Thread: OT: Doggie

And I don't mean the band

OT: Doggie

Hey everyone, off topic posting here. I found a dog the other day, I took her in, cleaned her up, and looked for her owner. I found her with a rope tied around her neck real tight (had to cut it off), and she does not have a microchip. The problem is, I live in an apartment, and my own dog wanted to eat that new dog alive. So I had to make a terrible decision, I had to take her to the shelter.

She was very well behaved, knew basic commands (sit, stay, down, shake hands), was housebroken and loved to ride in the car. If you're looking for a family pet, please go check her out, she's at the East Valley Animal Shelter, on 8th street in Mesa.

Pictures: http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/pet/1281224614.html

Thanks for reading....
    Get a bicycle. You will not regret it if you live. --Mark Twain

BLAWG

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by VanHalen
    Hey everyone, off topic posting here. I found a dog the other day, I took her in, cleaned her up, and looked for her owner. I found her with a rope tied around her neck real tight (had to cut it off), and she does not have a microchip. The problem is, I live in an apartment, and my own dog wanted to eat that new dog alive. So I had to make a terrible decision, I had to take her to the shelter.

She was very well behaved, knew basic commands (sit, stay, down, shake hands), was housebroken and loved to ride in the car. If you're looking for a family pet, please go check her out, she's at the East Valley Animal Shelter, on 8th street in Mesa.

Pictures: http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/pet/1281224614.html

Thanks for reading....
    good on ya for doing your best.
    YES to Scottsdale Prop 420
    Our Preserve, Our Taxes, Our Vote

Saucy Size
    You did the right thing.

p.
    Don't be that guy! Read the forum guidelines.

Black and Sticky

Good job VH

You did the right thing. Just today I have been in "discussion" with my wife about why it's a bad idea to get a FOURTH doggie. She sent me this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtvacDkPK54

I really hope the dog you saved and the one in the video find good homes. I still like most dogs better than most people.

Bob
    "Some people follow their dreams, others hunt them down and beat them mercilessly into submission." - Neil Kendall

oh Lucky me
    Quote Originally Posted by Bituman
    You did the right thing. Just today I have been in "discussion" with my wife about why it's a bad idea to get a FOURTH doggie. She sent me this:

I really hope the dog you saved and the one in the video find good homes. I still like most dogs better than most people.

Bob
    i concur!!
    ...Dying is the easy part, its living that's the challenge...

I'm with stupid -------->
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Bituman

Bob
    I have three dogs as well and couldn't imagine getting a fourth...

The first one was a companion, the second was to be the first's friend while we were at work, and the third was only suppose to stay for a few days (4 years later... still here). The more you have the hard things get, exponentially.

However, if you do want one my wife is on the board of a local animal shelter... she is always "fixing people up"

OP - You did all you could. Good for you.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I have one dog and on occasion I have had a stray I took in for a few days until I could find an owner. My dog is lightly territorial and might growl a little if another dog gets near her food bowl but in general just didn't like the competition. If the other dog was in, she was out, if the other dog went out, she came in...

Now I do think she would like a cat friend but I am so allergic I sneeze when I see one on tv....
    and the lurker returns to the dark corner

Members who have read this thread: 0