suvlako

OT Moto is the White Mountains?

Any of my moto brethren know if there is any single track(or double for that matter) in the white mountains to be had on a moto? If so, where and do you need a permit? Thanks!

Downhill Spokesmodel
    Quote Originally Posted by suvlako
    Any of my moto brethren know if there is any single track(or double for that matter) in the white mountains to be had on a moto? If so, where and do you need a permit? Thanks!
    No moto help here.
    Try ThumperTalk.
    Now I DRIVE the short bus!!

Help increase ShortBus' rep

Shred...it's the new drug
    I know there is this one spot that you can ride your bike down a hill so fast it feels like you're riding a moto. plus you don't have to put gas in your bike, change your oil and filter, or kick start it. You just need to hop on a lift and ride to the top. Plus you can make that sweet braaaap noise with your mouth whilst riding. Braaaaaaap!!!!

not to be a total smart ass, but I've converted from a wr426 to a transition blindside and have never looked back

suvlako
    I appreciate most things two wheeled and I doubt if there are many people who have done more days up at the mountain this summerthan me. No need to sell me on the merits of DH as it has become my passion over the past three years. All this said, there is a lot of crossover with Moto and DH. As for the Braaaap. The verbal Braaap doesn't compare to the grunt of the FMF carbon 4.1 system on my 250f. I was just asking an off topic question because I figured their were many x overs here. I have posted on Moto before and got MANY responses from those who enjoy moto and DH. BTW, 661, TLD, Alpinestars, Sunline, marzocchi, Elka, White Bros, Fox, all MOTO companies that got into DH. That's how close they are related.

mtbr member
    All this said, there is a lot of crossover with Moto and DH. As for the Braaaap. The verbal Braaap doesn't compare to the grunt of the FMF carbon 4.1 system on my 250f. ... BTW, 661, TLD, Alpinestars, Sunline, marzocchi, Elka, White Bros, Fox, all MOTO companies that got into DH. That's how close they are related.
    Couldn't have said it better myself...I think.

Dude, you know the saying about if you ain't earning your turns?
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

suvlako
    bump. need help with where to ride moto in white mountains. anyone?

Low speed, High Drag
    Try posting the same question here, I'm sure you'll get an answer one way or another,

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=50

And take a look here, although I don't see any trails listed further east than Phoenix.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/wheretoride.php?f=262
    I need a cool saying to put here.

mtbr member
    so why the educational tude bro ham

I'm sure if you hit up the FS they could help you out the best, just leave the tude, you might get turned on to some goods

suvlako
    The tude? Was this directed at me? What in my thread constituted "tude"?

AZ
    banned
    In the Springerville Ranger Distict therenis but one [1] ohv trail , 25 miles total out and back . The name of the trail system is Saffel Canyon OHV Trail . If you decide you need directions to this trail p.m. me .

Low speed, High Drag
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokenspokesSteve-o
    so why the educational tude bro ham

I'm sure if you hit up the FS they could help you out the best, just leave the tude, you might get turned on to some goods
    Who is this directed at, me or suvlako?
    I need a cool saying to put here.

mtbr member
    I appreciate most things two wheeled and I doubt if there are many people who have done more days up at the mountain this summerthan me. No need to sell me on the merits of DH as it has become my passion over the past three years. All this said, there is a lot of crossover with Moto and DH. As for the Braaaap. The verbal Braaap doesn't compare to the grunt of the FMF carbon 4.1 system on my 250f. I was just asking an off topic question because I figured their were many x overs here. I have posted on Moto before and got MANY responses from those who enjoy moto and DH. BTW, 661, TLD, Alpinestars, Sunline, marzocchi, Elka, White Bros, Fox, all MOTO companies that got into DH. That's how close they are related.
    REALLY

prim example of educational tude

never mind me.....just cause I haven't ridden in about a week. Family reunion its not that bad.

lots of riding to be had, theres a cat that builds his own stuff up here fer moto, supos to be some tech. single trk with booters and burms, again fer moto. not sure where though so no help, just gata hit the right people up

either way lots of open land to ride, and I would highly recommend hitting up the FS.

not trying to cat fight, just calling it like I read it

mtbr member
    and yes I like icon smilies

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ShortBusJames
    No moto help here.
    Try ThumperTalk. . . .
    . . . Why's that?

Suvlako, I have never been up in the white mountains to ride moto. I'll ask around. If I come up with anything, I'll pass it along to you.

Jeff

suvlako

We the people ...

I guess this was an acceptable attitude? Not interested in a ***** session either but with all due respect, I didn't post this thread to have guys witlessly direct me to Thumpertalk. I know who you and short bus James are and appreciate what you have done for the scene, but I am not down with you guys breaking people's balls for no good reason. The "educational tude" was me just telling people that I am not a roadie looking for help on a good training ride. Moto and MTB are brothers in my eyes, so why don't you and SBJ act brotherly rather than break my balls. Friends??

Quote Originally Posted by ShortBusJames
    No moto help here.
    Try ThumperTalk.

Braaaapp!
    Give Arizona Trail Talk a try too. AZTT. Everyone on there is into single track. Of course, a lot of what we ride isn't really discussed on there, just to keep it from being blown out into quad-tard trail in 1 weekend.

suvlako
    Thnaks Adam and AZMtns.

Downhill Spokesmodel
    I guess this was an acceptable attitude? Not interested in a ***** session either but with all due respect, I didn't post this thread to have guys witlessly direct me to Thumpertalk. I know who you and short bus James are and appreciate what you have done for the scene, but I am not down with you guys breaking people's balls for no good reason. The "educational tude" was me just telling people that I am not a roadie looking for help on a good training ride. Moto and MTB are brothers in my eyes, so why don't you and SBJ act brotherly rather than break my balls. Friends??
    Wasn't meaning to be breaking any balls. I work on powersports toys for a living. Just trying to be helpful in case you weren't familiar with TT (I don't follow the moto scene as I prefer to leave the noise and fumes at work). Sorry if I came off as a little rude. Hope you find somewhere cool to ride.
    Now I DRIVE the short bus!!

Help increase ShortBus' rep

Members who have read this thread: 0