Overlook & Onceler with Rockman- Mtbr.com
    slower than you

Overlook & Onceler with Rockman

A montage of a great ride. Overlook and AZ-Onceler. Grass to the handlebars. With Rockman, natch.
    Music: Rocks & Daggers -- Noah and the Whale
    Enjoy

"May your trails be winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view." - Ed Abbey
    http://rockychrysler.com/

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rockychrysler View Post
    A montage of a great ride. Overlook and AZ-Onceler. Grass to the handlebars. With Rockman, natch.
    Enjoy
    rc:

Nice video. I loved that tall log roll. It is fun taking a large fallen tree like the one in the video and make a user friendly mountain bike feature out of it. I think the camera needs to be tilted up slightly..

TD
    Last edited by traildoc; 08-28-2011 at 09:21 AM.

wawe member
    Quote Originally Posted by traildoc View Post
    rc:

Nice video. I loved that tall log roll. It is fun taking a large fallen tree like the one in the video and make a user friendly mountain bike feature out of it. I think the camera needs to be tilted up slightly.

TD
    Seek out the help of a mental health professional, please.

slower than you
    rc:

Nice video. I loved that tall log roll. It is fun taking a large fallen tree like the one in the video and make a user friendly mountain bike feature out of it. I think the camera needs to be tilted up slightly.

TD
    i didn't click-thru on your derail, traildoc. and i'm not sure why you decided to include your issues in my post.

i don't post often. and i don't know you personally. but i've been around long enough, and a whole lot longer than you, so I know: the best and right thing to do would be for you to remove it using the 'edit' button at the bottom of your post and let me have my moment.

anything less would be lame.

thanks.
    "May your trails be winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view." - Ed Abbey

mtbr member
    I thought I posted up and "awesome" or something for your video, but maybe I didn't? I am now and did remark that I haven't hit any of that trail before. Hmmmm, I do have to drive to Idaho on Tuesday, and could take the Flag route instead of Vegoose....
    Vassago Cycles, Shadetree Bikes, Flat Tire Bikes, Galfer Brakes USA

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Enjoy

Swell video Rocky, Goodonya. The 3 of us are due for another ride together, let's make it happen before Sedona season, above 7000k. The mystery of my gone missing "partytime" tablecloth has been solved.Rockman pinched it and fashioned up a sweet riding shirt.2 Wheels Good.

My other ride is your mom
    Great tune....goes well with the curvy trail action....I love the late summer grasses.

slower than you
    Quote Originally Posted by elrancho66 View Post
    Swell video Rocky, Goodonya. The 3 of us are due for another ride together, let's make it happen before Sedona season, above 7000k. The mystery of my gone missing "partytime" tablecloth has been solved.Rockman pinched it and fashioned up a sweet riding shirt.2 Wheels Good.
    Glad you found your tablecloth. I had guessed rockman made that shirt out of an old semaphore flag left over from his days in the merchant marine.

And ur right. We are long past due for a ride together. Stop going so early.

banned
    i didn't click-thru on your derail, traildoc. and i'm not sure why you decided to include your issues in my post.

i don't post often. and i don't know you personally. but i've been around long enough, and a whole lot longer than you, so I know: the best and right thing to do would be for you to remove it using the 'edit' button at the bottom of your post and let me have my moment.

thanks.
    Done as requested

dirt visionary
    Cool video ! RC

TD your are a piece of work!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by clockwork View Post
    Cool video ! RC

TD your are a piece of work!
    cw:

Please explain, I did as requested. I am sure you didn't look at the video.

TD

mtbr member
    Glad you found your tablecloth. I had guessed rockman made that shirt out of an old semaphore flag left over from his days in the merchant marine.

And ur right. We are long past due for a ride together. Stop going so early.
    Come on, that sweatshop-free organically grown European hemp shirt cost a lot of coin. Nice vid, Rocky!

The .05 percent
    rc:

Nice video. I loved that tall log roll. It is fun taking a large fallen tree like the one in the video and make a user friendly mountain bike feature out of it. I think the camera needs to be tilted up slightly..

TD
    Log rolls are an excelent example of lazy trailbuilding. That is why a lot of trails up here become lame. Get out on a hike W/ a cahin saw. Just my .02
    Make Flagstaff RAD Again.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sinatorj View Post
    Log rolls are an excelent example of lazy trailbuilding. That is why a lot of trails up here become lame. Get out on a hike W/ a cahin saw. Just my .02
    Your sarcasm is well noted.

TD

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cstem View Post
    I thought I posted up and "awesome" or something for your video, but maybe I didn't? I am now and did remark that I haven't hit any of that trail before. Hmmmm, I do have to drive to Idaho on Tuesday, and could take the Flag route instead of Vegoose....
    Overlook is a good option to have when there's 100 cars parked at the bottom of Schultz. I think we saw 3 riders total on a 3 hour ride.

The .05 percent
    Your sarcasm is well noted.

TD
    Comon now, I have seen your hand Chain saw in action. Gotta admit it works well.
    Make Flagstaff RAD Again.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sinatorj View Post
    Comon now, I have seen your hand Chain saw in action. Gotta admit it works well.
    sin:

W/o you and I posting this thread is going to come to an end SOON.

TD

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Overlook........nice! I forgot about that trail, haven't been on it for around 6 or so years.

bland
    Nice work RC. That video quality pretty good for the $20 you spent on the camera.

shred my gnar
    Quote Originally Posted by rockman View Post
    Overlook is a good option to have when there's 100 cars parked at the bottom of Schultz. I think we saw 3 riders total on a 3 hour ride.
    hows it looking this year... has it seen any help? only rode it a couple times last year and basically wrote it off and havent ridden it this year. used to love going up there as it maxes out the vert you can get on that side of the pass but the trail was getting pretty bad in places.

btw- i dont pretend to have the time to do much significant trail work... im happy if i get to ride once a week. not *****ing... just curious.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by happy_ending View Post
    hows it looking this year... has it seen any help? only rode it a couple times last year and basically wrote it off and havent ridden it this year. used to love going up there as it maxes out the vert you can get on that side of the pass but the trail was getting pretty bad in places.

btw- i dont pretend to have the time to do much significant trail work... im happy if i get to ride once a week. not *****ing... just curious.
    It's in good shape although some of the fall line sections have continued to eroded leading to braiding. Still a really fun techy dodgefest. You have to be on your game to carry much speed.

slower than you

it sees minimal use anymore, i think. to the point that it almost disappears as it crosses the large meadow. otherwise, rockman's right. a dodgefest. pinball. lotsa fun! well worth the few minutes of dirt road climbing from newham.

shred my gnar
    right on... sounds like it is likely in the same condition it has been for a couple years now. back in my hardtail days i used to do the direct shot up old weatherford road from pipeline, all they way up rather than climbing newham/secret. that was always painful.

ill have to do my annual ride up there just to "check" it... will take newham, though... lol. love that viewpoint at the top.

mtbr member
    right on... sounds like it is likely in the same condition it has been for a couple years now. back in my hardtail days i used to do the direct shot up old weatherford road from pipeline, all they way up rather than climbing newham/secret. that was always painful.

ill have to do my annual ride up there just to "check" it... will take newham, though... lol. love that viewpoint at the top.
    If you haven't been over that way in awhile the last bit of the Secret reroute (Double Agent) makes for a sweet climb to get to Newham or the top of Supermoto. It starts opposite of Rocky Moto and you can take the Fig Trail over it from the top of Moto. Skips the pipeline.

I can't quite say I miss climbing up Old Weatherford but it certainly was a test.

slower than you
    I can't quite say I miss climbing up Old Weatherford but it certainly was a test.
    i think it's neat that you can see old weatherford road from a couple spots as you're climbing upper dogfood. i don't miss it either.

btw: i think upper dogfood's a great trail, right where we needed it. all-hail mystery-moto trailbuilders!

banned

Here comes the cavalry

thanks.

Here comes the cavalry, TD.

I don't have any idea what TD said to get your panties so bunched up, nor do I care. Both you and Rockman have jumped into "my" threads and taken every cheap shot you can, just to get a little attention and cred. TD has total immunity in my eyes. He has earned it. You have not.

In hope of causing Rockman's head to explode, I'll say it yet again, slightly butchering Jack Nicholson's famous lines;

Son, we live in a world that has trails, and those trails have to be built and maintained by men with tools. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Rockman? We have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for the way your trails use to be, and you curse me and TD. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what we know. That Rocky Ridge's death, while tragic, probably saved bikers lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves trails. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want us on that trail, you need us on that trail. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent building and maintaining mountain biking trails. You use them as a punchline. We have neither the time nor the inclination to explain ourselves to a man who rides on the trails we build, restore, and maintain, with hundreds of hours of back-breaking work, and then questions the manner in which we provide it. We would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, We suggest you pick up a pick mattock, and get your lazy ass to work. Either way, We don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

slower than you
    Quote Originally Posted by The Prodigal Son View Post
    Dan, you need to get one of these for your keyboard The Determinator® Ignition Interlock System and learn to use it, especially after 9PM.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Overlook & Onceler with Rockman-ignition_interlock_background_image.jpg  

banned

I don't have any idea what TD said to get your panties so bunched up, nor do I care. Both you and Rockman have jumped into "my" threads and taken every cheap shot you can, just to get a little attention and cred. TD has total immunity in my eyes. He has earned it. You have not.

In hope of causing Rockman's head to explode, I'll say it yet again, slightly butchering Jack Nicholson's famous lines;

Son, we live in a world that has trails, and those trails have to be built and maintained by men with tools. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Rockman? We have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for the way your trails use to be, and you curse me and TD. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what we know. That Rocky Ridge's death, while tragic, probably saved bikers lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves trails. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want us on that trail, you need us on that trail. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent building and maintaining mountain biking trails. You use them as a punchline. We have neither the time nor the inclination to explain ourselves to a man who rides on the trails we build, restore, and maintain, with hundreds of hours of back-breaking work, and then questions the manner in which we provide it. We would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, We suggest you pick up a pick mattock, and get your lazy ass to work. Either way, We don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.
    WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank God for FREE SPEECH

parenting for gnarness
    thanks for the vid, i haven't hit that one in a year or 2. *heart* Funny you guys don't ride it much, when i first learned of it I hit it->Secret->Supermoto every Flag trip for a couple years. love the variety of challenges on that trail. When i figured out how to get there without Weatherford it was a serious major highlight of the year.
    YES to Scottsdale Prop 420
    Our Preserve, Our Taxes, Our Vote

mtbr member

Dear Trail Sociopath, thank you for your constructive and insightful posts. You indeed make mtbr a better place

bland

Quit hiding your insecurities with anger, its annoying. Somebody call this guy a whaaambulance
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Overlook & Onceler with Rockman-pfsc-internet-black-big.gif  

banned

TPS:

If this helps any I use rockman a lot to get Sedona intel. HE has admitted to me that he himself is in professional counceling for not helping out much with the HARD WORK aspect of trail improvements. I believe with your input and the professional counceling he is getting he will be ready to work on that new trail idea CP came up with.

TD

banned
    TPS:

If this helps any I use rockman a lot to get Sedona intel. HE has admitted to me that he himself is in professional counceling for not helping out much with the HARD WORK aspect of trail improvements. I believe with your input and the professional counceling he is getting he will be ready to work on that new trail idea CP came up with.

TD

Next fall, approximately half of the people who use MTBR will vote. Approximately half of that group will vote for President Obama. Since there is no logical reason for doing so, I figure they actually like sanctimonious idealogues. So they should embrace the both of us, right?

TD / TPS in 2012. Even more hope and change.

banned
    Next fall, approximately half of the people who use MTBR will vote. Approximately half of that group will vote for President Obama. Since there is no logical reason for doing so, I figure they actually like sanctimonious idealogues. So they should embrace the both of us, right?

TD / TPS in 2012. Even more hope and change.
    TPS:

I was worried that you had lost your since of humor, obviously I was wrong. Just think how much ammunition the TD & TBS haters would have from our previous MTBR posts to trash us.

TD

slower than you
    they actually like sanctimonious idealogues. So they should embrace the both of us, right?.
    uncommonly succinct. and perhaps, at-once, both the funniest and truest words you've ever written here. it's just too bad you didn't write them in Comic Sans... then they would have been perfect!

mtbr member
    TPS:

TD
    When I'm retired and my kids are grown up and have flown the coop I will strive to ascend to your's and TPS's level of dedication. Until then I'll try and do my part and show up for the occasional trail day and clean out drains and such when the opportunity presents itself. Otherwise, I'll continue to support our local advocacy efforts.

Keep on trolling and rolling. Happy trails.
    Last edited by rockman; 09-01-2011 at 10:36 AM.

banned
    [QUOTE=rockman;8404222]When I'm retired and my kids are grown up and have flown the coop I will strive to ascend to your's and TPS's level of dedication. Until then I'll try and do my part and show up for the occasional trail day and clean out drains and such on my when when the opportunity presents itself. Otherwise, I'll continue to support our local advocacy efforts.

Keep on trolling and rolling. Happy trails.[/QUOTE

Rock:

If I live long enough to see you retire I will look forward to working with you on the occasional maintenance of the backside of Highline, hopefully it will be adopted by then. While we are working you can teach me about all the different geology going on around there.

TD

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=traildoc;8404313]
    When I'm retired and my kids are grown up and have flown the coop I will strive to ascend to your's and TPS's level of dedication. Until then I'll try and do my part and show up for the occasional trail day and clean out drains and such on my when when the opportunity presents itself. Otherwise, I'll continue to support our local advocacy efforts.

Keep on trolling and rolling. Happy trails.[/QUOTE

Rock:

If I live long enough to see you retire I will look forward to working with you on the occasional maintenance of the backside of Highline, hopefully it will be adopted by then. While we are working you can teach me about all the different geology going on around there.

TD
    I'd love to add some love to one of my favorite Sedona techy descents. The last time I volunteered to help you traded me out for the HO cribbing expert.

banned
    [QUOTE=rockman;8404627]

I'd love to add some love to one of my favorite Sedona techy descents. The last time I volunteered to help you traded me out for the HO cribbing expert.
    R:

I wanted to point out to TPS that you actually were going to help me do some improvements on Bell Rock Pathway, but I was able to get the point person on Hangover and Hog Heaven to help me so you were replaced by someone with a little more experience. I didn't want to expose your darkside w/o you coming out of the closet on your own.

TD