Old Pueblo Course- Mtbr.com
    Monocog Masher

Old Pueblo Course

I am planning on preriding the 24 Race Course sometime soon, but I have heard that it may be a bit overgrown and hard to follow this time of year. Does anyone have a GPS track for it?

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Search google for epic rides, their website has gpx files for the course.

Plus size jersey model
    I have never seen the course overgrown you should be fine. Cholla doesn't really over grow a trail that fast.

meow
    Rode there about a month ago, the trail is completely clear and mostly hardpacked. Start at Willow Springs arch on the Junebug trail. Watch out for errant cholla balls.

Occidental Tourist
    Make sure you have a State Land Trust permit before you go.
    This is just need to know information: Am i supposed to enjoy the irony or pity the sincerity?

mtbr member
    There's nothing but cactus and dirt, nothing to overgrow. You won't have any trouble following the trail. You will be passing through several gates, so make sure you close them as you pass through. If I can find my gps files from February, I'll forward the course file to you.
    "Confidence is the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation".

Magicshine Light Dealer
    We are going to start the Thur and Fri group night rides out there soon, if anyone goes out in the next couple of weeks I'd love to know conditions out there. Usually it's a little torn up from the monsoon and lack of use over summer but the monsoon seemed light this year so maybe it's still good. Cheers Reade
    www.thesingletrackstore.com
    Magicshine 900 & 1400 Lumen Cycling Light Dealer in Arizona

Monocog Masher
    I have a State Trust Land permit, but not sure if the guys I'm riding with do. Is it critical they get one before the ride? I have had one for years since there is lots of State Trust Land where I'm at, but I've never ran across an official that asked to see it. Same goes for Fantasy Island. Do people ever get busted for that?

Magicshine Light Dealer
    It's a good policy to have one, plus this year I think the price came back down to $15/$20 I think I had to pay $75 last year due to some sort of budget deficit. It's a very small price to pay for the privilege of riding on State Land.
    www.thesingletrackstore.com
    Magicshine 900 & 1400 Lumen Cycling Light Dealer in Arizona

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    They do tend to enforce the permit at the 24HOP course as the race gets closer.

Members who have read this thread: 0