OT FoodTV - Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives- Mtbr.com
    Shovel Ready

Cool-blue Rhythm OT FoodTV - Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives

Los Taquitos was showcased. I really have to try that place some day!
    Currently at Mayo Clinic being tested for a kidney transplant. Donors welcome.

mtbr member
    Food is good but can by spicy. Good flavors. I have had the chicken and Marinated Pork bomburo burro. Interesting sauce as you can taste the ketchup, but is addicting. Rice and beans are good as well.

Shovel Ready
    I like spicy, that is one item they featured.

banned
    It's this kinda off topic stuff that's tearing this forum apart.

Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by JrockFeltaz
    It's this kinda off topic stuff that's tearing this forum apart.
    Weak, this spot fuels the SOMO MTB crowd! Much more relevant then any Argentina post!

mtbr member

Awesome

I stopped there after a ride with Kaboose and Rod yestersday after seeing it on TV. All I can say is WOW! I had the three taco plate, 1 chicken, 1 beef and 1 pork plus rice and beans. The chicken was my favorite but they were all good. I would definately reccomend this place.
    I'm tired of chasing my dreams, I'm just gonna find out where they're going and hook up with them later!

mtbr member
    the best thing to get at LT is the tacos. Hard to find better.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by trb2929
    Weak, this spot fuels the SOMO MTB crowd! Much more relevant then any Argentina post!

I forgot these

Just Joshin' ya!
    I have made it a point to visit every DDD reviewed joint in the valley. Just for the fun of it, here is my list. It would be interesting to see what others think. I like this thread!

1. Las Taquitos - Love, love, love it. Especially after a ride.
    2. Robertos - Okay but not as great as the show made it out to be.
    3. El Chino Bandido - Pretty good, a little funky, but I liked it.
    4. Matt's Big Breakfast - One of the best in Phoenix, outstanding
    5. Over Easy - More like Over Rated
    6. Guiseppe's - Really good food but the staff is having trouble handling the attention.
    7. Thee Pitts Again - Haven't been there yet.
    8. Joe's Farm Grill - Haven't been there yet, but next on the list.
    9. Haus Murphys - Good Beer and the food is pretty good, but it is a little dingy in that joint. Definitely a dive. If you like German, which I am not a fan of, it is a good place to go.
    10. La Piazza al Forno - In no way is this place even in the same league as Cibo or Pizzeria Bianco, but it ain't bad. The Italian Stallion is pretty good for a meat pizza. The pasta is okay, but if anyone thinks this stuff could take down the two best pizza joints in the city, or possibly in the country depending on who you talk to, they're crazy.
    Getting a dropper post is like getting a bidet. I didn't know I needed one until I get one and boy, does my ass thank me.

mtbr member
    I'm kinda under the impression that Guy will basically eat and like everything. I really liked Los Taquitos, but after having tried Carolinas a few weeks ago after hitting up T100 I liked them just as much. That being said, if you are ever in San Francisco you have to try Dottie's True blue cafe. Best Pancakes I have ever had, but Guy raved so much about the Cornbread with the jalapeno jelly and I thought it was just ok. Pancakes are worth the trip though

mtbr member

Not bad, good BBQ.

Overrated in my opinion. It was good, but not great. Way the eff out there too.
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog View Post
    I think he was born around the time of the Chernobyl fallout which would explain a lot.

mtbr member
    It was actually a repeat. We went after it was originally on. It was okay, but I guess I was expecting something a bit more.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

Shovel Ready

Cool-blue Rhythm

Quote Originally Posted by skinny-tire
    It was actually a repeat. We went after it was originally on. It was okay, but I guess I was expecting something a bit more.
    Since I ride some from Cave Creek and T-bird. I think I hit up Carolina's one of these days. Only thing that sucks is I'm so limited now on the renal diet.

sixsixtysix
    The secret to Los Taquitos is their food that is not on the menu. But I am not telling what those things are, its bad enough the line is out the door always because of that show.

Shovel Ready

Cool-blue Rhythm

Quote Originally Posted by sixsixtysix
    The secret to Los Taquitos is their food that is not on the menu. But I am not telling what those things are, its bad enough the line is out the door always because of that show.
    If I'm going to be adding to the line you might as well let me know the special dishes.

sixsixtysix
    If I'm going to be adding to the line you might as well let me know the special dishes.
    Sorry, but they are the secrets of the Cactus Crew who eat there almost every day, most are custom creations developed from mixing and matching what's good

mtbr member
    Tim, just order the tacos "animal style" and you're in.

I love bike!

Re: Joe's Farm Grill

BBQ Chicken Pizza is best I've ever had and by far best thing on the menu IMO. Otherwise, I think the Grill is a bit overrated.

On the other hand...

Joe's BBQ (owned by same people) in downtown Gilbert is THA BOMB!!! Pulled pork, beef brisket, and baked beans are mouth wateringly delicious

sprocket
    TACO BELL is by far the most consistent and great tasting food in the Universe.

Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by yetisurly
    You're a sick man!

banned
    why do you hate america?

sprocket
    Because we are lazy and have not attacked Argentina yet to claim the oil.

banned
    Because we are lazy and have not attacked Argentina yet to claim the oil.
    hitting the flask at work again?

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Joes farm grill, sweet potato fries are the best on the menu with there mango salsa. blue bacon burger is good as well.

sprocket
    hitting the flask at work again?
    Do you have any patch kits?

banned
    Do you have any patch kits?

yes. I have a dandy one from absolute bikes

sprocket
    yes. I have a dandy one from absolute bikes
    hmmm.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Los Taquitos: Marinated Pork Burrito + Carne Asada Taco + spicy carrot mix snacks + red salsa = Win.

banned
    hmmm.

???????

sprocket
    ???????
    can I borrow that patch kit?

PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    I go by Giuseppe's at least once a week and it had maybe two tables full each time in the past. Went by last Thursday and there was a huge wait!
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

banned
    can I borrow that patch kit?

dude, they are like 2.99 at REI.

sprocket
    dude, they are like 2.99 at REI.
    toothless bearded hag!

banned
    toothless bearded hag!

ask the russian. heKnows

parenting for gnarness
    Indigo Joe's now has wireless. case closed.
    YES to Scottsdale Prop 420
    Our Preserve, Our Taxes, Our Vote

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cramey
    Los Taquitos: Marinated Pork Burrito + Carne Asada Taco + spicy carrot mix snacks + red salsa = Win.
    the marinated pork is phenomenal. I can't order anything else there I like it so much.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chollaball
    Indigo Joe's now has wireless. case closed.
    Nothing beats a long day on the trail better that parking the bike, whipping out the laptop, ordering a Bud on tap, firing up the laptop and shopping on ebay!!!!!

Please recommend something that is not in BFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ouch, I am hot!
    1. Las Taquitos - Good.
    2. Robertos - Have Not Been There.
    3. El Chino Bandido - Will Try.
    4. Matt's Big Breakfast - Very Good, But Not Worth the Wait or the Fact that they refuse to estimate the wait.
    5. Over Easy - Good, but you must order the right item. The mushroom dishes, if you like mushrooms, are awesome.
    6. Guiseppe's - I loved this place. Only place In Phoenix I have been to that serves Gorgonzola, the real stuff, the right way.

10. La Piazza al Forno - I have only been to Pizzeria Bianco and I can tell you that the wait is triple that of Matt's and it definately NOT worth it. I am not saying the pizza is bad. It just ain't worth the wait. I don't think any pizza is worth waiting that long.
    I AM JUST A JERK

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirdir
    1. Las Taquitos - Good.
    2. Robertos - Have Not Been There.
    3. El Chino Bandido - Will Try.
    4. Matt's Big Breakfast - Very Good, But Not Worth the Wait or the Fact that they refuse to estimate the wait.
    5. Over Easy - Good, but you must order the right item. The mushroom dishes, if you like mushrooms, are awesome.
    6. Guiseppe's - I loved this place. Only place In Phoenix I have been to that serves Gorgonzola, the real stuff, the right way.

10. La Piazza al Forno - I have only been to Pizzeria Bianco and I can tell you that the wait is triple that of Matt's and it definately NOT worth it. I am not saying the pizza is bad. It just ain't worth the wait. I don't think any pizza is worth waiting that long.
    Couldn't agree more with you about Pizzeria Bianco. I've been once, hated that we had to wait TWO hours to sit at the crowded bar, and was not overly impressed with the food. But I admit, I like "normal" pizza toppings a la Mamas or Zach's on UA campus.

Has anybody been to The Parlor? It was featured TWICE in latest issue of Phoenix Mag. First, as one of the top 23 new restaurants in Phx, and then a separate standalone feature. I don't think it's strictly a pizza place, but looks like they specialize in pizza.

Just Joshin' ya!
    Couldn't agree more with you about Pizzeria Bianco. I've been once, hated that we had to wait TWO hours to sit at the crowded bar, and was not overly impressed with the food. But I admit, I like "normal" pizza toppings a la Mamas or Zach's on UA campus.

Has anybody been to The Parlor? It was featured TWICE in latest issue of Phoenix Mag. First, as one of the top 23 new restaurants in Phx, and then a separate standalone feature. I don't think it's strictly a pizza place, but looks like they specialize in pizza.
    I have not been but I have a few friends who have gone and they think it is pretty darn good. It is another place I need to get to.

BTW, I stopped by Carolina's this morning....I do not go there enough. That was one hell of a burrito. I always forget how good it is. All kinds of people just love that stuff. It is alway interesting to see white people in the real barrio.
    Getting a dropper post is like getting a bidet. I didn't know I needed one until I get one and boy, does my ass thank me.

oh Lucky me
    Quote Originally Posted by NMPhi767
    I have made it a point to visit every DDD reviewed joint in the valley. Just for the fun of it, here is my list. It would be interesting to see what others think. I like this thread!

1. Las Taquitos - Love, love, love it. Especially after a ride.
    2. Robertos - Okay but not as great as the show made it out to be.
    3. El Chino Bandido - Pretty good, a little funky, but I liked it.
    4. Matt's Big Breakfast - One of the best in Phoenix, outstanding
    5. Over Easy - More like Over Rated
    6. Guiseppe's - Really good food but the staff is having trouble handling the attention.
    9. Haus Murphys - Good Beer and the food is pretty good, but it is a little dingy in that joint. Definitely a dive. If you like German, which I am not a fan of, it is a good place to go.
    10. La Piazza al Forno - In no way is this place even in the same league as Cibo or Pizzeria Bianco, but it ain't bad. The Italian Stallion is pretty good for a meat pizza. The pasta is okay, but if anyone thinks this stuff could take down the two best pizza joints in the city, or possibly in the country depending on who you talk to, they're crazy.
    its good, its a bit dry, but if you smother whatever you get with their bbq sauce...its all good
    ...Dying is the easy part, its living that's the challenge...

Meatbomb
    If you like your mexican food authentica, you have to try Huauchinango in the little plaza at Miller and McKellips in Scottsdale.

their guac sauce is muy bueno !!!

http://www.yelp.com/biz/huauchinango...ill-scottsdale
    Last edited by Phillbo; 09-30-2009 at 12:33 PM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Mtn bikers need fuel and that is why I love Chipotle Mexican Grille. Yes, I know it is a chain but quality ingredients all the way-albeit high in Carbs. Filiberto's has made the Dirty Diner several times and several locations around the Valley. Gotta check out Hauchinango! Anyone ever hit the huge salad bar at Whole Foods post ride? They also have lots of good cold microbrews. Better yet, anyone ever get kicked out of Whole Foods for drinking too much beer???????

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    can anyone recommend good mexican in north phoenix near 101 and tatum or 101 and scottsdale? i'll be there in november and want to eat some good mexican food while i'm out there. the mexican here in ny sucks. chipotle is great but i want authentic.

Meatbomb
    you're not going to find authintica in north scottsdale. You have to go where the mexicans live, south scottsdale.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by roc865
    can anyone recommend good mexican in north phoenix near 101 and tatum or 101 and scottsdale? i'll be there in november and want to eat some good mexican food while i'm out there. the mexican here in ny sucks. chipotle is great but i want authentic.
    Check our Rubios or Del Taco. There is a Rubios on Tatum and Bell.

Meatbomb
    lol... you can't get authentic mexican food from a drive thru.

mtbr member

joe's

farm grill has been awesome every time i have gone there. never a complaint. easy for me to go there that is my neck of the woods. I see Joe there in his Aston Martin convertible now and then and i think i need to be in the restaurant business.
    Bianco's was so good when we went, i built my own pizza oven so i just have to wait for it to heat up instead of waiting in line. excellent.

I'm with stupid -------->
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by lukeduke
    farm grill has been awesome every time i have gone there. never a complaint. easy for me to go there that is my neck of the woods. I see Joe there in his Aston Martin convertible now and then and i think i need to be in the restaurant business.
    Bianco's was so good when we went, i built my own pizza oven so i just have to wait for it to heat up instead of waiting in line. excellent.
    Joe didn't make his money in the restaurant biz... coffee, land sales and development in Gilbert is where that money really comes from.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by lukeduke
    bianco's was on my list but i just don't feel like waiting 2hrs + pizza or anything. is there always a long wait for biancos?
    i waited 2+ hours for a pizzeria in brooklyn a few years ago. it's without a doubt the most overhyped pizzeria in all of ny and the place is a sh*thole.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Check our Rubios or Del Taco. There is a Rubios on Tatum and Bell.
    chain or not i friggin love rubios.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by roc865
    bianco's was on my list but i just don't feel like waiting 2hrs + pizza or anything. is there always a long wait for biancos?
    i waited 2+ hours for a pizzeria in brooklyn a few years ago. it's without a doubt the most overhyped pizzeria in all of ny and the place is a sh*thole.
    I've only been once, and it was a long wait. But from what I heard, there is always a wait. The problem is, I don't think they take reservations. I, personally, think it's overrated, but then again, my favorite toppings on a pizza are jalapeņos, ham and pineapple.

Shovel Ready

Cool-blue Rhythm

my favorite toppings on a pizza are jalapeņos, ham and pineapple.
    1 out of 3 is not bad!

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I've only been once, and it was a long wait. But from what I heard, there is always a wait. The problem is, I don't think they take reservations. I, personally, think it's overrated, but then again, my favorite toppings on a pizza are jalapeņos, ham and pineapple.
    sounds like a good combination to have on a pulled pork hero.

Just Joshin' ya!
    I think it is funny how people always dog on Pizzeria Bianco because of the wait. And then everyone says, "oh, its overrated and not worth the wait." Its almost like if someone says that enough, the wait will go away?

If we took the wait out of the equation, I think that the pizza there is pretty damn good. Yeah, the wait sucks and that is the reason I rarely go there, but the place isn't overrated. There is a reason people start lining up there half an hour before they ever open.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by NMPhi767
    I think it is funny how people always dog on Pizzeria Bianco because of the wait. And then everyone says, "oh, its overrated and not worth the wait." Its almost like if someone says that enough, the wait will go away?

If we took the wait out of the equation, I think that the pizza there is pretty damn good. Yeah, the wait sucks and that is the reason I rarely go there, but the place isn't overrated. There is a reason people start lining up there half an hour before they ever open.
    i will get over there one of these days because i need to try it. there's a pizzeria over here that is a huge tourist stop. good pizza, long ass lines and a cramped place. people can't put 2 and 2 together sometimes. when i see a huge line i tell the guy i'm placing an order to go. you don't get to eat inside but you get your pizza in 15 minutes and they bring it out to your car. i love the look on all the tourists faces when they bring a pizza to my car and than i make a getaway u-turn while the wheels are spinning. it's a beautiful thing.

Members who have read this thread: 0