OT- Ozzie!- Mtbr.com

Thread: OT- Ozzie!

CrazyEye

OT- Ozzie!

Scored some free tickets last night to see Ozzie and Rob Zombie last night at Glendale...Never was really into the OzMan. I always have loved the old Black Sabbath when he was with still with them, but never really listend to his solo stuff much. The old bastard still puts on a hella good show. Rob's show is a ADD kid's dream, stuff going on everywhere, fire, Giant Screens, fire, go-go girls, fire...

Glendale is nice, but not a place to go if you're expecting to watch the kiddies mosh...Security was tight in there, and no open floor space, all assigned seats...

Ozzie closed with "Paranoid" which is my favorite song to ride to, so does that make this a biking thread?
    Last edited by CrazyEye; 11-29-2007 at 10:15 AM.

AKA shitbird
    I saw Ozzie at the Black Sabbath new years eve reunion in 2001. That dude was still able to rock for being like 107 years old. I haven't seen Rob Zombies solo stuff but back in the day of White Zombie they put on a killer show.

Never been a fan of assigned seats at concerts...lame. Wanna see some moshing catch a show at Marquee theatre...best venue in the valley, imo.
    JRA

sixsixtysix
    FYI, its "Ozzy"

I saw him in 1992 during his "No More Tours" Tour when he was supposedly retiring. He probably would have been better off, seeing as how he now needs tele-prompters to remember the lyrics to his own songs

CrazyEye
    Quote Originally Posted by sixsixtysix
    FYI, its "Ozzy"

I saw him in 1992 during his "No More Tours" Tour when he was supposedly retiring. He probably would have been better off, seeing as how he now needs tele-prompters to remember the lyrics to his own songs
    lol, oh yeah...Ozzy. My head was still ringing when I wrote that this morning...I wasn't expecting much. He's a mess and shuffles around on stage like my Grandpa in the kitchen, but was pretty damn good. All those big Arenas suck and cost a ton. Marquee and Mesa Amp are the Biggest venues I'll go to now...

Wait, what!?
    I have always wanted to see him for some reason.

The Clubhouse rocks for small local bands. Probably my favorite venue. Marquee and Venue of Scottsdale are good too.

Meatpuppet
    Say what you want about the man but Ozzy is "the real deal"
    Never a huge fan of his solo stuff, but Sabbath alone solidifies his status.
    He has picked some ace guitarists though.
    Hes been the same dude since the early-early 70's, how many can you say that about.
    BAMF
    My Third Eye Has A Cataract

Wait, what!?
    Waitwaitwait, did a female fronted band called In This Moment play too? Man I am so pissed. They played up here tonight and it was sold out when I tried to get tickets. How were they?

CrazyEye
    Quote Originally Posted by Enduroblood
    Waitwaitwait, did a female fronted band called In This Moment play too? Man I am so pissed. They played up here tonight and it was sold out when I tried to get tickets. How were they?
    I got there as Rob was coming on...

Members who have read this thread: 0