OT/AZ stuff: CJ's Desert Dwellers: Ctenuchid Moth & SPAM!!!- Mtbr.com
    wowarizona.com
    Jan 2004

OT/AZ stuff: CJ's Desert Dwellers: Ctenuchid Moth & SPAM!!!

CJ's Desert Dwellers: Ctenuchid Moth

Ctenuchid Moth Ctenucha venosa
    Family: Arctiidae
    Size: 15-20mm

tneuchid_1.jpg

…a diurnal moth nectaring on a Conoclinium greggii

tneuchid_2.jpg

SPAM: C.A.S.T. Catalina Artists' Studio Tour In and around Catalina. 49 artists at 19 locations.
    November 3 & 4
    10 am - 5 pm

My little road will feature five artists. World class bronze artist Buck McCain (2006 AZ Artist of the Year), Don Baker, (rusted steel on canvas, studio in blue house right next to the chutes), Risa Waldt, (watercolors/sw landscapes) and a couple specializing in pen and ink.

Our display will be at my 'studio'. There are over 60 flowering species in bloom at our place right now!!! There are large numbers of colorful birds, bugs and butterflies. The Copoper's Hawks and Sharp-shinned hawks are hunting here continuously throughout the day. (Bobcat was stalking bunnies this morning, very cool…)

I will have a 10x20 display/set-up featuring my photos of my 'Desert Dwellers'. Photos will be available matted/signed/bagged or completely 'museum/archival framing and UV protected'.They will be displayed from oak easels and hanging 'floating' wall displays. Additionally, there will be a 55" big screen (set up outside, on the approach through one of the gardens) running a repeating dvd of my photos, as well as information on sizes and products available. The Saddlebrooke Community is doing a write-up on me for their local paper (circulation 5,000+) that will bring additional awareness of the event (to be published tomorrow). It will include a full color photo featuring my 'smiling lizard'.

All photos:Fuji Crystal Archive paper, acid and lignin free mats and boards/tape. All photos mylar 'corner mount'.

If you're riding at the 50 Year Area, stop by, peruse, sit, have a soft drink, look around, decompress…
    Last edited by C.J.; 10-28-2007 at 08:42 AM.
    CJ
    WOW Arizona!

mtbr member
    I enjoy seeing these samples of your work on these pages. Thanks once again.
    "Thank you, God, for letting me have another day"
    The Milagro Beanfield War

Members who have read this thread: 0