OT, but 2-wheel offroad- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

OT, but 2-wheel offroad

my gopro vid from last weekend's vintage motocross race. You older motocross types will enjoy this for sure. On bike and trackside clips of practice and race laps.
    Enjoy

Rob

Meatbomb
    Brings back memories .. I had a Husky just like the one at 1:46.

Use to race at Beeline a bit but was much more into desert racing than MX. The whiplash races were always a good time.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Thanks, brought back good memories.....Suzuki RM125 bought new in the 70's, best bike I ever owned.

mtbr member
    That RM125 looks about the same year as my RM400...I think it was a 78? I bought it from the original owner who had to sell it because after scaring the sh*t out of himself, his wife didn't want him to have it. It was a great bike, but ultimately became a wad of twisted and broken parts after a bad landing in the sand dunes.
    The secret to mountain biking is pretty simple. The slower you go the more likely it is you’ll crash.
    - Julie Furtado

mtbr member
    My RM is a '77. '78 had a the plastic tank. I like the 125's and 250's that I can ride wide open and not get into big trouble. Not many can ride a open class bike to it's full performance anyway. All my racing is on mid 1970's-1980's bikes (TM125, RM125, Bultaco 250 Pursang) like I had when I was much younger. They are so much fun racing over 30 years later, and being a cyclist I have a fitness advantage over a lot of these guys. So it's a big 2-wheel addiction for me...mtbing, mx, road biking, sport touring(V-strom 650)...I'm just not right.

Meatbomb
    Combat Wombat

I've been thinking about getting into sport touring aspect a little lately... Are there any good clubs around to join for rides, ask advice on bikes etc...

mtbr member
    Cool vid! Would love to do some vintage MX sometime.

Along the lines of vintage motorcycles, I rode my pops 74 TL 125 (punched out to 150) at a trials event I set up a few months back. Had a blast! Riding that thing at the intermediate level is as challenging as riding my modern trials bike at the expert level. Everything is about 10 times as slow, or is a "suggestion"; like suggesting that the brakes, clutch, suspension, steering, or throttle work, lol...

In action, rocking the Sammy Miller shirt of course...

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I had a 1973 Combat Wombat, great bike when it ran, lots of ingition troubles, but had some good and memorable times on it...

Members who have read this thread: 0