in Spring 2019. Funding is critical, and match $ are hyper critical right now

DONATE BEFORE July 29 !!

Power the Plunge - COPMOBA

Let's build some trail! COPMOBA

Palisade Plunge- Mtbr.com
    RapidCreekCycles

Palisade, CO - Ride the Rim Trail!
    Niner
    Ibis
    COPMOBA

mtbr member
    Donation made. Thanks for the head's up and advocacy work. That is going to be one cool trail when it's done.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I can't wait! This sounds so cool. It's really going to be a huge draw to get people into that area for rides. Vacationing mountain bikers aren't going to be able to just go to Moab any longer. This is going to be a must ride for any serious rider.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona View Post
    I can't wait! This sounds so cool. It's really going to be a huge draw to get people into that area for rides. Vacationing mountain bikers aren't going to be able to just go to Moab any longer. This is going to be a must ride for any serious rider.
    I hope I live long enough to ride it?

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    SB2:
    Maybe you can help with the build; if Gold Canyon will release you.
    Cheers.
    TS

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Transition Senior View Post
    SB2:
    Maybe you can help with the build; if Gold Canyon will release you.
    Cheers.
    TS
    Thanks TS I appreciate the emancipation offer. It seems like this project is going to be built by paid crews that are at a much higher skill level than a couple volunteers.

Itís not like your GC crew where you go out a bust out a 1/2 mile of new trail each day. This project is going to take a lot of planning (kinda like Jodiís or K) and your crew just doesnít have that kind of expertise.

Logistics wise the work crews will be walking in their tools three, four, five, six
    miles each day to get to the work site. Your crew would just ride their bikes on the new trail tread to the construction site where they would grab their stashed tools.

Maybe you could bid on the trail signage for the completed trail. The signs at GC are World Class. What a Country!

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    SB2:
    I hesitate to refer to yer shorts; but suggest that you're selling them 'short'; you are known to be so modest! You have all the skills to build that trail---cost-effectively too.

Lets hope we both can ride it, together! I'm going to make a contribution anyway.
    Cheers.
    TS

Desert Rat
    Jul 2005
    You guys are great, thanks for contributing.

I'm an Az native, grew up in Casa Grande, school and the beginning of my formal MTB life in the Tucsons in early mid 80's, and for the better part of a decade there. Before that it was knocking around the desert on my old Schwinn, in one form or another.

It's good to build trail and ride. Come see us on a build weekend on the Plunge, we'll treat you to a beer and some good riding.

Scott
    RapidCreekCycles

Palisade, CO - Ride the Rim Trail!
    Niner
    Ibis
    COPMOBA

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Winans View Post

I'm an Az native, grew up in Casa Grande, school and the beginning of my formal MTB life in the Tucsons in early mid 80's, and for the better part of a decade there. Before that it was knocking around the desert on my old Schwinn, in one form or another.

It's good to build trail and ride. Come see us on a build weekend on the Plunge, we'll treat you to a beer and some good riding.

Scott
    Scott please provide a link of video footage of the Plunge being built and hopefully being ridden by the trail builders.,

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Winans View Post

Scott
    Scott please provide a link of video footage of the Plunge being built and hopefully being ridden by the trail builders.

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    hey SB@; you plannin on doin some super buildin in GC this winter?
    I'm ready to b yer gofer.
    U da MAN!
    TS

IPA tester
    Make GCGA. What a country
    "We'll ride it until they pave it."

-Urban Yeti
    Dirttreaders.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    Hell; here in BC we're just trying to duck the tweets on a daily basis!
    Seems that Trudeau is the new bum boy for the D.
    Cheers, and YES, it IS quite a country. Enjoy it while you can.
    And ride on.
    TS

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    TS it is amazing what you and a couple of other volunteers have created at GC. It would be interesting to do a documentary on the whole group of volunteer builders and read how you planned and built all those nice well thought out trails.

For example how did you come up with the Outer Limits concept or the improvements on Quarts Ridge? Thanks again for MGCGA

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    PASSION is everything; you said that to me years ago.
    Like you, and so many other renegades, we believe that leaving good, sustainable trails for the future generations is just payback for the great trails that we ride now; built by forgotten names in forgotten times.
    What a country. Be passionate!
    And lets hope President Trump vetoes the Canadian takeover of the US pipeline that will squash the Kinder Morgan/Cdn gov't deal. Canada does not want to be great; ever!
    Cheers.
    TS