mtbr member

OT: Anybody going to Kenny Chesney tonight?

I'm about as far away from a country music fan as they come (although it can be debated that the PeaceMakers are country, and I always play Johhny Cash just before a 24 hour race as a ritual). The last time I went to a concert where I stereotyped the fans was in 1987, when I went to see Def Leppard. I hated rock, but my roommate got me tixs. Since I had no idea what to expect--and since I really wanted to fit in--I tried my best to wear what I thought was rocker gear, which to me was surfer shorts, and a TShirt. Needless to say, I stuck out like a sore thumb.

Tonight, I was planning on wearing my Wranglers, snakeskin boots, cowboy hat, and my rodeo buckle. Will I stick out?

(P.S. The tickets were free.)

Ouch, I am hot!
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny-tire
    I'm about as far away from a country music fan as they come (although it can be debated that the PeaceMakers are country, and I always play Johhny Cash just before a 24 hour race as a ritual). The last time I went to a concert where I stereotyped the fans was in 1987, when I went to see Def Leppard. I hated rock, but my roommate got me tixs. Since I had no idea what to expect--and since I really wanted to fit in--I tried my best to wear what I thought was rocker gear, which to me was surfer shorts, and a TShirt. Needless to say, I stuck out like a sore thumb.

Tonight, I was planning on wearing my Wranglers, snakeskin boots, cowboy hat, and my rodeo buckle. Will I stick out?

(P.S. The tickets were free.)
    Free! Free you say. That in no way changes anything. You all go on an have fun, ya hear! I am going to have more fun tonight and eat some raw rocks and scorpions. Now git! Anyone going to Kenny Chesney? My god - your house must be finished.
    I AM JUST A JERK

sprocket
    Please tell me that this is a joke. I can't believe a fellow single speeder would even listen to the person who gave said free tix.

mtbr member

don't forget the chew

a can of cope in the rear pocket will help you look more convincing.
    Oh yeah, don't blow your cover by ordering a fat-tire or other pseudo real beer. Stick to the Silver bullet, or them good ol boys might string you up.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by yetisurly
    Please tell me that this is a joke. I can't believe a fellow single speeder would even listen to the person who gave said free tix.
    Well, to be honest...................I haven't been on my singlespeed in like 3 months, so I'm not sure I qualify as a "fellow single speeder" (And how dare you try to work in biking related discussion in an obvoiusly off topic post.)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirdir
    My god - your house must be finished.
    It's been finished for like 3 weeks, but how the hell would you know. Geez, you're worse than Walt, not stopping and saying hi.

(Please, please invite me on a ride. I need to get my fat ass out on the bike again.)

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    you lucky buggar!! kennny is the man. love his tunes, love the new album!! please take pics and post!!!!

so envious!!! have fun!!

sprocket
    Well, to be honest...................I haven't been on my singlespeed in like 3 months, so I'm not sure I qualify as a "fellow single speeder" (And how dare you try to work in biking related discussion in an obvoiusly off topic post.)
    I suppose you should buy a NASCAR hat and go to Circle K and get a 64oz thirstbuster too..

Ouch, I am hot!
    It's been finished for like 3 weeks, but how the hell would you know. Geez, you're worse than Walt, not stopping and saying hi.

(Please, please invite me on a ride. I need to get my fat ass out on the bike again.)
    Finished. Great. Now you can sell it for a huge profit and get your dreamhouse.

Then kids:

One happy family:

Of course, you could, as an option only, get hitched:

On a serious note, lets ride today (if the above has changed your mind on the concert) and/or Wednesday.

One more just for fun, a redneck gingerbread house:

I AM JUST A JERK

BRILLIANT!
    That thar is funny, I dun't care who ya are.

Ouch, I am hot!

So Jeff, Tell Us

How was the concert? Got any chew?
    I AM JUST A JERK

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirdir
    How was the concert? Got any chew?
    To be honest, it didn't suck. And my god, I don't think I've seen more fake boobs since last time I hiked Squaw Peak.

It's funny though. There was a guy who kept having to leave to I guess go to the bathroom. He was always apologetic. One time, we came by and he says, "Man, I'm really sorry. But to ake it up, I got something for you," and he shows me his can of Copenhagen. Funny, eh?

(I told him I don't chew any more--which is true, I used to chew, but the leaf stuff--and he says to me in this thick drawl, "Yea right.")

sprocket
    To be honest, it didn't suck. And my god, I don't think I've seen more fake boobs since last time I hiked Squaw Peak.

It's funny though. There was a guy who kept having to leave to I guess go to the bathroom. He was always apologetic. One time, we came by and he says, "Man, I'm really sorry. But to ake it up, I got something for you," and he shows me his can of Copenhagen. Funny, eh?

(I told him I don't chew any more--which is true, I used to chew, but the leaf stuff--and he says to me in this thick drawl, "Yea right.")
    Interesting. Facinating. Bok-Choy.