OT- Thanks to my Roadies :)- Mtbr.com
    Meatpuppet

OT- Thanks to my Roadies :)

Im just eating a sandwich reading the same old things here so off topic or not I'll throw it out there.

I just wanted to say "Thanks" to my roadies in helping me accomplish things in fair fashion.
    Mark- sssycip -- the bike Fuggin rules, I couldnt be happier. Thanks for teaching me a little about proper road riding etiquette, and for stretching the mileage out when I wasnt sure Id make it.

dgangi - Simon - cholla - Dgurl - ScottA

Jeff n Su - as always my motivators to no end. Yer my dawgs

did the TdeScottsdale Sunday in 3:24, its not stellar by any means but my first experience in any bike type event and I was trippin. Pile ups, people just falling over......
    Biggest lesson learned: dont try and bridge big gaps to fast packs by yourself
    My Third Eye Has A Cataract

Kathleen in AZ
    Congrats to you on a fine finish to your first "race"

wrecking crew
    Yo! I'm proud of you! You placed 21st in your age class! That is friggin' sweet!
    ~~~

mtbr member
    big ups on the quick time!

be fast or be last!

parenting for gnarness
    there are only so many sweet-nothings I can whisper in Dirtrodr's ear about his performance and improvement over just a few months, before it becomes really awkward and our respective SO's may get concerned. So I'll just say he looked fabulous in his bib, and he's going to keep getting stronger and smarter.

Big shout out to DCB Adventures for a really well-run event. Packet pickup on friday featured wine and hors'd'vors (sp?) at shwanky Market Street in DC Ranch. It was very smooth, all the materials were well-documented and made sense, the "meeting" was conducted over a PA so you could be social while still getting all the right info. Web site was easy and accurate, easy parking, AM setup was great, lots of port-o-lets, the course was well-market, SAG vehicles in front the whole way, excellent road closures and traffic support from police and sheriff, nice fun expo at the finish. Thanks DCB I will be back!
    YES to Scottsdale Prop 420
    Our Preserve, Our Taxes, Our Vote

Ouch, I am hot!
    Nice job dude!

How you liking those Performance bibs? I need a few pairs of bibs.
    I AM JUST A JERK

mtbr member
    congrats man! nice work

Meatpuppet
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirdir
    Nice job dude!

How you liking those Performance bibs? I need a few pairs of bibs.
    You know....I bought a pair of cannondale le carbon's off steep n cheap for $80, they're usually like $160 and they are nice but were a little small (med). But worth it to see what the fuss about expensive chamois and shorts are about. I got the Performance brand Ultra's on sale $64. They have the same chamois as far as I can tell. The material is more airy(breathable), but still with the same flat seam contruction and very comfortable. I am very happy with them and will continue to go with them most likely. I will say that the
    leg grippers on the cannondales are pretty sweet, compared to standard silicone type on the ultra.

Meatpuppet
    By the way dgangi and cholla killed it.
    22nd and 42nd OA respectively

Sup?
    Nice job guys!

wrecking crew
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtrodr
    Oh yes! They did super swell. They are studz...mmmm....fast boyz on bikes....with shaved legs...and bibs!

Seriously, all of you...you guys rawk!
    ~~~

Fragile - must be Italian
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtrodr
    Actually, I was in about 15th place as we crossed the finish line but 6 or 7 guys on various teams cut in front of me when we waited for our tags to get pulled from our jerseys (I guess so they could finish "together")...thus bumping me back a little farther. But who's counting?

It was the perfect day for a bike ride. And a perfectly run event. Cheers to those at DCB Adventures for doing such a good job.

For the life of me I can't figure out why more people don't sign up for TdeS. What's not to like? Wine and salmon served at packet pick-up...the most scenic road course in the area...perfect weather...fun post-race activities with a live band...DC Ranch Marketplace shops/restaurants...Scottsdale hotties galore... Oh wait...I digress...

And Chris -- you kicked butt for your first road race. If you decide to do more in the future, you're only going to get better now that you know some of the finer points of the strategy.

Thx...Doug

JohnniO
    Quote Originally Posted by dgangi
    For the life of me I can't figure out why more people don't sign up for TdeS. What's not to like?
    $100 to ride in an un- CAT'd crashfest on a course that I ride all the time for free for starters. Too many first timers riding over their heads in a large pack can really f%$# up the rest of your season. I love riding too much to risk my entire season at the hands of hundreds of riders that have never raced let alone ridden in a pack.

Good job on the finish though , good placing and in one piece.

Meatpuppet
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnniO
    $100 to ride in an un- CAT'd crashfest on a course that I ride all the time for free for starters. Too many first timers riding over their heads in a large pack can really f%$# up the rest of your season. I love riding too much to risk my entire season at the hands of hundreds of riders that have never raced let alone ridden in a pack.

huh, just a taste of cynicism .......

Fragile - must be Italian
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnniO

Now that's a crappy attitude. If I applied that logic to other events, then I wouldn't do any "road races"...just criteriums (which I don't care for)...since all "road races" (and time trials) are on courses that I can ride anytime I want to for free. Same would apply to any MTB race around here. The Dust Devil series is on 3 courses that I can ride on for free any day of the year.

Sure there are a number of crashes on these types of events, but if you stay way up front (with the Pro/1/2 guys) or hang back and chill, then you'll be fine. But if you are adverse to crashing, why ride in criteriums? Collisions are a regular occurrence in those, especially at the 4/5 levels.

And as far as the $100 entry fee...most of it goes for a good cause....protecting the McDowell Mtn Preserve that we all take for granted. Nobody is getting rich from this.

Thx...Doug

Ouch, I am hot!
    Quote Originally Posted by dgangi
    ...just criteriums (which I don't care for)...
    Huh? Crits are the bomb. This may sound lame, but they may even be better than wild vivacious sex.
    I AM JUST A JERK

Meatpuppet
    oh never mind-

Sup?

Crits better than sex!?

I'm taking this one straight to the gutter.. !

Crits better than sex? well the last one I did was back in 1990/91 on that
    day it was like 122 out? The Phoenix Consumers Cycling Club used to
    put on Tues. night USCF points crits in the parking lot there at SoMo.

Actually, was doing pretty good in the Crash4 (cat4) round, when I clipped a pedal
    on the turn, bike flipped and I went down. No injuries other than the
    burning flesh on the assphalt that day. OUCH! but that's the last one
    I ever did IIRC

Have had lousy sex, drunk sex, backseat, airplane, even on
    the floor of the Alpha Phi sorority house under the grand
    piano fat girl sex, and it was *all* better than a Crit I'd say.

I may get winded and sweaty, during sex
    but I'm never coughing up a lung or crashing at 25+mph

Now sex during a criterium? that would be exciting!
    Last edited by honemastert; 10-16-2007 at 10:22 PM. Reason: added graphic details

Meatpuppet
    Quote Originally Posted by honemastert
    Sex with the fat sorority girl during a criterium would be a feat worthy of youtube!!

Not a Barry supporter.
    Congrats you once-cool-beer-bellied-tattoed-freak-of-an-insane-mtb-rider who is now a wussified roadie. ; ) Just kidding. Not sure I can ride with you anymore...mostly for fear of being left behind!!!! Great job and hopefully you'll bust out the mtb soon so we can hook up!

And on a side note, when I was back in Seattle I found out that one of the guys I used to ride with all the time is pretty much a full on roadie now. He's a certified Cat3 rider who's partially sponsored. He prefers the Crits but also does longer roadie races. He would definitely give Mark and Doug a run for their money. On the mtb ride he did with us, he kept swearing b/c he'd lost all his skill. He smoked up the fireroad but was hurtin' big time on the techy downs. So don't neglect the mtb skills for fear of losing them.
    Why would I need more than one gear?
    @A_SingleSpeeder
    EPA = crooks!

wrecking crew
    Don't you worry Rodney, Chris won't lose his mad skillz on the MTB. We won't let him!
    ~~~

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by su.ling~
    Don't you worry Rodney, Chris won't lose his mad skillz on the MTB. We won't let him!
    for about the last 4 weeks all I've ridden has been the roadie and National - its a hoot going back and forth like that. they both feel fresh, sessioning is fun cause you are not in the mood to hammer, hammering is fun cause you want to go go go!!!.

parenting for gnarness
    play ultimate!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OX5H6wcM3Lo

the team in yellow is my old team, yeah Wood!

Ouch, I am hot!
    Quote Originally Posted by honemastert
    I'm taking this one straight to the gutter.. !

Crits better than sex? well the last one I did was back in 1990/91 on that
    day it was like 122 out? The Phoenix Consumers Cycling Club used to
    put on Tues. night USCF points crits in the parking lot there at SoMo.

Actually, was doing pretty good in the Crash4 (cat4) round, when I clipped a pedal
    on the turn, bike flipped and I went down. No injuries other than the
    burning flesh on the assphalt that day. OUCH! but that's the last one
    I ever did IIRC

Have had lousy sex, drunk sex, backseat, airplane, even on
    the floor of the Alpha Phi sorority house under the grand
    piano fat girl sex, and it was *all* better than a Crit I'd say.

I may get winded and sweaty, during sex
    but I'm never coughing up a lung or crashing at 25+mph

I was doing crits in AZ around that time. We may have crossed paths. I did well at crits, and for whatever reason, avoided nasty crashes for several years. As such, I loved them. We were anti-Consumers back then. Damn crits were full of them. Have you ever done the Yuma crit they had back then in downtown Yuma? I liked that one. We slept in some school gym. I can't recall if it was Saturday or Sunday but the other Yuma crit on that same weekend sucked.

As to sex, perhaps I need to fulfill some of my fantasies and re-evaluate.
    I AM JUST A JERK

Members who have read this thread: 0