mtbr member
    Sep 2008

OT Any Non Profit business lawyers out there?

Hey guys, so we are looking to do a little restructuring and would like to re-establish Smoken Spokes as a non profit as it would fit our purpose much better than our setup now plus we would like to provide more free services to the community that could then be funded by donations and government grants. As two broke ass mountain bikers we are not too savy on the non-profit setup from a legal perspective nor do we have much money to pay a bunch of lawyers. Is there anyone out there that is knowledgeable in this area that might be willing to help us out for a reach around or something? I know I can just go through legalzoom and whip up a quick non profit setup but I prefer to educate myself better because the last thing we want is the IRS knocking on our door because we didnt submit the LN-9070 Flux Capacitor form. If anyone feels like they could/would be of any help please email me at Joey@smokenspokes.com. Thank you.

PS - Although it is still greatly appreciated, please only provide information if you are truly knowlegable on the subject. If your Dad's best friend's late night booty call started a non profit 10 years ago that information will probably not be what we are looking for but thanks anyway

dirt debutaunte
    I was totally following this until you solicited a lawyer for a reach around.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jean-louey
    I was totally following this until you solicited a lawyer for a reach around.

no, that was a open offer to "anyone" not just a lawyer ....but really is there anyone out there???palm dives....

Hey Jewy.....what about Big Steve....he might have some insight on who to talk to.

mtbr member
    I don't think I've ever heard "non-profit" and "Lawyer" used together in a sentence before.

Members who have read this thread: 0