out of towner looking to meet up with riders in sedona (and flagstaff)- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

New question here. out of towner looking to meet up with riders in sedona (and flagstaff)

for intermediate level trail riding.
    i'm in sedona for another week. i can go pretty much any day, any time. depending on weather and such :-)

PS: is there a better way to find local riders ? is there an app like trailforks but to schedule and meet up with riders? :-)

thank you.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by dieter_be View Post
    for intermediate level trail riding.
    i'm in sedona for another week. i can go pretty much any day, any time. depending on weather and such :-)

PS: is there a better way to find local riders ? is there an app like trailforks but to schedule and meet up with riders? :-)

thank you.
    Dieter what time would you like to ride tomorrow? I should be available at 11:00 am to 7:00 pm. The ride will be in the Dry Creek area.

Have you tried the Mtbguru app? Trailforks is the best resource for planning Sedona rides on the most popular system and user created trails that are in the process of being adopted by the USFS and are not currently signed. The Trailforks smartphone app is used to orient yourself when you are not sure where you at at on a certain trail.

mtbr member
    Thanks . do you mean jagz MTB by guru media ? Will try ! Where exactly is dry Creek ? Could not find it online. What do you think of the weather for tomorrow ?

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Weather is going to be excellent. The Dry Creek area is in West Sedona. It has trails like Chuck Wagon and Mescal.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails out of towner looking to meet up with riders in sedona (and flagstaff)-9922b11e-617d-469f-954a-f1ebea8b867d.jpg  

mtbr member
    Id be willing to meetup the rest of the week around Flagstaff if youre interested. We got a ton of rain yesterday and every other day besides today looks like rain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    If you are still around next weekend there will be a large group ride leaving from the bottom of Schultz Creek trail in Flagstaff on Saturday morning at 9am. It will be 15-20 miles at a moderate pace. Hopefully the monsoon storms hold off until later in the day, but come prepared for some soggy riding conditions.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    We had a major downpour in Sedona around 2:41 PM yesterday, it will be very interesting as to how it effected the West Sedona trails. I actually witnessed a flash flood in the Carrol Canyon area that could have seriously injured some wimpy individuals caught off guard.

My wife and I will be heading out around 9:00 am to check to see what trail conditions are like. I bet Christmas Wash has had some significant changes.

mtbr member
    Interesting. I went riding broken arrow and submarine rock after the storm passed and had a blast

Thanks for the replies folks, reached out to switchblade2 and Dan in PM.

I'll keep the ride on Saturday in mind, dsrt taco

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Interesting. I went riding broken arrow and submarine rock after the storm passed and had a blast

Dieter most of my PMs are hate orientated so I dont open them. I currently have 15 unopened PMs. Let me know if you would like to ride the rest of the week. I live in West Sedona and riders I meet on MTBR usually meet me to ride at Two Fences and Dry Creek Rd.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016

Dieter I am looking forward to your next trail report. My wife and I went out in the Dry Creek area and rode the really fun trails out there. Trail conditions were excellent. Hope you had a good ride.

mtbr member
    Thanks again for the replies folks. I did a couple awesome rides with Dan man and now I'm completely toast. Cheers !