mtbr member
    Aug 2005

Out of towner looking for Tucson ride Mon thru Weds

Coming from Connecticut to visit inlaws in Tucson (off Speedway right near Saguaro Nat'l Park) for the week, and am wide open for riding Mon - Weds. Looking for:
    - folks to ride with - group ride preferred I suppose. Wife won't let me ride alone.
    - recommendations on where/how to get a bike for a day maybe two.

Any type of riding is great, here in CT it's me and my 09 Enduro vs the rocky/rooty terrain.

Any thoughts?
    Thnx,
    Ben

My other ride is your mom
    Thoughts? Get your wife to let you ride alone......you're on your own after that.....sorry, I call'em as I see'em.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    On your end of town there's some great riding. Fantasy Island, Arizona Trail, Mt. Lemmon.
    West side has Star Pass and Sweetwater.

Check out TucsonMTB.com, forum specific to Tucson.

What kind of riding are you looking for and skill level?

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Thnx for suggested locations, but I'm really hoping for someone or a group to ride with. Otherwise, I'll probably keep it to hiking. I don't want to get lost, pop tires, crash into cacti, and face scorpions, snakes and javalena on my own.

And in truth, my wife said absolutely nothing about riding alone. That was my code for "I'm a married dude, not looking for anything more than a good ride and some company so I don't screw up on some unfamiliar trail" .

As far as skills - been riding about 10 years 2x/week. I don't do anything over 4 feet but everything under, love technical climbs, and can teach a mean AP Calculus.

Thanks again,

Ben

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    When can you ride? I work nights and as long as I'm home by1230, I can ride in the mornings. If you like the techy stuff, then FI is probably out for you, however it is one-way and as long as you stay right it's pretty hard to get lost, about 23mi of trail if you do all the loops. If you can get in tuesday night ride, there's a techy ride on the NW side of town. The standard loop at Starr Pass is fun, for a little more tech, there's Robles close by. If you can get out in the mornings then I'd be more than happy to ride w/ you at least one day.

Members who have read this thread: 0