mtbr member

OT--What do you set your AC at?

First off, this is not a "*****ing about the weather" post. It's a legitimate question. Just had our AC replaced Friday. We obviously needed it replaced, as prior to that, the house was miserably warm throughout most of the day (around 88-89), despite it running non-stop.

So, I'm half excited that I can actually keep the house cooler. Just curious what others normally keep their house at, and in extreme conditions, do you find it difficult to keep the house as cool as you'd like? Despite the new unit, the termostate read 84 even though it was set to 82, so wondering if I have an insulation problem, or just impossible to get the house cool in the late afternoon when it's so hot out.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

Meatbomb
    79* I set it and forget it.

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny-tire
    First off, this is not a "*****ing about the weather" post. It's a legitimate question. Just had our AC replaced Friday. We obviously needed it replaced, as prior to that, the house was miserably warm throughout most of the day (around 88-89), despite it running non-stop.

So, I'm half excited that I can actually keep the house cooler. Just curious what others normally keep their house at, and in extreme conditions, do you find it difficult to keep the house as cool as you'd like? Despite the new unit, the termostate read 84 even though it was set to 82, so wondering if I have an insulation problem, or just impossible to get the house cool in the late afternoon when it's so hot out.
    after your mea culpa, I will retract my snarky comment and save it for another day.

We have ours at about 84, and constantly use ceiling fans. blinds stay shut for about 4 months. Installing some new blinds in our south-facing BR next week, which should help some. Other things we've done is grow landscaping up against certain walls to shade them. My biggest problem is I have an old computer with an old case, and it always heats up in summer causing shutdowns. I've added an extra case fan and it still heats up. The thing is a heatsink. Also, we hand some of our laundry to dry indoors. It actually does a decent job of humidifying part of the house and evap cooling a bit since the laundry room has an AC vent right in it. I also walk around in a G-string i borrowed from your mom.
    YES to Scottsdale Prop 420
    Our Preserve, Our Taxes, Our Vote

I'm with stupid -------->
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by chollaball
    after your mea culpa, I will retract my snarky comment and save it for another day.

We have ours at about 84, and constantly use ceiling fans. blinds stay shut for about 4 months. Installing some new blinds in our south-facing BR next week, which should help some. Other things we've done is grow landscaping up against certain walls to shade them. My biggest problem is I have an old computer with an old case, and it always heats up in summer causing shutdowns. I've added an extra case fan and it still heats up. The thing is a heatsink. Also, we hand some of our laundry to dry indoors. It actually does a decent job of humidifying part of the house and evap cooling a bit since the laundry room has an AC vent right in it. I also walk around in a G-string i borrowed from your mom.
    Wow, that's extreme.

78 at night 80 during the day. Units (2 in the house) run about 25% of the time if I had to guess.

Buy the cheap air filters and change them every 2 weeks. Seems to keep the unit from running more than they need to as they are gasping for air with clogged filters.

My other ride is your mom
    Short story.....I have no problem keeping the house cool as I like.

Long story.....I've got two units...one for master bedroom side of house (split plan, single story) and the other for the living areas and spare bedrooms.

The Master bedroom side cranks at night as I like it cold...so it adjusts down to 75 after 10pm and resets back up to 84 during the day to take advantage of the fact that we don't lounge in the bedroom during the day...that and the peak-demand pricing.

The other side of the house (the lounging side of the house) stays at 80 during the day since I have a stay at home wife and I sometimes work from home as well...otherwise, it would prolly be at 83 or 84 as well during peak-demand pricing.

Both units are still working well (knock on wood) and don't run all the time. When we are gone on the weekends for more than a few hours, we will turn the master bedroom side of the house completely off and close the doors....again, we don't lounge on that side of the house during the day and the temps never creep above 85 in there anyways if we are gone for 8 hours or less.

It took me a good two seasons to finally dial in how air moved around the house with respect to living areas and the thermostat locations to keep the two sides balanced....kinda like dialing in ones suspension I suspect....it takes a lot of trial and error before you finally get it.

Saucy Size
    I set mine to 81F. However, when it's wicked-hot my house just won't get below like 83ish.

p.
    Don't be that guy! Read the forum guidelines.

I also walk around in a G-string i borrowed from your mom.

I just puked in my mouth and had to swallow it down again

mtbr member

You disgust me!!!!!

We've replaced all our windows with exception of the master bedroom sliding class door, and I've been keeping the huge picture window's shade down. I personally like natural light, and get really depressed if the house is dark, so that might be a cause. Also, we replaced the roof with black shingles, as well as moved some venting around when we took down a wall, so not sure if we're getting proper circulation.

They are coming by later today to drop off some paper work, so I'll chat with him if we can't get the house cooler to see if he has any suggestions.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    My biggest problem is I have an old computer with an old case, and it always heats up in summer causing shutdowns. I've added an extra case fan and it still heats up. The thing is a heatsink.
    Get a new case with 2 120mm fans. I just did this for 2 computers in my office. The difference is AMAZING, it lowered the room temp by probably ~5-8 degrees. Granted I have a bunch of hard drives shoved in the cases, but the old fans were loud and heat producing, while the 120mm fans are incredibly quiet, and produce less heat. You can get a case at frys with a power supply for like $100.

better yet....go with some water cooling action for your processor and your video cards...only need some lower RPM fans after that to keep air moving across your HD's and MOBO.

The other thing I do is regularly blow the dust out of the case with some compressed air out in the garage....it's amazing what the case picks up and how much cooler things run when dusted.

How do I do that?
    During the summer months, I don't even bother keeping the upstairs of my little condo cool since I spend most of the time downstairs. The bedroom, office and showers stays at around 88-90

For downstairs, during the peak hours of 9AM to 9PM, it's set at 80. Since I like to sleep in a fairly cold room with NO fans on me (it'll guarantee I'll get sick), I tend to keep it cooler at night at around 77.

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by Maadjurguer
    better yet....go with some water cooling action for your processor and your video cards...only need some lower RPM fans after that to keep air moving across your HD's and MOBO.

The other thing I do is regularly blow the dust out of the case with some compressed air out in the garage....it's amazing what the case picks up and how much cooler things run when dusted.
    water cooling? video cards? I gave up video games about 7 years ago when I decided to have a career.

you can get very good, efficient and quiet cases for about $40. adding a fan is a snap for another $15. mine is old and it will die eventually, just riding it out. agree on the dust buildup. my wife's is way better, new and cool and quiet - amazing what you can get now compared to 5 yrs ago for fractions of the cost.
    YES to Scottsdale Prop 420
    Our Preserve, Our Taxes, Our Vote

banned
    I don't have an AC unit in my apartment

Wait, what!?
    I keep both of mine at 76 at night and 80 during the day. Couple a white boys got jobs, and we gotta be comfortable.

pedaller
    84 during the day, 82 at 8PM and 80 after 10PM. Time of day plan.
    "Nobody ever told me not to try" - Curious George Soundtrack by Jack Johnson

PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Yep 76-77 at night and 80 during the day.
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

water cooling? video cards? I gave up video games about 7 years ago when I decided to have a career.
    funny....I did not get into gaming until I had a career.....built my last rig 4 years ago while on a 3 week OxyContin dose after sinus surgery....it seemed like a good idea at the time. It used to be smoking fast.....but since then, I don't have time to game anymore just like you....however fragging 13 year olds on the internet was my only way of coping with 12 hour work days in DC followed by a miserable drive home after dark, wintertime temps and soul crushing humidity in the summer.....but I digress....

mtbr member
    76 all the time, as someone is almost always home. I work nights, and can't sleep when it's hot. It's not cheap, our last bill was ~250, but it's only like that for a couple of months.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Noelg
    84 during the day, 82 at 8PM and 80 after 10PM. Time of day plan.
    Odd, I'm the opposite. 82 during the day, 84 at 4 a.m. until 5 a.m. But I work out of the house, so I like it cooler during the day. We do the Flex plan, and were paying 192 a month . I'm hoping this goes down.

whats the flex plan? Is it similar to cost averaging over the summer and winter months?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maadjurguer
    whats the flex plan? Is it similar to cost averaging over the summer and winter months?
    I think you just pay the same every month, based on previous year's usage. Last month of cycle, if you've over paid to day, you pay less, if you underpaid, you pay more.

This was the first year we've run the swamp cooler, and in May our monthly bill *would* have been $100 compared to almost $300 running the AC, so hopefully it will come down.

oh Lucky me
    i think we keep it around 77/78 all the time...but some parts of the house are definately warmer than others...probably cuz its an old @ss house with an aging unit...still relatively nice tho
    ...Dying is the easy part, its living that's the challenge...

mtbr member
    Like most others, we keep it upper 70's. We also have a flex type plan, or APS's equivalent. As far as cooling key areas, make sure you check your duct vents, the rule of thumb is that the closer the vent is to the A/C unit, the more cool air comes out. Therefore, if you are trying to keep a master bedroom cool at the opposite end of the house from the unit, then you may need to close or partially close vents in between the source and the bedroom. We closed off a vent in a rarely used room in order to get better air flow into our bedroom.
    Making Milk by Day, Beer by Night

Braaaapp!
    It was programed to do 80 during the day, 78 in the evening when we are home, and 76 at night.

The woman always messes with it, so it's usually set to "hold" anything between 72 and 86 degrees, depending how she feels at that moment.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    70 at night, 75 during the day, all year round.

im4Gsus
    summer: 77°day - 74°night
    winter: whatever the cool weather does, i H8 turning the heat on and my house has been as cold as 52° when i got up.
    yup, i love winters here!
    "If God is your co-pilot you're in the wrong seat!" S Barrington

mtbr member
    M-F
    85 from 07:45-16:30
    82 from 16:30-07:45 with the occasional bump down to 80

SAT-SUN
    82 full time with the occasional bump down to 80

A plethora of pinatas
    If you are not home during the day, SRP recommends shutting off the AC during the day and then turning it down to a comfortable level when you get home. Saves $$ big time. If you have a programable thermo you can set it up this way automaticly. I used to leave it at 86 during the day and turn it down to 82 around 6 PM and then to 79 at 9 PM. Turning off the AC during the day saved me about $45 per month.
    Marty

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mcoplea
    If you are not home during the day, SRP recommends shutting off the AC during the day and then turning it down to a comfortable level when you get home. Saves $$ big time. If you have a programable thermo you can set it up this way automaticly. I used to leave it at 86 during the day and turn it down to 82 around 6 PM and then to 79 at 9 PM. Turning off the AC during the day saved me about $45 per month.
    I work from home, so that's not really an issue (although the thermostate they installed has a ****-load of bells and whistles to adjust). Does you house stay a 86 without the AC on? Man, that would be nice. They had it off on Friday and the house was prolly 95.

I love bike!
    Quote Originally Posted by mcoplea
    Seems like that would put an aweful lot of stress on your a/c unit (I'm no a/c expert though). Would take all night to get to a decent temperature at my house.

I'm usually 82 during day and 79 overnight.

I believe there was a myth busters based upon the "all off.....then on" vs. maintaining something at a lower level. If my memory serves me correctly...their results were that "all off and then on" when you need it is still more efficient.

But what do I know....I licked rocks for an education....

A plethora of pinatas
    My place would get up to 88 or 90 with the AC off. It takes on average 45 mins to and hour to bring it down to 82. 1 hour of run time vs running several hours a day while I am not home made sense to me.
    Marty

Meatbomb
    driving with your tailgate down does not save fuel either...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo
    driving with your tailgate down does not save fuel either...
    Is it true that if you drove at 55 mph, you'd use less gas than if you drove 65 miles an hour, but at 65, you could coast to the same spot when you ran out of gas that you would have if running out of gas at 55 mph?

P.S. did your head just explode?

oooh, shiny...
    Before it got uber hot I kept it at 82 during the day and 78-80 at night. Jumped in the pool a few times a day to cool off. (I work from home) I am now keeping it at 80 full time. Not a single ceiling fan in the house so I keep some sort of fan on me at all times.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Mine is set at 78 during day and 80 at night, but I'm on the flex plan too and pay $150ish and usually get $100 rebate at the end of the year.

Ouch, I am hot!
    How comfortable are you guys at night with these settings.

During the day, my bedroom is the hottest room in the house other than the kitchen, which has big windows with no treatments. At night it is the hottest room in the house as the insulation and windows suck. The kitchen windows are much better.

In any case, I set the air at 72 around 11:00 pm. It is at 78 during the day.

At 72, my kids' rooms are chilly, but I am still uncomfortable in my bedroom. The air is basically on all night at 72. My wife will turn it up if I am asleep.
    I AM JUST A JERK

Meatbomb
    At 79* I'm comfy 24/7. Otherwise I would turn it up or down.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I have great double pane energy efficient windows around the whole house. I have 1800 sq/ft on one story. I also have two units with a return system. I forgot to mention the two biggest damn pine trees in all of chandler on the west side of my house, which covers the entire house in shade in the afternoon. drawback..............bird **** and can't grow grass.

When i owned a condo, it was impossible to keep the upstair cool in summer and hard to heat the bottom floor in winter.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirdir
    How comfortable are you guys at night with these settings.

During the day, my bedroom is the hottest room in the house other than the kitchen, which has big windows with no treatments. At night it is the hottest room in the house as the insulation and windows suck. The kitchen windows are much better.

In any case, I set the air at 72 around 11:00 pm. It is at 78 during the day.

At 72, my kids' rooms are chilly, but I am still uncomfortable in my bedroom. The air is basically on all night at 72. My wife will turn it up if I am asleep.

Must be nice to be rich. Typical lawyer crap. You would probably sue if you got to cold

Meatbomb
    damn.. tough crowd.

livin' the dream......
    78 degrees 24/7. WIfe works from home, so off during the day is not an option......

I do keep blinds closed on the side of the house getting sun and adjust as the day progresses. The wife likes to close all the damn blinds, but I need that natural light or I start to freak out. It's a balance........

dirt visionary
    80 day 79-78 night trying not to have $400+ bills monthly this year.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body.

Downhill Spokesmodel
    Quote Originally Posted by JrockFeltaz
    I don't have an AC unit in my apartment
    Yeah, but I'll bet you have some kind of water pipe(s) going on to make you think you are cool.
    Now I DRIVE the short bus!!

Help increase ShortBus' rep

Elitest thrill junkie
    I like the heat. Bring it on.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

dirt visionary
    Move to the valley then
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by clockwork
    Move to the valley then
    But everyone in the valley uses air conditioning? It's all so confusing. It seems to really like the heat, you have to live in the valley with air conditioning.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

Just Joshin' ya!
    Its all about the energy efficiency of your house. My old house, built in 1926 in central Phoenix which had a newer AC unit, and the house was only 1000 square feet, had electricity bills of 225 or so.

My new house is 2/3 bigger, but since it is only five years old and has much better windows, insulation, etc, my bill has been running about 150.

We keep the downstairs at 78 and the upstairs at 82 during the day. The downstairs doesn't need a ton of help.
    Getting a dropper post is like getting a bidet. I didn't know I needed one until I get one and boy, does my ass thank me.

Saucy Size
    Last year I kept it at 78F all day/night. Bill was $300/mo.

This year I'm keeping it at 81F. Bill is $210/mo.

p.
    Don't be that guy! Read the forum guidelines.

Team Tortuga
    73F from 8pm to 6am
    78F during the day (gotta keep my German Shepherd happy)
    Flex bill $220 but I have a koi pond that the pump runs 24/7.

I used to keep it 69F for a low and 74F for a high but have been trying to be more ECO and financially conscious plus it takes time to acclimate to warmer temps.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by crAZy Irish
    73F from 8pm to 6am
    78F during the day (gotta keep my German Shepherd happy)
    Flex bill $220 but I have a koi pond that the pump runs 24/7.

I used to keep it 69F for a low and 74F for a high but have been trying to be more ECO and financially conscious plus it takes time to acclimate to warmer temps.
    Damn, I'm surprised at how many keep their homes so cold. I assume you're all transplants? Anything below 80, and I'm genuinely cold. But then again, I've been in AZ 35 years.

Pedaler of dirt
    Last year we'd set it to 73F during the day and 68F at night. I fitted fans in almost every room and now it runs at 76F during the day and 73F at night. Power bill is running at 25% less than last summer.
    It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required.

Occidental Tourist
    79 during the day and I'll drop it to 77 at night and 76 for an hour before the peak time of use plan in the mornings. Time of Use + Flex Plan + Programmable thermostat = $100 month with one unit in the attic if a 2K sq ft single story house. The unit does run almost non-stop during the hottest days and can't get below 80. On the weekends it's usually set to 77. I think if I get better air flow in the attic I can lower my bill some more.

Anyone know of someone reliable who can install the attic fans?
    This is just need to know information: Am i supposed to enjoy the irony or pity the sincerity?

Meatbomb
    Quote Originally Posted by YuriB
    Time of Use + Flex Plan + Programmable thermostat = $100 month
    No pool I take it.

I'm with stupid -------->
    May 2009
    This

http://www.google.org/powermeter/

needs to become a reality.....

banned
    Wow, we run 88 during the day and drop it to 78 after 8 pm. Sometimes we forget because it isn't that bad with a fan on. When people come over, they freak out because it is hot to them.

Ouch, I am hot!
    Must be nice to be rich. Typical lawyer crap. You would probably sue if you got to cold
    I am far from rich and I don't sue people. Too many people assume too many things about lawyers. First, I am an attorney, not a lawyer. Second, although I have a very nice view from my office, I don't take 3 hour lunches and I don't drink. Third, most attorneys are kind, gentle, good hearted people just trying to raise a family. Finally, I like a cool, comfortable air temp.
    I AM JUST A JERK

Occidental Tourist
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo
    No pool I take it.
    Not unless you count the slip and slide. I think
    having a block house helps too.
    This is just need to know information: Am i supposed to enjoy the irony or pity the sincerity?

mtbr member
    You have a slip and slide? I'd KILL for a slip and slide.

I believe the attorneys killed the slip and slide....at least the "for sale" kind we used to know as kids.

sprocket
    You have a slip and slide? I'd KILL for a slip and slide.
    target

Meatbomb

I have a block house too.. I feel like it helps during the day but slowly radiates heat into the interior through out the night.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirdir
    I am far from rich and I don't sue people. Too many people assume too many things about lawyers. First, I am an attorney, not a lawyer. Second, although I have a very nice view from my office, I don't take 3 hour lunches and I don't drink. Third, most attorneys are kind, gentle, good hearted people just trying to raise a family. Finally, I like a cool, comfortable air temp.

What if you broke your arm on Yuri's Illegal slip and slide..? would you be the good heatred lawyer you claim to be? Would you accept personal responsibility? Or would you sue because thats what insurance is for?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by yetisurly
    target
    Seriously second guessing myself to put a shitload of cactus in the backyard, and taking out all the grass. Hhmmm, but I do have a long hallway.

Not at the table,Carlos!
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul B
    I set mine to 81F. However, when it's wicked-hot my house just won't get below like 83ish.

p.
    Let me guess. House built in the 70's?

Shovel Ready
    80 degrees when I'm home 85 degrees when I'm not. I live alone and have 70 percent of the vented air funnel into my bedroom.
    Currently at Mayo Clinic being tested for a kidney transplant. Donors welcome.

mtbr member
    May 2007

what is this AC?

What is AC you write about? Are we missing out here in Flagstaff?
    Please explain

Shovel Ready

Cool-blue Rhythm

Quote Originally Posted by elrancho66
    What is AC you write about? Are we missing out here in Flagstaff?
    Please explain
    When run back wards it heats you house in the winter!
    Currently at Mayo Clinic being tested for a kidney transplant. Donors welcome.

Ouch, I am hot!
    What if you broke your arm on Yuri's Illegal slip and slide..? would you be the good heatred lawyer you claim to be? Would you accept personal responsibility? Or would you sue because thats what insurance is for?
    It depends on the extent of, and reason for, the injury. Personal responsibilty means nothing. It is just a buzz word used to stir the pot.

For example, if I fell on the slip and slide, broke my neck and was paralized, I would likely sue Yuri, via his insurance company, the maker of slip and slide and anyone else I could think of. Becoming paralized pretty much trumps personal responsibility and the rest of the typical mumbo jumbo. It would not impact Yuri, just his insurance company. Also, if the same thing happened to Yuri on my slip and slide, I would expect and encourage him to do the same.
    I AM JUST A JERK

mtbr member
    Jan 2008

You should be able to keep your house any temp you want if your unit is sized correctly , --( a larger unit works better here despite what they tell you ) has the correct size intake and has the correct freon charge dialed into it .

I have always done reffer work all my life here in AZ, ---I see so many undersized units in homes it just kills me , ----and nobody will spend the time to get the charge really correct for a efficiant running unit anyway.

I can set our 20 year old 4 ton unit on 76 and it will keep the house at 76 all day long ------it cycles on and off all day ------it will heat up to 77, then come on and cool down to 75 , then shut off and wait untill it is 77 again .
    The house came with a 2.5 ton unit originally ----I yanked it off after the first summer.

I also do automotive A/C and the same thing applies here also .

Ouch, I am hot!
    Quote Originally Posted by kelstr
    You should be able to keep your house any temp you want if your unit is sized correctly , --( a larger unit works better here despite what they tell you ) has the correct size intake and has the correct freon charge dialed into it .

I have always done reffer work all my life here in AZ, ---I see so many undersized units in homes it just kills me , ----and nobody will spend the time to get the charge really correct for a efficiant running unit anyway.

I can set our 20 year old 4 ton unit on 76 and it will keep the house at 76 all day long ------it cycles on and off all day ------it will heat up to 77, then come on and cool down to 75 , then shut off and wait untill it is 77 again .
    The house came with a 2.5 ton unit originally ----I yanked it off after the first summer.

I also do automotive A/C and the same thing applies here also .
    I have room temp disparity. In addition, the thermostat is located in the hall, which is subject to the same room temp disparity.
    I AM JUST A JERK

mtbr member
    May 2007

it's clear to me now................

Quote Originally Posted by trb2929
    When run back wards it heats you house in the winter!
    I get it, thanks trb2929,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,we do have to "pay the man" in the winter but i prefer it that way,,,,,,,,,,,,besides, I build up some internal heat shoveling snow on the way out to ski

Not a Barry supporter.
    80 b/c I can't afford 68.

Ours was stuck at 84 for hours one day despite it running all day. Thought it was going bad but then realized the filters needed changed. After that, it was down to 80 in about 2 hours.
    Why would I need more than one gear?
    @A_SingleSpeeder
    EPA = crooks!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    We go 77degrees 24/7 wife works nights, I work days..

mtbr member

We have a 1700 square foot house with a 4-ton air conditioner and can keep our house as cool as we would like.

We are on the time of use plan, and therefore cool to 78 degrees in the morning and then let the temperature rise to 84 degrees in the afternoon, dropping the temperature to 80 degrees after sunset so that we can get to sleep while avoiding energy use during the heat. (The heat is tolerable because we can always go outside and jump in the pool to cool down.)

The theory behind these settings is that an air conditioner is most efficient when it pumps heat out of the house in the morning to a relatively lower temperature, so cooling doesn't cost as much then. Ideally, the house would remain cool through the afternoon, but our house doesn't have good enough insulation, or enough thermal mass (such as stone walls on the inside) to get us through the day.

One of these days I'll add extra insulation and try out storm doors to lower the energy leaks and hopefully make the air conditioner run less in the afternoon when both power and cooling are expensive.
    "Thank you, God, for letting me have another day"
    The Milagro Beanfield War

Meatbomb
    Quote Originally Posted by hikerdave

One of these days I'll add extra insulation and....

I did this over the winter, not too bad of a job and Home Depot will loan you a hopper at no cost if you purchase the insulation from them.

Members who have read this thread: 0