Overdoing it, I did.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Overdoing it, I did.

Friday night Pierceme and I hooked up at DC around 3'ish. First off, I appreciate the fact that he let me lead, he could have easily taken off and set a faster pace than I, but he stuck behind me at my snail like pace. Anyway, in 1hr 40min, we did nearly 12 miles, mostly new terrain towards the Baseline portion of DC. I was feeling great and riding fairly well, only had to push a few times, but once I hit that 9 mile point, my body was slowly telling me, "You have pushed it to the limit, take it easy". Aaron (pierceme) gave me an energy "goo" and it did help, but we were nearing alot of uphill grades and even though I made the majority of them, I was hurting. We made it back to our cars, shot the breeze for awhile and then we headed home. I am going to stick to 8 or 9 mile rides for awhile and work my way up from there.

This morning, I woke up with a headache and I was sore, but not as sore as I thought I was going to be. So with all this said, I am taking a rest today and I plan on doing some road miles on Sunday and then hitting DC again later on in the week. I did experience my first trail flat, thanks again to Aaron for giving me a tube as all I had was patches. Hey Aaron, I stopped at the bike shop on the way home, got a few tubes, some of that GU and that recovery drink. Thanks again for the ride, the advice and not smoking me!

Tank

mtbr member
    congrats!

Ride 'Til Your Knees Hurt
    Good for you! On the Gu, I usually carry 3-4 on a ride and put one down every 30 minutes or so...

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Hey man, no problem. Hope your head is pounding a little less today. Would not of guessed you were that drained as you continued to hammer away on all the climbs till the end.

We'll definitely have to do that again and keep better track on how to get back.

Members who have read this thread: 0