Other white tank trails- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2013

Other white tank trails

Looking for other recommendations for riding. Other then the competitive loop and similar to the technical section in the white tanks. Thanks in advance.

Rhino
    Mesquite (MQ) > Goat Camp (GC)
    counter clockwise

mtbr member
    Oct 2013

Other white tank trails

Thanks will try it out Monday.

mtbr member
    same here. Im gonna ride those on saturday morning.

mtbr member
    Just an FYI- Goat Camp is technical mayhem. If you don't like pin-balling it off rocks while holding on for dear life, well, let's just say it won't be any fun. On the other hand.... The trail is a humbling right of passage that will make for many great stories.
    AKA: G-wat

mtbr member
    If Goat Camp gets too hairy and you are not enjoying it, just turn it around and do an out and back on Mesquite, or go back and throw in the Ford/Willow Canyon loop. Awesome Trail!

mtbr member
    Is ford canyon better than willow canyon? I was thinking of doing mesquite to ford canyon since it's longer.

Rhino
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrod252 View Post
    Is ford canyon better than willow canyon? I was thinking of doing mesquite to ford canyon since it's longer.
    Ford Canyon is not recommended for bikes. The new park maps don't have this warning, while the old ones did. That being said, I've ridden it, and I highly recommend everyone to try it at least once. It's sandy in some spot as the trail is in a drainage basin some of the trail.

Just keep your eyes out for where the trail leaves the canyon. I made the mistake once of riding down the canyon, and had to throw my bike off a 10' drop (to sand) and take my shoes off and down climb in several spots...because I don't backtrack very often.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by urbanseeds View Post
    Ford Canyon is not recommended for bikes. The new park maps don't have this warning, while the old ones did. .
    Well....it does say this.....Name:  Capture hikers.JPG
Views: 308
Size:  27.3 KB

"Hikers must use caution."

If it's that rough for hikers.....

Pivotal figure
    I tried that trail earlier this year. Never again....Mesquite to GC is the only real option
    Quote Originally Posted by PhxChem View Post
    Well....it does say this.....Name:  Capture hikers.JPG
Views: 308
Size:  27.3 KB

"Hikers must use caution."

If it's that rough for hikers.....
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

mtbr member
    What time are you riding tomorrow (Saturday)? I may be there as well, can suffer together. Yeah that is a climb that makes me miss my granny...
    “Think of bicycles as rideable art that can just about save the world.”
-Grant Petersen

mtbr member
    Oct 2013

Other white tank trails

Got forced to work overtime. Tuesday will be the day I can get out.

mtbr member
    I dont have a set time. Just whenever I can wake up and get over there. We can make a time and meet there if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by tysonnemb View Post
    What time are you riding tomorrow (Saturday)? I may be there as well, can suffer together. Yeah that is a climb that makes me miss my granny...

mtbr member
    I dont have a set time. Just whenever I can wake up and get over there. We can make a time and meet there if you want.
    I may have to ride Sunday instead, as I just found out I'm going to a wedding, and I think it's out of town. Thanks for the offer though.
-Grant Petersen

Ruckus99ss
    I'd join you guys but not trusting this bike rack set up for a decent trip. Full suspension and saris bones = not fun. I have it clamped to top bar on front side and then fed back leg in front of rear wheel and strap is on one side of evo link. Paracorded the other side in. I'm only trusting this for a low speed drive to fins

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tysonnemb View Post
    I may have to ride Sunday instead, as I just found out I'm going to a wedding, and I think it's out of town. Thanks for the offer though.

Since you ride that trail often, what route would you suggest?

No worries ruckus, we will meet up some other time.

mtbr member
    Since you ride that trail often, what route would you suggest?

No worries ruckus, we will meet up some other time.
    I like up Mesquite up to where it meets Goat Camp/willow canyon. Right on willow canyon, and left at the end back down mesquite.
-Grant Petersen

mtbr member
    So how did you like the trails?
-Grant Petersen

mtbr member
    Oct 2013

Other white tank trails

Bike still in shop. Wasn't ready on my day off. Next week looks like it I may get out there.

mtbr member
    I rode it saturday morning and didnt have a good experience. Going up mesquite was fine at first then it turned into rock climbing. A lot of HAB. It didnt seem like a mountain bike trail to me. I think I may have gone up mesquite then turned on willow canyon instead of taking mesquite to goat camp/ford canyon intersection. So I wasnt sure how that happened. I just turned around and went back the same way to avoid getting lost. On the was down I had more fun dropping off the rocks. But it only takes one mistake to make the ride memorable. Well, I made that mistake and went OTB. So now I have the cool look of having scrapes and bruises all over me. I loved the trail I could ride but it was just too much unrideable sections for me to say I would go back. Unless I was in the wrong area. Not sure. Or maybe Im just not advanced enough to make it up the rocks.

mtbr member
    I rode it saturday morning and didnt have a good experience. Going up mesquite was fine at first then it turned into rock climbing. A lot of HAB. It didnt seem like a mountain bike trail to me. I think I may have gone up mesquite then turned on willow canyon instead of taking mesquite to goat camp/ford canyon intersection. So I wasnt sure how that happened. I just turned around and went back the same way to avoid getting lost. On the was down I had more fun dropping off the rocks. But it only takes one mistake to make the ride memorable. Well, I made that mistake and went OTB. So now I have the cool look of having scrapes and bruises all over me. I loved the trail I could ride but it was just too much unrideable sections for me to say I would go back. Unless I was in the wrong area. Not sure. Or maybe Im just not advanced enough to make it up the rocks.
    Yeah it's a challenge, that's for sure. From the large parking lot, the turn for Willow is about 2 miles up, and it's a pretty well marked right turn. The first mile is the hardest, with the real tight switchbacks along the fences. Hopefully the OTB was just cosmetic damages
-Grant Petersen

Don't believe the Hype...
    I just HAB most of the first section of Mesquite. Not worth the all energy right off the bat...
    Made with real bits of Panther, so you know it's good...

www.krackedskulls.com
    use promo code "lucky" for 5% off

PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    I dig the climb to goatcamp. Just sit and spin once you get past the first 2-3miles. I've done the mesquite willow loop, mesquite out and back and mesquite goatcamp. Definitely a great area to explore especially if you live on the westside.
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

mtbr member

Cool-blue Rhythm

Here's my 2 cent's...I ride White tank Regional park from time to time. If you like an XC ride,.... the best part of the Competitive loops is getting there...on a bike!
    Park at Goat Camp trail head...2nd black canyon rd. to the left. Head up Goat Camp (option 1) take a rt at Bajada (option 2) keep going up through some challenging rock gardens and exit Left
    . South tr. Bajada is the more scenic. It will come out at the rd. Cross to the bathroom, now it's all easy...head up over Mule Deer to the Wilderness way horse prking lot to Mesquite, rt at Waddell...at this point there's a couple of options. If you have a map you'll find a way. (Ford canyon is a great side trail, very scenic...few rocky step ups that open into a very cool valley. Ride up to the sign that say's...."Not Recommended for horses or bikes" take a photo by the sign ...BACK TRACK to Iron wood or Ford...when you get to the competitive loops, hit the technical loop for some challenge or not!...explore, have fun! This ride will be 17 to 20 miles out and back... depending on the options. The competitive loop is only 6 miles... If your paying $6 to enter the Park, might as well get your money's worth....
    Last edited by Ram-On; 10-16-2014 at 01:58 PM.

Maui Grown
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog View Post
    I dig the climb to goatcamp. Just sit and spin once you get past the first 2-3miles. I've done the mesquite willow loop, mesquite out and back and mesquite goatcamp. Definitely a great area to explore especially if you live on the westside.
    Hey B, wanna do Goat Camp on Sat? Was thinking of the Dells but not sure I wanna drive up there or not.

PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Quote Originally Posted by Poi Boy View Post
    Hey B, wanna do Goat Camp on Sat? Was thinking of the Dells but not sure I wanna drive up there or not.
    Hey man, just saw this. Sold the 575 and saving up the remaining cash for the new bike but yes let's do this soon!
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!