OT: Scout Cave- Mtbr.com

Thread: OT: Scout Cave

mtbr member
    Nov 2009

OT: Scout Cave

Does anybody know how to get here? I Spelunked this back in the early 90ís. I did not drive when I went there so I was not paying attention to the directions. All I remember is that it was somewhere out by Strawberry. Any beta would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance for any info.

Meatbomb

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Thank you Phillbo.

Funny thing is I tried to Google for this a few times a while back and I did not get anything. I tried it now and your link is the first on the list. I guess I should of tried before posting.

Thanks again.

Carnivore
    I've done a lot of caving in that area including Scout Cave. Just a little warning, lots of caves over there have "bad air". That is very high CO2 levels. You may notice feeling a little short of breath or even your voice changing a little but otherwise there isn't much sign of it until you start getting a headache etc.

The funnest part of Scout is accessed by a small passage on the left side of the main entrance room. Up high in the far end of the entrance room is a small crawl that was gated in the 90's because of the bad air. I'm not sure if the gate is still in place but I'd stay out of there. Make sure to follow all of the rules of caving. Look up info on the NSS (National Speleological Society) site. Have fun.

Members who have read this thread: 0