OT: anyone here pogo?- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    im4Gsus
    Reputation: kaboose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,203

    OT: anyone here pogo?

    came across this "new" toy while cruising the net and thought it looked
    like fun and a good cardio workout. don't know that it would improve my
    bike-handling or technical skills though...

    also, not sure how to embed the video here, so here's the link:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsaAgOp0pZI
    "If God is your co-pilot you're in the wrong seat!" S Barrington

  2. #2
    im4Gsus
    Reputation: kaboose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,203
    wonder if this will work:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=
    "If God is your co-pilot you're in the wrong seat!" S Barrington

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    103

    even further OT

    When I see a pogo stick I'm reminded of when Ringling Bros came to town with the leotard girls on pogo sticks act. Not as athletic as your video but at least equally entertaining. I haven't missed a circus since, but the act must have been banned in this state because I haven't seen it again.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ruzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    286
    That thing is rad! I want one!

    Ross

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: hikerdave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,074
    Quote Originally Posted by ruzz
    That thing is rad! I want one!

    Ross
    Wonder when we'll start seeing these guys shuttling on South Mountain.
    "Thank you, God, for letting me have another day"
    The Milagro Beanfield War

  6. #6
    It rains here. :(
    Reputation: Umbrous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,314
    Pogo?...I say Nogo....Those guys are nuts! but talented...
    07 GF Rig

  7. #7
    im4Gsus
    Reputation: kaboose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,203
    yeah, i think i want one too. perhaps they're a lot safer than the locks of my maverick duc 32 fork. this morning one of them came open and while going fast near the warpaint loop on DC i went over some rocks and did a spectacular crash upon landing. my right elbow has a very nasty hole and my right hip, thigh and lower leg have very pretty raspberries. the worst was a concusion; i was disoriented and am still somewhat loopy. thank goodness for friends who helped me out and came and got the car afterwards.
    "If God is your co-pilot you're in the wrong seat!" S Barrington

  8. #8
    It rains here. :(
    Reputation: Umbrous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,314
    Quote Originally Posted by kaboose
    yeah, i think i want one too. perhaps they're a lot safer than the locks of my maverick duc 32 fork. this morning one of them came open and while going fast near the warpaint loop on DC i went over some rocks and did a spectacular crash upon landing. my right elbow has a very nasty hole and my right hip, thigh and lower leg have very pretty raspberries. the worst was a concusion; i was disoriented and am still somewhat loopy. thank goodness for friends who helped me out and came and got the car afterwards.

    That's not the way to spend Thanksgiving....well actually you can be thankful it wasn't any worse than it was. Get better soon, and perhaps get that head checked out. Does this mean your not riding Saturday?....not that I'm able to commit to a ride right now...got almost all of my painting done though...later
    07 GF Rig

  9. #9
    Powered by ice cream.
    Reputation: Enel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,310
    I loved pogoing as a kid. Things have changed.
    Quote Originally Posted by buddhak
    And I thought I had a bike obsession. You are at once tragic and awesome.

  10. #10
    im4Gsus
    Reputation: kaboose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,203
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbrous
    Does this mean your not riding Saturday?....
    tis friday afternoon and ol' kaboose is still out of commision. sore as heck and moving slowly. no c-ride this saturday
    "If God is your co-pilot you're in the wrong seat!" S Barrington

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ruzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    286
    kaboose! I am sorry to hear about your crash! I am glad you had some friends with and are going to be alright. What exacly happend with your fork?

    ross

  12. #12
    im4Gsus
    Reputation: kaboose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,203
    Quote Originally Posted by ruzz
    kaboose! I am sorry to hear about your crash! I am glad you had some friends with and are going to be alright. What exacly happend with your fork?

    ross
    thanks, ross.
    you do have a duc and maybe can help me once the cobwebs lift.

    the clip on the right leg is askew and doesn't seem to secure the clamp very well. apparently the clamp had opened, or was loose when i hopped over the rocks and the wheel came off the fork upon landing. any idea where i can get a new clip?
    "If God is your co-pilot you're in the wrong seat!" S Barrington

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ruzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    286
    Quote Originally Posted by kaboose
    thanks, ross.
    you do have a duc and maybe can help me once the cobwebs lift.

    the clip on the right leg is askew and doesn't seem to secure the clamp very well. apparently the clamp had opened, or was loose when i hopped over the rocks and the wheel came off the fork upon landing. any idea where i can get a new clip?

    I would try The Pig. They seem to know their stuff when it comes to the Duc.

    Good Luck!

    Ross

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.