suvlako

OT motocross anyone?

Any of my bike brethren ride any moto? Heading to PMP tomorrow night with new toy(helmet cam).

A-

mtbr member
    Used too...and I loved it.

Till two years ago in April I overshoot a table out at ET and took my first flying ambulance ride.

After surgery to put a Ti rod running the length of my femur.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by suvlako
    Any of my bike brethren ride any moto? Heading to PMP tomorrow night with new toy(helmet cam).

A-
    Gotta work tomorrow, but I am thinking about heading out there Friday evening. I have been really wanting to hit Mammoth, but the dates they have been open haven't been compatible with my schedule. I may be able to get out there on the 16th.

'08 KTM 250SXF #347.

AKA shitbird
    I want to get a moto in the worse way. Grew up riding and miss it mucho.

Holy hell that's a F'ed up break!....on the positive side Ti body parts rule!
    JRA

Low speed, High Drag
    I'll be at Grindingstone Saturday, and if possible, I may be back there on Sunday, too. I'd like to hit up PMP, but it's a two hour drive from my house. I've raced Supermoto a couple of times at P1 right behind PMP, and the drive is a killer for me. A couple of us may come down and do some night races when it gets too hot up here.

You guys should head up to Motoland one of these weekends. Super sweet tracks, and the dirt there is unbelievable.
    I need a cool saying to put here.

suvlako
    Hey Man,

Did I buy a Leatt brace from you a while back? I vaguely remember the guy tellimg me the same story.
    Quote Originally Posted by cru_jones
    Used too...and I loved it.

Till two years ago in April I overshoot a table out at ET and took my first flying ambulance ride.

After surgery to put a Ti rod running the length of my femur.

suvlako
    Might be coming up there next weekend to hit motoland at night. That is such a great track. that said it is about a 3 1/2- 4 hour drive for me. That's passion!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kevhogaz
    I'll be at Grindingstone Saturday, and if possible, I may be back there on Sunday, too. I'd like to hit up PMP, but it's a two hour drive from my house. I've raced Supermoto a couple of times at P1 right behind PMP, and the drive is a killer for me. A couple of us may come down and do some night races when it gets too hot up here.

You guys should head up to Motoland one of these weekends. Super sweet tracks, and the dirt there is unbelievable.
    I am getting back into it after @ 4 years. Haven't been to Motoland yet. It is definitely on the list.
    We used to hit MotoGrande at least once a week when I was riding a lot. I wouldn't mind heading up there soon again.
    PMP is okay. At least it is a place to ride here. Beats driving to Ocotillo or Casa Grande to hit a half way decent track, that's for sure.
    Gonna be heading to Glen Helen for the Nat coming up. I wish I had more time to go ride out there again. I have only ridden Elsinore and Star West and that was in '02.

Wait, what!?
    I think I will be out of Grinding Stone this weekend too!

Low speed, High Drag
    Quote Originally Posted by suvlako
    Might be coming up there next weekend to hit motoland at night. That is such a great track. that said it is about a 3 1/2- 4 hour drive for me. That's passion!!
    I hope you mean Motogrande, since Motoland has no lights. They're right down the street from each other, so even if you go to the wrong one, the other is pretty much right next door.

mtbr member
    I try to hit the tracks once or twice a week, one of these times I'll make it down to PMP.

I've got a cheap helmet cam and have video from most of the tracks up here, you can view them here: http://www.youtube.com/user/racemotox38

Sounds like we should try to have an MTBR ride day at Motoland.

08 CRF450 #38

mtbr member
    Sure. Still ride a two stroke as well. Speedworld, Ocotillo, VV motorplex.

jeff

Meatbomb
    yo cru_jones, welcome to the heavy metal club

tibia nail and 4 screws here .

And I don't mean the band

:(

I'd love to join, but don't have a bike right now... I'm trying to sell my other car so I can buy one... anybody know someone wanting to trade his two stroke for my great running car...?
    Get a bicycle. You will not regret it if you live. --Mark Twain

BLAWG

Low speed, High Drag
    Quote Originally Posted by VanHalen
    I'd love to join, but don't have a bike right now... I'm trying to sell my other car so I can buy one... anybody know someone wanting to trade his two stroke for my great running car...?

I'd post that trade up over at www.gomxracing.com

It's mostly local guys, and it gets a lot of traffic.

I'd post that trade up over at www.gomxracing.com

It's mostly local guys, and it gets a lot of traffic.

thanks a lot for that... I'm sure I'll be able to work out something... you guys do mostly track or trail stuff?

BLAWG

oh Lucky me
    yeah i used to, would love to get another bike but dont forsee it happening anytime soon. lost a job 2 years ago and had to sell it ALL...4 bikes, 2 trailers, gear, and accessories the only thing i have left is a couple helmets, gear bag, and boots....
    ...Dying is the easy part, its living that's the challenge...

Low speed, High Drag
    thanks a lot for that... I'm sure I'll be able to work out something... you guys do mostly track or trail stuff?
    I ride the track, exclusively. The state came out with a bs law this year, that says you have to have a license plate attached to your bike, no matter what kind of bike it is. I'm not fabbing up a license plate bracket, just so I can ride in the desert 1 time a year.

Wait, what!?
    I ride more single track than anything else. I usually get out once a week in the desert, and once or twice a month to the track. I only recently started track riding this year and am not too good yet. Still fun, but its a whole nother world, coming from desert and dunes.

Whenever I ride outside of the track I attach my plate to my CamelBak and have not been hassled yet about it.

Shall we post some moto pics!?

I ride the track, exclusively. The state came out with a bs law this year, that says you have to have a license plate attached to your bike, no matter what kind of bike it is. I'm not fabbing up a license plate bracket, just so I can ride in the desert 1 time a year.
    WHAAAT?

such BS, why is everybody making it so hard to ride... everybody I talk to that still rides says theyre shutting down trails like crazy also....

did you hear about that ban on kid's size mx bikes? about that lead content supposedly....

I have to admit though, there's a lot of trail riders out there that really mess it up for the rest of us, leaving there garbage behind and destroying stuff for the hell of it.......

I swear most of it is because of some of those lazy tree huggers bringing up the eternal 'environment' excuse.... there's stuff much much worse for the environment (like those nasty batteries in them fancy hybrid cars)...

BLAWG

Low speed, High Drag

Moto Photos

I have a couple of pics of me out at ET, on the old Vet track, back in February. In the pics, it looks like I know what I'm doing, but it's all just an illusion! I'm old, and slow, no doubt about it.

Wait, what!?

From Speed World....

By the way, what is ET?

Low speed, High Drag
    Quote Originally Posted by Enduroblood
    By the way, what is ET?

ET is the big MX facility on the east side of town. It's basically in Queen Creek, which makes it 5 minutes form my house. It's on Ironwood, about 6 miles form the US 60. They have a big Pro track, and a big vet track as well. It's a pretty cool facility, but they don't prep the vet track very often, and it turns in to concrete in no time.

I really prefer Grindingstone, and Motoland, and hardly ride at ET, even though it's so close to my house.

www.etmotopark.com
    Last edited by kevhogaz; 05-07-2009 at 07:08 AM.

mtbr member
    Vintage motocrosser here. I got back into it back in '05 after about 30 years. I have 2 1974 bikes-- Bultaco Pursang 250 and Suzuki TM125 that I race in intermediate vintage classes.
    Racing Bull Hollow Raceway in Monticello,UT May 24-25 and Speedworld Sat night the 16th for the AVDRA series final race on the national track.

Anyone interested in riding up to UT the May 21 for a little mtb riding around moab or Monticello and vintage mx action let me know ASAP. I have room for 1 more passenger and mtb.
    Will probably tent camp at the track and ride Moab or Blue mountains.

Rob

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Sweet! Sold my 450 two years ago and really miss they way that bike was out on the track! More of a trail rider now with an '05 CRF250X

JJK
    AZ MTBR

Drz 400e

trail rider here. I used to race Enduro's, Hare Scrambles, and some
    Moto back in Michigan between 1983 and 2001. Moved to AZ in Oct 2001 but had to sell all my toys to get here. I bought an 03 Suzuki DRZ
    400E about 3 yrs ago. Raced 1 time out at MM's for fun. now i just trail ride , waiting to buy a KTM 400.... Good times..

Later ,
    Johnny K

mtbr member
    Dec 2004

another trail rider

I'd also be interested in an mtbr "powered" trail ride. Just starting again - sold CR250 20 years ago. Did the singletrack (e.g. 24, 5, etc.) north of Lone Mountain and 136th a couple weeks ago and didn't cause any destruction. Have a license plate and OHV sticker, so flexible there. Limited to 45mph and 2hrs rolling time (Quantya Strada), but I'm pretty tired after an hour and a half anyway.

Kevhog, fairly nice air for someone who is old and slow.

Low speed, High Drag
    Thanks, I used to ride a bunch, when I was younger, and once in a while my brain forgets that getting hurt takes ten times longer to heal than it used to. I'd do the trail ride, but I've got no plate, and my title isn't even an AZ one, yet.

Wait, what!?
    You can usually play dumb if youre an "out of stater" and they wont hassle you too much. Besides, its not like you see very many wardens patrolling the trail on their bikes either. I would be down for a group ride. I know that area pretty well and always like riding with new folks.

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! For Sale

OK my car's officially up for sale, does anybody know someone looking for a cheap car, or has a 80-100cc two stroke for sale/trade?

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/1168168468.html

BLAWG

mtbr member
    My plan is to ride/camp the Cinder hill's OHV area in Flagstaff over Memorial Day. Any MTBr's going to be up there to ride moto, PM me if interested ..

jeff

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Spread the word

(will throw in the bike rack for the car )

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/mcy/1182722788.html

BLAWG

Braaaapp!
    I used to do the motocross thing in highschool

One of my all time favorite pics

Now I stick to off road fun

Sorry no riding pics....

Here's the woody woodpecker racer