OT: Renting your house out for Super Bowl / FBR.- Mtbr.com
    Meatbomb

OT: Renting your house out for Super Bowl / FBR.

Anyone thinking about renting there house out for the FBR/Super Bowl week ?

I am. I have a friend that does a lot of production stuff for the NFL parties and she says she can find me a company to rent to .. I really don't want to rent to individuals because I feel a company would be easier to get reimbursed if any damages occurred. Since my house is in Scottsdale, it would be convenient for the FBR ( less than 5 miles ) but not so convenient for the Super Bowl ( way the hell out in BFE ) ...

I hear there is some pretty good money to be had.

Discuss.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/s...using1110.html
    Last edited by Phillbo; 11-15-2007 at 07:25 PM.

AKA shitbird
    DO IT! The people renting their homes, especially nice ones are asking for pretty large deposits on top of crazy rental fees. Plan on steaming your carpets afterwards and maybe cleaning some puke off the walls. A hole here and there in the drywall isn't too hard to fix. Oh yeah, be prepared to fish your barbeque grill from the bottom of your pool if you have one. And if you have clay roof tiles expect to fix a few, rooftops make great diving platforms. And lampshades.....forget about them.

Just running through what a strangers house would look like if I threw a party there.

I was actually talking to a freind about the Superbowl renting thing the other day and came up with a scenario. Say a nosey neighbor is annoyed by your renteres party. They can file a complaint to the City. Probably not a big deal just a warning by the cops, whatever. But if your neighbor wanted to dick with you he could alert the City of a zoning code violation. Renting out ones home for temporary occupancy is not permitted within a residential zoning district (in Phoenix, prob Scottsdale too). Then you have to deal with a Code Enforcement Officer and all kinds of mind numbing headache inducing crap. Just a random thought.
    JRA

Meatbomb
    Scratch eabos off the list of potential renters

mtbr member
    My business partner and his wife live near DC ranch and their realtor for thier rental prop's say to do it. Key is get a damage deposit on a major credit card. Anyone that can afford the rent of a home for 10 day minimum there (10 day is what hotels are requiring- so can you!) is most likely not a damaging partier and if they are have enough money to pay for thier damage. If my home was nicer I would rent it and sleep in my shop for a week!
    Vassago Cycles, Shadetree Bikes, Flat Tire Bikes, Galfer Brakes USA

parenting for gnarness
    do it and good luck. just factor in lots of hidden aggravation and labor into your costs. i rent a house in Rocky Point, and its just astounding what people will do when they are in party mode and think its a party scene at a rental place.

"woohoo party...hey its a rental we can grind our butts out into the tile, we can break bottles in the yard, we can rip shelves out of the fridge and then place them carefully back in..." you get the idea. you won't find out about some of that stuff til it breaks on you weeks later, or you're vacuuming and noticed some kid wrote all over the baseboards with crayon.

you just need to build all that BS and wear-and-tear into your costs, take it in stride, and take a year off your paint job or carpets etc..
    YES to Scottsdale Prop 420
    Our Preserve, Our Taxes, Our Vote

What, who, me?
    Jul 2006

Cholla pm me...

i'm looking to rent in Puerto Penasco in Feb. curious to see what ya got.

Mike
    SKA Racing, beer and bikes. What more could you ask for?

Meatbomb
    cholla, I too rent in RP a lot . Maybe you should post up what you have ?

One of the reasons I am planning to go through my friend is that she has contacts for corporations that like to send there execs to events .. I don't plan to rent to the Spring Break crowd . But good advice.

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo
    cholla, I too rent in RP a lot . Maybe you should post up what you have ?

One of the reasons I am planning to go through my friend is that she has contacts for corporations that like to send there execs to events .. I don't plan to rent to the Spring Break crowd . But good advice.
    Execs will be a better crowd, with deeper pockets. We definitely see differences in the types of renters we get (families vs. vollyeball tourney participants this past month), but still imo, plan for some static no matter who you get.

i've added a link to our beach house in my sig, and will pm you guys with more details. thanks!
    YES to Scottsdale Prop 420
    Our Preserve, Our Taxes, Our Vote

mtbr member
    Just thought I'd throw in a horror story for you. My folks rented their Sedona home for a while to help recoup some of the costs. They asked a pretty steep rent assuming they would get someone who would care about the property. Interviewed people and thought they found some nice folks.

While nice in person, these renters absolutely TRASHED the place. Tracked that nasty red sedona dirt and mud all over the house (ruined the carpets) had a dog (weren't supposed to), broke the front door frame moving furniture. Place smelled like womprat a$$ for months. Basically, it was a nightmare. Cost my folks thousands to repair the damage they caused. Lesson learned.

Just cover your bases, is all I'm trying to say. Good luck!
    Graeme Hunt Design - www.graemehuntdesign.com

Members who have read this thread: 0