The .05 percent

The official switchblade, traildoc I'm the godfather of Sedona thread

Ok Jon, here ya go. Spray away, u know u wan2...
    Make Flagstaff RAD Again.

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    Better bait the hook better'n that; he's a crafty fellow; and he's goin kiteboarding in Costa Rica for a month; hiatus for Sedrama I guess.
    But he does drink Stout.
    TS

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Transition Senior View Post
    Better bait the hook better'n that; he's a crafty fellow; and he's goin kiteboarding in Costa Rica for a month; hiatus for Sedrama I guess.
    But he does drink Stout.
    TS
    Darch thanks for the support. As you stated I am down in Costa Rica developing my kiteboarding skills. I am actually staying at Costa Rica Bike House which provides lodging, meals and bike tours of the area surrounding the Bike House location.

The owner of the business is Carol and she is seeking volunteer help to develop a mountain bike park on a 2,000 acre parcel of land within 5k of the Bike House. Tomorrow we are going to ride her one and only 3.5k user built trail.

She has a dream to build 40k of trail in the park. Apparently her location is 8k from the Nicaraguan border and due to poor working conditions in Nicaragua the hard working laborers are happy to work for $20 a day.

This sounds like a great opportunity for young Traildoc types to be part of a potential World Class mountain bike park. It was interesting how the process worked in Sedona. I just wish I was 20 years younger to help Carol with her Dream. When you donít have lots of capital like the Waltons in Bentonville motivated volunteers are the only other way to make the dream work.

Look at what TS and Trail Designer have accomplished in Gold Canyon. Why people like Billbo get bent out of shape because a bunch of local mountain bikers build their dream network of local trails is pretty humorous.

As a side note the place I am kiteboarding is pretty nice. I take the local bus for $800 colones in the morning at 8:30. I kiteboard until 3:00 with an hour lunch break. My normal kite has been 7M, 8M and 9M. I have been using a 138/42 board and the lines and kites are 2019 Cabrina.

This trip I am making about 30% transitions and hope to get up to 80% with maybe some toe side transtions.

What a Country!

mtbr member
    Wow, SWITCH, a whole thread devoted to all of the awesomeness that is YOU. YOU must be thrilled. Normally, I would have a lot of admiration for a guy your age learning to kiteboard. And I would have a ton of respect for someone with your trailbuilding resume'. But somehow your infantile need for attention and all the self-serving trolling it generates negates all that.
    Veni vidi velo!

Life's a ride, enjoy it! Moderator
    It's probably a bit much to ask doc/switch/ins.guy/fiddycents et. al. to confine his posts to this thread and this thread only?
    Wanted, SRAM GX 2x11 rear derailleur

It ain't supposed to be easy.

Meatbomb
    Wait.... Kiteboarding in Costa Rica? What happened to his vow to keep the PIT TOILETS open and clean during the shut down?

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Well today was my first day of mountain biking in Costa Rica. It was also my wifeís 66th birthday so we went to the future bike park to check out the 3.5 mile trail that was completed by Carol and the $20 a day Nicaraguas.

Carol wanted to check out my trail maintenance and rock work building skills. Itís been over five years since I was asked by the FS to not do any maintenance or rock work skills. I think carol thought I was BSíing her about being a skilled laborer.

As we got to the top of the climb there was a wide drainage that was impossible to ride by regular 80%íers. So my job was to show Carol I could build a rock ramp across the drainage for lesser skilled riders. After about an hour of digging up and placing rock the ramp was built to my lesser skill level.

I think Carol was very surprised by the quality of my work. See actually did a video of me totally cleaning the route with my eyes closed.

When we got to the top of the climb I met the property owner, Jose, who owns the 1,000 acre parcel the proposed bike park is being planned in. Carol told him about the nice rock work I had done on her new trail. What a Country!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The official switchblade, traildoc I'm the godfather of Sedona thread-9d06ceb3-3b03-4a1f-bb06-c93ec2432700.jpg  

The official switchblade, traildoc I'm the godfather of Sedona thread-80a1e1e4-2306-4d68-8187-e0f0b865b44b.jpg  

The official switchblade, traildoc I'm the godfather of Sedona thread-bc3c5853-56fe-4202-9ade-462634fc18dd.jpg  

The official switchblade, traildoc I'm the godfather of Sedona thread-1b73986f-24c8-4c0b-a8ca-4c611a308d9b.jpg  

The official switchblade, traildoc I'm the godfather of Sedona thread-55bb96dd-f84c-4d1b-834c-92deef9e1d91.jpg  

Last edited by Switchblade2; 3 Days Ago at 05:21 PM.

The .05 percent
    But he does drink Stout.
    TS
    ...you were sayin?

Quote Originally Posted by Switchblade2 View Post
    Itís been over five years since I was asked by the FS to not do any maintenance or rock work skills.

Which one of you was that?

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Prolly the one that rerouted the Whole Enchilada. Wether the builder wanted it or not....

mtbr member

Since this is a John Finch thread, Iíd like to remind everyone that his a-holery doesnít only extend into trail building Sedrama but also just general sub-human level of crap. This is the ďmanĒ that felt the need to tell a desperate father who was searching for his missing son around South Mountain that maybe his son didnít want to live with him anymore and maybe he ran away. That maybe the son wanted to find a new life and didnít want anyone else to know. This is the same kid whose remains they found over a year later in the general vicinity of the southwest valley. Who the hell says that kind of crap? Iíll never forget that one Finchy. You can go f yourself.

What a country! (actually, more like what a comepinga)
    Shit happens...

Just a friendly reminder, keep it factual, pg rated and no personal attacks. Thanks for your co-operation.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ECEGatorTuro View Post
    Since this is a John Finch thread, Iíd like to remind everyone that his a-holery doesnít only extend into trail building Sedrama but also just general sub-human level of crap. This is the ďmanĒ that felt the need to tell a desperate father who was searching for his missing son around South Mountain that maybe his son didnít want to live with him anymore and maybe he ran away. That maybe the son wanted to find a new life and didnít want anyone else to know. This is the same kid whose remains they found over a year later in the general vicinity of the southwest valley. Who the hell says that kind of crap? Iíll never forget that one Finchy. You can go f yourself.

What a country! (actually, more like what a comepinga)
    Factual. Chronicled right here on MTBR. This may have been the thread that led to the demise of the traildoc persona.
    Veni vidi velo!

Meatbomb
    He's like a scab. You just have to pick at it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    Keep up the good buildin in COSTA RICA TD.
    Neat to find that they appreciate your skills there---and you don't have to put up with all the hooha from Coconino et al.
    TS

Meatbomb
    And enter the bromance......

Meatbomb
    John, what about the PIT TOILETS and the user experience you promised the public during the shutdown?

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Neat to find that they appreciate your skills there---and you don't have to put up with all the hooha from Coconino et al.
    TS
    TS
    TS thanks for the positive reply. As we discussed previously there a lot of MTBR viewers that donít have a clue about how much effort a small group of passionate mountain bikers that are trying to help the land managers create an outstanding trail system. In Bentonville, Arkansas they had a good number of user built trails that one of the Walton kids use to ride his mountain bike on as a young child. As he got older he became more passionate about the sport and also more wealthy.

At a certain point he decided to create a well thought out super cool trail system for he and the Bentonville community to enjoy, so he donated $82,000,000 to build an outstanding trail system for level of riders to enjoy. Many of the elevated feature are built to last out of 3/4Ē steel plate. If those user created trails built by the Bentonville pioneers had never been built the Walton family member may have never learned to enjoy mountain biking.

Attached is a short video of the rock bridge that my friend Rick and I built for lesser skilled riders. In the video I came to a stop because of a narrow off camber very short rocky section. Since I was unable to power though that spot, so I moved the impeding rocks and made that spot totally rideable for lesser skilled riders.

Carol from the Costa Rica Bike House thanked me for doing that trail improvement. It sure is nice being appreciated rather than being belittled for providing a better user experience for the majority of riders who will be enjoying riding that trail in the future.

What a Country!

Meatbomb
    What about your pledge to the PIT TOILET users?

WTF does Arkansas have to do with anything....

mtbr member
    TS thanks for the positive reply. As we discussed previously there a lot of MTBR viewers that donít have a clue about how much effort a small group of passionate mountain bikers that are trying to help the land managers create an outstanding trail system. In Bentonville, Arkansas they had a good number of user built trails that one of the Walton kids use to ride his mountain bike on as a young child. As he got older he became more passionate about the sport and also more wealthy.

At a certain point he decided to create a well thought out super cool trail system for he and the Bentonville community to enjoy, so he donated $82,000,000 to build an outstanding trail system for level of riders to enjoy. Many of the elevated feature are built to last out of 3/4Ē steel plate. If those user created trails built by the Bentonville pioneers had never been built the Walton family member may have never learned to enjoy mountain biking.

Attached is a short video of the rock bridge that my friend Rick and I built for lesser skilled riders. In the video I came to a stop because of a narrow off camber very short rocky section. Since I was unable to power though that spot, so I moved the impeding rocks and made that spot totally rideable for lesser skilled riders.

Carol from the Costa Rica Bike House thanked me for doing that trail improvement. It sure is nice being appreciated rather than being belittled for providing a better user experience for the majority of riders who will be enjoying riding that trail in the future.

What a Country!
    Anything less than total adulation probably feels like belittlement to you. And for the umpteenth time you are not being criticized for your achievements in the world of trail building, at least not by me. It's your infantile need for attention/credit, the trolling you engage in to get that attention, and your inability or unwillingness to appreciate other even acknowledge other points of view.

Since this has all been pointed out to you many times and you still don't get it, its simply easier and more satisfying to make fun of you.

BTW, I spent 3 months in Costa Rica back in the mid '80s. Rode the original Specialized Expedtion touring bike all over the country and thoroughly enjoyed it. If I were there now, I wouldn't be spending time exchanging insults with a bunch of unappreciative (of your awesomeness) cycle junkies on MTBR.

I suppose it's time for you to ask a condescending question you already know the answer to. Fire away.
    Veni vidi velo!

Meatbomb
    Quote Originally Posted by veloborealis View Post
    i suppose it's time for you to ask a condescending question you already know the answer to. Fire away.
    bingo...... 3...2....

mtbr member
    Not quite. He learned to mtn bike while attending NAU.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by rockman View Post
    Not quite. He learned to mtn bike while attending NAU.
    So your saying he didnít ride a mountain bike in Bentonville prior to attending college? Thatís some good information. What was his skill level when he left NAU? Do you have a personal bio on his mountain bike evolution?

Do you know if there were user built trails in Bentonville prior to him going to NAU? Were the primal builders happy that he created an awesome trail system for the local area? Did he make any changes to the pioneer trails that the 5íers who post in the AZ form would be pissed about?

parenting for gnarness
    Hey John, enjoy Costa Rica! We were there about 5 years ago. Hiking up the grounds outside our resort we crossed over a dirt track, and as we started walking up the track I realized we were going up a gap jump. Sure enough, someone built a DH trail down the mtn. On our way back down we ran into some locals shuttling up with ropes off an ATV. We got to talking, and I took pics of them jumping with my SLR - which was new for them they didnt have a nice camera. I emailed them copies, they offered to let me take a run... was super tempted but new trail, new bike, new terrain, no safety gear all sounded like a way to ruin my vacation. Was one of the highlights of my trip, cobbling together a conversation with these guys and talking bikes.
    YES to Scottsdale Prop 420
    Our Preserve, Our Taxes, Our Vote

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Anything less than total adulation probably feels like belittlement to you. And for the umpteenth time you are not being criticized for your achievements in the world of trail building, at least not by me. It's your infantile need for attention/credit, the trolling you engage in to get that attention, and your inability or unwillingness to appreciate other even acknowledge other points of view.

Since this has all been pointed out to you many times and you still don't get it, its simply easier and more satisfying to make fun of you.

BTW, I spent 3 months in Costa Rica back in the mid '80s. Rode the original Specialized Expedtion touring bike all over the country and thoroughly enjoyed it. If I were there now, I wouldn't be spending time exchanging insults with a bunch of unappreciative (of your awesomeness) cycle junkies on MTBR.

I suppose it's time for you to ask a condescending question you already know the answer to. Fire away.
    V I believe the key to a successful life is to drive you and the TD haters crazy. Without my MTBR posts all the form would be about what tires to buy for AZ trails. I never read those type of posts. I believe I give a good insight how Sedona became a World Class destination.

It would be interesting to me to know the history of the evolution of the Bentonville mountain bike trail system and what was WalMarts roll in making it a World Class destination.

mtbr member
    So your saying he didnít ride a mountain bike in Bentonville prior to attending college? Thatís some good information. What was his skill level when he left NAU? Do you have a personal bio on his mountain bike evolution?

Do you know if there were user built trails in Bentonville prior to him going to NAU? Were the primal builders happy that he created an awesome trail system for the local area? Did he make any changes to the pioneer trails that the 5íers who post in the AZ form would be pissed about?
    You certainly are an inquisitive fellow.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    You certainly are an inquisitive fellow.
    Rock did your daughters learn how to mountain bike at NAU. Since the Walton family was cycling orientated you have to wonder if the Walton grandsons didnít ride bikes before they went to college? I think I started around four.

It was a challenging day of kiteboarding today. In the early session I was on a depowered 10M. I had a big crash and lost my sunglasses. I was separated from my board and it took about 20 minutes to retrieve it. The afternoon session I was totally over powered on a 9M. No bad crashes, but lots of out of control moments.

After I went back to my lodging area four expert riders got hit by a huge gust front. They were the only ones out. 3 of the 4 had to flag their kites to survive the major wind event. They were stepped downwind into a major rocky area. Several good samaritans ran downwind to help, but the boarders gear was beat up and their lines looked like a bowl of spaghetti.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The official switchblade, traildoc I'm the godfather of Sedona thread-2b9ec681-54ce-4ef2-8446-b4d1f189e679.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nov 2016

Umm, no.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    V I believe the key to a successful life is to drive you and the TD haters crazy. Without my MTBR posts all the form would be about what tires to buy for AZ trails. I never read those type of posts. I believe I give a good insight how Sedona became a World Class destination.

It would be interesting to me to know the history of the evolution of the Bentonville mountain bike trail system and what was WalMarts roll in making it a World Class destination.
    What a lame vision of a successful life.
    Veni vidi velo!

V I believe the key to a successful life is to drive you and the TD haters crazy. Without my MTBR posts all the form would be about what tires to buy for AZ trails. I never read those type of posts.

Yeah, the ride stoke from raybum, schilling, rockman and so many others is rather lame when compared to your diatribes. You're a beacon cutting through the otherwise lifeless AZ. void.

mtbr member

I'm referring to one of the brothers but that's my understanding. He got into mountain biking while attending NAU. I doubt he made changes to the trails in Flag. What a dumb question.

From what I understand there were not many social trails in Bentonville. Kessler further south was in existence before the Walton's got involved. The Foundation's role is obvious. In the last years the have contributed millions of dollars with local communities having to match a certain amount. Maybe there were renegade mountain bike trails to begin with before the lads went off to seek their fortunes, go to college or whatever but for the most part it sounds like the trail system started from scratch. What is the point you are trying to make?

Rock did your daughters learn how to mountain bike at NAU. Since the Walton family was cycling orientated you have to wonder if the Walton grandsons didnít ride bikes before they went to college? I think I started around four.
    Maybe they did, maybe they didn't. Does it really matter?

Ahhh the pain....
    "orientated"
    At least if you're going to post such self-centered BS, please have the decency to use the English language correctly.
    Idiot.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    What a lame vision of a successful life.
    V thatís only part of what I consider to be a successful life. I have been fortunate enough to have been born to a hard working donut maker who taught me the power of working hard and investing my earnings rather than spending it on items that did not appreciate. So because of that mentality I had no financial stress in my life.

I was also fortunate to marry someone who was as physically active as I was. We have enjoyed many recreational activities together and have had many wonderful experiences doing those activities.

As we all know health is a major factor in the living endeavor. At times I have had serious health issues, so I am aware how important it is to be healthy. I am almost 70 now and each day I can still recreate I am thankful. I plan on commiting suicide when my health issues are bad enough to ruin my daily existence. The will be an interesting day.

mtbr member
    Fck off Finch
    Shit happens...

Meatbomb
    Quote Originally Posted by life behind bars View Post
    It's probably a bit much to ask doc/switch/ins.guy/fiddycents et. al. to confine his posts to this thread and this thread only?
    That would be a great idea....

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    That would be a great idea....

Yep, considering the alternatives.

mtbr member
    This place is turning into Pinkbike forums with the level of immaturity. One guy starts a thread specifically encouraging TD, SB to "spray away" and people (including a moderator) go on a personal attack crusade. Considering how many of you despise the guy, you'd think you would just put him on your ignore list. I don't agree with him on several issues but I find it hard to complain when I guy wants to voluntarily clean and supply pit toilets when necessary. Yeah, he may be patting himself on the back or grandstanding but at least he's doing something to improve the rider experience for some folks. I know I'd be happy to find a clean, well stocked pit toilet if I need to take a grumpy. The alternative is going behind a bush.

As far as his actual posts, they'd all die off and be so far down the board in less than 24 hours if people just wouldn't look at them or respond. But no, the same posters who berate Trump for the same type of behavior have to launch into personal attacks and stoop to the same level of immaturity.
    2019 Yeti SB5C
    2018 Intense Tracer
    2017 Intense Primer

mtbr member
    V thatís only part of what I consider to be a successful life. I have been fortunate enough to have been born to a hard working donut maker who taught me the power of working hard and investing my earnings rather than spending it on items that did not appreciate. So because of that mentality I had no financial stress in my life.

I was also fortunate to marry someone who was as physically active as I was. We have enjoyed many recreational activities together and have had many wonderful experiences doing those activities.

As we all know health is a major factor in the living endeavor. At times I have had serious health issues, so I am aware how important it is to be healthy. I am almost 70 now and each day I can still recreate I am thankful. I plan on commiting suicide when my health issues are bad enough to ruin my daily existence. The will be an interesting day.
    You are a selfish. self-centered *** on so many levels. You also took advantage of the social benefits of a quasi-government job in California, retired early to AZ, all the while espousing a political philosophy that seeks to dismantle for everyone else the middle class benefits you enjoyed. Am I right?

I don't begrudge you your financial security, John. You and I were born and employed during the last gasp of the American middle class. But spare me the "up by my bootstraps" song and dance.
    Last edited by life behind bars; 1 Day Ago at 11:13 AM.
    Veni vidi velo!

mtbr member
    Well-said k2^^^. Too many important things in life to focus on than getting worked about a discussion forum.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by k2rider1964 View Post
    This place is turning into Pinkbike forums with the level of immaturity. One guy starts a thread specifically encouraging TD, SB to "spray away" and people (including a moderator) go on a personal attack crusade. Considering how many of you despise the guy, you'd think you would just put him on your ignore list. I don't agree with him on several issues but I find it hard to complain when I guy wants to voluntarily clean and supply pit toilets when necessary. Yeah, he may be patting himself on the back or grandstanding but at least he's doing something to improve the rider experience for some folks. I know I'd be happy to find a clean, well stocked pit toilet if I need to take a grumpy. The alternative is going behind a bush.

As far as his actual posts, they'd all die off and be so far down the board in less than 24 hours if people just wouldn't look at them or respond. But no, the same posters who berate Trump for the same type of behavior have to launch into personal attacks and stoop to the same level of immaturity.
    Dang! Dad came home early.
    Veni vidi velo!

Meatbomb
    Can we change the thread title to "Mental Masturbation"?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by k2rider1964 View Post

Personal attack? Ask the dad who was searching for his kid on these forums. Ask him how he felt after Finchís words. I donít care what he does anywhere in real life anymore after that incident. That was some heinous sht. No amount of good will from cutting a trail or stocking a pit toilet will redeem him in my eyes. He can die in a fiery wreck for all I care. Every time he posts on here, Iíll make it a point to call him out. Iím sure he enjoys it and I know Iím feeding the troll but still, fck him. What you say online or in person reflects on your character. I loathe duplicitous people. Everyone says Finch is super nice in person. Great. Good for him. The sht he sprays on here speaks volumes.

So hey Finchy, fck you. Have a wonderful day!!
    Shit happens...

Can we change the thread title to "Mental Masturbation"?

If the Opie wishes to. If anyone feels that this thread offends them then please use the report post function, as long as there are no blatant personal attacks and switchblade continues to engage in this thread and doesn't request it closed and deleted it'll stay open (unless the admin torpedoes it). So another reminder, no personal attacks, keep it factual and pg rated.

Thank you...

mtbr member
    Personal attack? Ask the dad who was searching for his kid on these forums. Ask him how he felt after Finchís words. I donít care what he does anywhere in real life anymore after that incident. That was some heinous sht. No amount of good will from cutting a trail or stocking a pit toilet will redeem him in my eyes. He can die in a fiery wreck for all I care. Every time he posts on here, Iíll make it a point to call him out. Iím sure he enjoys it and I know Iím feeding the troll but still, fck him. What you say online or in person reflects on your character. I loathe duplicitous people. Everyone says Finch is super nice in person. Great. Good for him. The sht he sprays on here speaks volumes.

So hey Finchy, fck you. Have a wonderful day!!
    I read that thread. All he was guilty of was poor taste. He voiced out loud what a lot of us were probably thinking. I've had a number of friends commit suicide over the years. I suggest you get over it and move on. Your hate will eat you up.

I suggest you get over it and move on. Your hate will eat you up.

Word.

mtbr member
    I read that thread. All he was guilty of was poor taste. He voiced out loud what a lot of us were probably thinking. I've had a number of friends commit suicide over the years. I suggest you get over it and move on. Your hate will eat you up.
    Just because people are thinking something doesnít mean it needs to be said. It was downright cruel. All that father was looking for was help and words of encouragement. Not someone telling him crap like that. As a father, reading that crap was appalling. Iím sure the parents of your friends wouldnít have thought hearing something like that was in poor taste about their own children. Sometimes itís better to just shut the hell up and move on (your suggestion right?). And for the record, it wasnít just that incident. That one was just the final straw. Iím perfectly fine otherwise though. My hate is only for Finch and Finch only. So yeah, fck him.
    Shit happens...

mtbr member
    Peace out.
    Shit happens...

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    BTW, I spent 3 months in Costa Rica back in the mid '80s. Rode the original Specialized Expedtion touring bike all over the country and thoroughly enjoyed it.
    You mean this bike?

Vintage '83 Specialized Expedition Touring Bicycle

I still have my original Specialized Expedition. It's my one and only road bike and fun to ride.

-db-

Quote Originally Posted by dbflg View Post
    You mean this bike?

I still have my original Specialized Expedition. It's my one and only road bike and fun to ride.

-db-

I had one of those about that vintage, Special Ed got those right.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dbflg View Post
    You mean this bike?

-db-
    Yep. That's the one. Best riding touring bike I ever had. Cool that you kept yours. Original owner?
    Veni vidi velo!

parenting for gnarness
    well said. TD's an online persona, he's a nice guy in meat space. Laugh at it or hate it, but JTFC man its just a stupid internet forum...

parenting for gnarness
    Just because people are thinking something doesnít mean it needs to be said. It was downright cruel. All that father was looking for was help and words of encouragement. Not someone telling him crap like that. As a father, reading that crap was appalling. Iím sure the parents of your friends wouldnít have thought hearing something like that was in poor taste about their own children. Sometimes itís better to just shut the hell up and move on (your suggestion right?). And for the record, it wasnít just that incident. That one was just the final straw. Iím perfectly fine otherwise though. My hate is only for Finch and Finch only. So yeah, fck him.
    13 reasons why you should use the handy IGNORE button.

mtbr member

I hope that day is many years from now.
    "Thank you, God, for letting me have another day"
    The Milagro Beanfield War

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Yep. That's the one. Best riding touring bike I ever had. Cool that you kept yours. Original owner?
    No -- I'm the second owner. Bought it for $250.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    The possibility that the son of the OP had left town and started a new life was probably unrealistic. Does anyone know what the actual cause of death was? When I commit suicide it will probably be from excessive CO2, helium or gun shot. My 97 year old mom died recently from old age, and it wasnít very quick. The whole process took about two weeks. I certainly donít want to go that way. I am curious how many posters and viewers believe my mom actually went to heaven? Is there truly a place like that for true believers like my mom?

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    You are a selfish. self-centered *** on so many levels. You also took advantage of the social benefits of a quasi-government job in California, retired early to AZ, all the while espousing a political philosophy that seeks to dismantle for everyone else the middle class benefits you enjoyed. Am I right?

I don't begrudge you your financial security, John. You and I were born and employed during the last gasp of the American middle class. But spare me the "up by my bootstraps" song and dance.
    V I donít get the selfish statement can you please explain with more specifics. Doing free trail maintenance to provide a better user experience is not being selfish. Cleaning PIT TOILETS during a government shutdown is certainly not selfish. Building the Renegade trail for free at the Whistler bike park was not being selfish. Providing free mountain bike tours, shuttles and beer is being selfish? Anyway more specifics would be appreciated.

As far as my employment history I NEVER worked for government, where I was paid for my labor. Can you please advise where I had such employment?

As far as the middle class goes, yes I guess I am part of that era. Can you please explain what is your point about the declining middle class? Are you suggesting the I or my personal friends or people I know caused the decline?

V you have to provide specifics if you want MTBR viewers to believe what BS you are making up. I know I sure would like to know some of the best user created trails you ever built.

NedwannaB
    The possibility that the son of the OP had left town and started a new life was probably unrealistic. Does anyone know what the actual cause of death was? When I commit suicide it will probably be from excessive CO2, helium or gun shot. My 97 year old mom died recently from old age, and it wasnít very quick. The whole process took about two weeks. I certainly donít want to go that way. I am curious how many posters and viewers believe my mom actually went to heaven? Is there truly a place like that for true believers like my mom?
    This post solidified every negative comment thrown at you sir. Talking about no class.....
    Wait whuuut, who did he tell you that!?!?....

mtbr member
    V I donít get the selfish statement can you please explain with more specifics. Doing free trail maintenance to provide a better user experience is not being selfish. Cleaning PIT TOILETS during a government shutdown is certainly not selfish. Building the Renegade trail for free at the Whistler bike park was not being selfish. Providing free mountain bike tours, shuttles and beer is being selfish? Anyway more specifics would be appreciated.

As far as my employment history I NEVER worked for government, where I was paid for my labor. Can you please advise where I had such employment?

As far as the middle class goes, yes I guess I am part of that era. Can you please explain what is your point about the declining middle class? Are you suggesting the I or my personal friends or people I know caused the decline?

V you have to provide specifics if you want MTBR viewers to believe what BS you are making up. I know I sure would like to know some of the best user created trails you ever built.
    I could be wrong. You mentioned awhile back that you were a "ranger" of some sort in the East Bay for a public utility where you did campground maintenance. You made it sound like a career.

Correct the record if you want. If Im wrong I will apologize.
    Veni vidi velo!

mtbr member

Blast from the past? On Jan. 24, 2018 in post #69 within the following link you claimed you were a Ranger for EBMUD, a municipal utility district. You seemed quite proud of your position. I assumed this was your career. If not, I apologize.

https://forums.mtbr.com/arizona/your...s-1067180.html
    Veni vidi velo!

Meatbomb
    A quote from failcock....." I was a Ranger for a municipality called EBMUD. They own multiple reservoirs in California some for just water storage for domestic use and some for both domestic water and recreational use.

How much money are you willing to bet that I wasnít a Ranger for EBMUD or a five time college wrestling champion? My boss was Harry Dano who was a legend at EBMUD."

Champion?

mtbr member
    A quote from failcock....." I was a Ranger for a municipality called EBMUD. They own multiple reservoirs in California some for just water storage for domestic use and some for both domestic water and recreational use.

How much money are you willing to bet that I wasnít a Ranger for EBMUD or a five time college wrestling champion? My boss was Harry Dano who was a legend at EBMUD."

Champion?
    Not sure how you define Champion (State, Division, or Nationally) but he was a Div I All American at Cal Poly. There's one thing I know about the guy, he's not a liar and his dad really did sell donuts.

mtbr member
    I was kind of interested so a quick google revealed this.
    John Finch – An outstanding three year letterman wrestler from Acalanes H.S. He was a three time league champion, two time section champion, and 2nd in the Northern California Wrestling Championships. At Cal Poly, he was a four time letterman, four time conference champion and voted the most outstanding wrestler in the conference his senior year. He had a dual meet record of 42-9-2 and an overall record of 94-18-2. John placed all four years at the NCAA Division II National Championships, winning the Championship his freshman year and placed 3rd and 2nd twice. He placed 3rd at the NCAA Division I National Championships
    . Hall Of Fame Nominees

So the old coot beats his chest and likes to troll mtbr. Some of you guys need to get a grip.

mtbr member

So the old coot beats his chest and likes to troll mtbr. Some of you guys need to get a grip.
    Oh goody. I guess if Iím really good at something, it validates my choice to be a total a-hole. Awesome. Iíll make sure to teach that one to the kiddos.
    Shit happens...

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    The last I looked EBMUB was not a government organization. Yes I was a ranger at the Lafayette Reservior. I was also a Utility Laborer, Scoop Truck Driver, Asphalt Raker at the Walnut Creek yard. I was a Domestic Pump Operator at the San Leandro and San Pablo Filtration Plants. Compaction Analyzer at the San Leandro earth filled dam project. I was also a Gardener out of the Orinda yard. My focus was to clean up the Water Reservoir properties that were over grown with poison oak. Besides cutting poison oak, I also did a lot of tree trimming of mostly pine trees to reduce fire potential and improve the look of the properties.

After those experiences I became a bartender and waiter at the Crosswinds restaurant at the Livermore Airport. Then I got a job with Gallager Water Treatment Company. I was an industrial water treatment salesman who did commercial water analysis, sales and product recommendation for large industrial boiler and cooling tower operations. Businesses like Contadina Cannery in Woodland, Ca.; Harris Club Reno, MGM Grand, Reno; Incline Village, North Tahoe; Sutter Hospital, Sacramento and Aero Jet, Sacramento were my clients.

After being a water treatment specialist I went to work as a Commercial Property and Casualty Agent along with Commercial and Health Insurance Agent than later Broker. I worker a four different insurance entities. The last was Arthur J. Gallagher which at the time was the fourth largest broker in the US. I worked at the San Francisco office with 200 people.

Like I said I never worked for a government operation. I also had a paper route with the Oakland Tribune for three years. I attribute those days of delivering papers to my success in the sport of wrestling. I was in pretty good shape as a 112 pound freshman. In fact everyone I wrestled I pinned. My coach became a great friend and he and I kicked a lot of butts the four years I wrestled for him. In fact he got me my first job at EBMUD. After HS I went to Cal Poly in SLO. I walked on the wrestling team as a freshman and within one month I got a lucky break when the varsity 152 lb. wrestler came down with an illness. The coach had a challenge match between me and four other teammates. Somehow I wrong all three match and got to go on a four day road trip. I won all three matches and cemented my place as the varsity 152 lb. wrestler. All four years our team dominated the Division II National Championships. It was lots of fun and a great experience sleeping in airports catching standby flights. What a Country!

The .05 percent
    Not sure how you define Champion (State, Division, or Nationally) but he was a Div I All American at Cal Poly. There's one thing I know about the guy, he's not a liar and his dad really did sell donuts.
    Ummm doughnuts...

mtbr member
    John, East Bay Municipal Utility District, is a publicly owned and managed municipal utility, and thus a branch of government. It's employees are members of public employee unions, just like I was when I worked for the State of Alaska. Still, I owe you an apology for wrongly assuming you had career with EBMUD.

Like I said, I don't begrudge you or anyone else financial security. It's a shame our system doesn't offer more of it to more people. While I am sorry, I'll still call you out when you act like a turd. Enjoy Costa Rica. It's a beautiful country.
    Veni vidi velo!

mtbr member
    Jan 2018
    Yeah so bikes are pretty cool y'all. Sometimes folks are jerks, more often online than in-person.

I hear everything folks are saying about Switch and get annoyed by some stuff I've seen posted (though wasn't here for the SoMo dad thing...I grew up in Tukee riding SoMo, remember the story in the news and that's messed up) but also can tell he's really in riding bikes too. And knows enough about bikes to have a good conversation on the topic. Cool thing about the internet is I can choose to just not engage on any subject other than slaying trail.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by RustySaguaro View Post
    Yeah so bikes are pretty cool y'all. Sometimes folks are jerks, more often online than in-person.

I hear everything folks are saying about Switch and get annoyed by some stuff I've seen posted (though wasn't here for the SoMo dad thing...I grew up in Tukee riding SoMo, remember the story in the news and that's messed up) but also can tell he's really in riding bikes too. And knows enough about bikes to have a good conversation on the topic. Cool thing about the internet is I can choose to just not engage on any subject other than slaying trail.
    Rusty thanks for your input. I am curious if you or anyone else following this post knows or speculated what the cause of death was for the person they had been searching for a week or more? Wasnít there some concern by the father that his son was depressed? Lately we have been having a lot of people in Sedona that are deciding to end their pain. Since I plan on comiting suicide at some point I feel others that have made that decision are in a better place after they make that final decision. It is certainly unfortunate for parents to have to go though the searching process because their son or daughter has not left than a message as to where they were going to end their pain. Hopefully the parents have lots of great memories of the good times they had with their son or daughter and believe they are in a much better place after they make their final decision.

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    TD; if indeed there IS a mtb Heaven; then let us know, cause you'll get there---not too soon though I hope.
    Ride that kite, old man! And enjoy CR.
    Cjeers.
    TS

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    TD; if indeed there IS a mtb Heaven; then let us know, cause you'll get there---not too soon though I hope.
    Ride that kite, old man! And enjoy CR.
    Cjeers.
    TS
    Thanks for that input TS. Today was my first day out on a six meter kite in 35 mph winds. I waited an hour or so before I got the courage to go out. I did OK for an old guy. I donít think there was anyone out on the water older than me.

There was another gray haired boarder who had his much younger skimpy bikini girl friend help him set up his kite and launch him. He may have been close to my age. He had a big smile on his face that was for sure.

Dave, Lisa and Rick went mountain biking because it was way too windy for Lisa to survive the boarding. Janet and Donna took the bus to a small town at the end of the road.