OT - Gas Furnace Repair- Mtbr.com
    Shovel Ready

Cool-blue Rhythm OT - Gas Furnace Repair

Anyone within our little community repair old Lennox furnaces?
    Currently at Mayo Clinic being tested for a kidney transplant. Donors welcome.

mtbr member
    I know a little about old CNG/LP furnaces (had an old VW bus with one!). What is wrong with yours? I found that most problems on those are related to the relief valve or the unit being dirty. If those are fine, then go to the operation panel and use a VM to check the rhestats, thermostats and wiring for shorts. Old ones like that may not have parts available- but do a search on the web- I bought a new control panel for an older dishwasher for $35 and it was plug and go!
    Vassago Cycles, Shadetree Bikes, Flat Tire Bikes, Galfer Brakes USA

Shovel Ready
    Pilot light stays lit. Works fine if you pull the read ring down allow gas to flow to the burners. Normally once the ring is pulled down it stays that way until you shut the gas off. What's happening is if you let it sit for a few hours even though it on. The ring/valve closes and shuts of the gas to the burners. This then does not allow the heater to cycle back on when it reaches the low thermostat setting. Yes it needs a good cleaning as it is dusty.

igoslo
    Crawford was the company I used to use. They did pretty good work for me, but I can't for the life of me remember my contact name. I can look it up when I get home tonight.

Shovel Ready

Cool-blue Rhythm

Thanks, rained last week and the roof did not leak!

Shovel Ready
    Fixed it, modern gas valve, little plumbing and wiring. It's cycled twice now. So unless you all see a orange glow coming from around the Scottsdale Community College area. It was a successful repair. One nice thing about living in the house you grew up in. Over time you kind of learn how all the crap works!

Members who have read this thread: 0