Paging il2mb....24hr of Moab report needed...- Mtbr.com
    EDR

Paging il2mb....24hr of Moab report needed...

So Bob. How was the event. Did you kick ass? Did your team finish in the top 100? Did you pass on a second lap to drink beer instead? Did you take your roadie friends up Amasa Back?

Report please....any other locals out there, post up.

Jamie
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Paging il2mb....24hr of Moab report needed...-pict0008.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Joined up with a bunch of guys from Chicago over the weekend for the 24 hours of Moab. First time to Moab for all and first mountain bike race. For some in the group this race was going to also be their first night ride.

Setup camp on Friday and after some chow we all decided to pre-ride the course. The gang from Chicago had just finished a 26 hr straight car trip so maybe this wasn't the best of ideas but we were all pumped to get on dirt.

The course is 15 mile with something like 1300' of climbing. Typical weekend ride out with the gang, right? Well throw in some long streches of rocky, technical climbing, steep sandy hike-a-bike hills, and monster drops and those 15 miles can be punishing. Not to mention the altitude (5200') and sub 30 degree temperature.

But what a blast! We certainly could've planned better. I think we put the most thought into what beer to bring. Everyone had a great time and loved the experience. The event was great and got to hand it to the organizers who did a fantastic job. We will certainly be back for another shot next year.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Paging il2mb....24hr of Moab report needed...-img_3568.jpg  

Paging il2mb....24hr of Moab report needed...-img_3559.jpg  

Paging il2mb....24hr of Moab report needed...-img_3563.jpg  

Paging il2mb....24hr of Moab report needed...-img_3554.jpg  

Paging il2mb....24hr of Moab report needed...-img_3561.jpg  

EDR
    Sounds like a good time. Glad you made it out there. Love that 3rd pic, very dramatic.

I rode up Natty today, just about killed me. It was 98 degrees or so when I finished at noon but the late start pretty much left me alone on the mountain. I'm so freak'n out of shape. Thinking of riding Pass or Hawes or up Mormon to the saddle Saturday. Let me know if you are interested.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Gonna have to pass on a Saturday ride. Legs need some recovery time. Rode Flagstaff on the way home from Moab. Thought I was strong enough for a ride this morning but the week caught up with me. Wussied out on Hawes. Coudn't even make it up mudflps. Had to cut the ride short - the legs were so weak. See ya next week.

EDR
    That's cool. Looks like I have a 11am date with Phineas and Ferb anyhow.
    Can't I ever win anything really cool?