banned

OT: From out of Nowhere

Is Europe just a warm up for a major US Tour? Lets hope so. Rumors are starting to fly.

Mike Patton is/was so far ahead of his time it's not even funny. Truly one of the best IMHO

AKA shitbird
    Wow, when did they start playing again? That's a ressurection I'm happy to see.
    JRA

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by eabos
    Wow, when did they start playing again? That's a ressurection I'm happy to see.

http://www.fnm.com/tour-dates.shtml

Rumors of an SF New Years show are starting to fly.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JrockFeltaz
    Is Europe just a warm up for a major US Tour? Lets hope so. Rumors are starting to fly.

Mike Patton is/was so far ahead of his time it's not even funny. Truly one of the best IMHO

I just wasted about 30 seconds of my life.

I seriously never understood the appeal of these guys. I remember "We care a lot" got a lot of airplay on the college radio station, but then I never heard from them until that goofy song with the dead goldfish video. Just not my cup of tea I guess.

However, I am stoked that I'm getting to see the Pogues in Oct.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny-tire
    I just wasted about 30 seconds of my life.

I seriously never understood the appeal of these guys. I remember "We care a lot" got a lot of airplay on the college radio station, but then I never heard from them until that goofy song with the dead goldfish video. Just not my cup of tea I guess.
    I never understood why those songs became the radio hits. Epic is definitely the worst song on that album. I had the same opinion as skinny-tire until I got into Mike Pattons solo stuff. I realized that he was a true musical genius and not just a schizophrenic front man of some crazy band.

banned

Pivotal figure
    Too weird..I was just playing the acoustic portion of Zombie Eaters. It would be cool to see them live since I missed the Real Thing tour . I do like some if their earlier stuff though, particularly Chinese Arithmetic.
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    hey cool. I found an old mix cd with a bunch of their stuff on it recently and have had it in my truck since. Took me a while to recognize the song but I like both versions...
    and the lurker returns to the dark corner

mtbr member
    i have that whole fnm show in audio and video form. badass.
    fnm, mr. bungle, fantomas, peeping tom...patton is the man. period.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 'size
    i have that whole fnm show in audio and video form. badass.
    fnm, mr. bungle, fantomas, peeping tom...patton is the man. period.

Moved down another notch. Former lead singer of Faith No More insulting Wolf Mother is hilarious, and not in a "laughing with you" way. But what do I know, I'm sure Mike Patton is huge in Belgium.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by JrockFeltaz
    I never understood why those songs became the radio hits. Epic is definitely the worst song on that album. I had the same opinion as skinny-tire until I got into Mike Pattons solo stuff. I realized that he was a true musical genius and not just a schizophrenic front man of some crazy band.
    True that. Every time I hear Epic I want to punch someone in the face. Nothing like Zombie Eaters or Ashes to Ashes. How about Stripsearch? Anyhow, FNM pioneered many of the sounds that made 90s and even 2000s bands popular.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    What a jag off. Really? Wolfmother sucks? What a douche. As long as it makes people happy and they like it who the hell cares? Why does Mike Patton find it so important to notify the world he is sooo above Wolfmother? I dig FNM and Mr. Bungle but Patton is a classic piece of crap

banned
    Wolfmother? Seriously?

Members who have read this thread: 0