mtbr member

OT: Two Buck Chuck for Beer Drinkers

Not sure if any of you have tried Trader Joe's Simple Times beers, but I'm actually pleasantly surprised. Six pack of lager is sub $3, and sixer of either lager or Pilsner is $3+. I picked up the Pilsner on Sunday, and actually kind of enjoyed it.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

mtbr member
    Its not too bad. And 6% abv, it gets the job done.

mtbr member
    DG has been sharing the goodness of this brew for a while. Did you look at the alcohol content. =)
    b

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by brianc
    Did you look at the alcohol content. =)
    Really stupid question: but is it high or low? I honestly never really pay attention to alcohol content of the beer I drink, so I'm not even sure how it compares.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    6% is goldilocks... just right.

For comparison:

mtbr member
    as Kavu points out.. it's 6% abv. chit Utah and CO beer can run 3.2% abv.
    b

My other ride is your mom
    Simple Times happens to be the perfect name, at the perfect time, for these financial times...cholla gave me the 1st taste of that after my first Pinal Mts run....simply beautiful

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    +1 good stuff at a good price

Meatbomb
    thanks...

I have a love hate with TJ's .. love the goods but hate the stores... isles are so small i have to throw an elbow at least once a trip to get through without ruining my flow

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo
    thanks...

I have a love hate with TJ's .. love the goods but hate the stores... isles are so small i have to throw an elbow at least once a trip to get through without ruining my flow
    are you climbing or descending?
    YES to Scottsdale Prop 420
    Our Preserve, Our Taxes, Our Vote

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo
    thanks...

LOL, I'm the same way. I have a tendency to go in after the gym, soaking wet and stinky. I get a lot of odd looks, but the MILFs know to keep their distance. I try to go frequently enough where I can fit what I need in a basket or bag, as I hate trying to navigate that place with a shopping cart.

Kathleen in AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by brianc
    DG has been sharing the goodness of this brew for a while. Did you look at the alcohol content. =)
    Yup!!! I've been serving Simpler Times to my ThNR guests for a while now. There are many reasons behind this.... First, it's cheap! Second, ithe cans won't shatter if a beer falls around the hot tub or pool. And third, the high alcohol content gets em all tired so they don't linger too long and I can get to bed at a reasonable hour

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chollaball
    are you climbing or descending?
    You joke about climbing or descending. I could never get used to shopping at the base commissary at Robins AFB, cuz the aisles were one way and if you went the wrong way you’d get dressed down by some chief.

mad aussie
    TJ's has some good beer under their house brand name. The Hofbrau Bock is very nice, smooth, and at 7% it certainly gets the job done.

Kevin

mtbr member
    TJ's is losing touch in their beer dept, IMO. I might try the Simple times, and I will forever love the Oranjeboom and Henningers for cheap big cans, but they don't carry a decent American IPA (Stone=so/so). They don't even have Mirror Pond anymore. Great prices on cheaper wines though. The TJ's on 20th St is right down the road from me, and anyone in the area who shares in my opinion, I have good news. Word on the street is that Total Wines is moving in on 16th and Camelback - I can't wait.
    Making Milk by Day, Beer by Night

Members who have read this thread: 0