mtbr member

OT: Snowbowl DG Course

Wanted to post this up yesterday, but work would not allow it. For those Disc Golf enthusiasts out there, the course at Snowbowl is the sweetest course I have ever played. I took a buddy out for his first mtb ride on Saturday and then we went up to the course - what a day. Then, on Sunday, we took the wives and wee ones up to Snowbowl for a picnic, and ended up talking the ladies into letting us play again.

The course is a bit of a hike, the first two holes set the stage since you have to climb straight up, then the climbing is minimal until the 10th-17th. They have a hole that is 800+ feet and another one that is like 565ft. Also, at that altitude and slope, I was able to get drives at like 400ft - no BS. If you have not tried this course, take advantage when you can, it is awesome.
    Making Milk by Day, Beer by Night

mtbr member
    Rad combine that with Sunrise and AZ will be the premier lift assisted Disc Golf state.
    Got Daytons on the Motha Ship - Cube

mtbr member
    Although it seems like you need a lift for some of the holes, the Snowbowl course is set up at the base of Humphrey's Lodge, goes up the mountain, back down, around Agassiz Lodge, and then back up towards Humphrey's (all on foot). Good thought though - especially when you consider you could hit up the Show Low course on the drive from one to the next.

A plethora of pinatas
    Awesome!! Ty and I play alot here in the Valley and have not hit the Snowbowl course yet. Pynis, hit us a PM if you would like to meet up for a round or two sometime at the Fountain Hills course. Ride in the AM and Disc Golf in the afternoon sounds like a great day to me!
    Marty

mtbr member
    PM Sent. Like I mentioned in the message, this might be a good group ride offer in a few months.

Members who have read this thread: 0