banned

Smile The "OFFICIAL" dog off leash thread

Please post up pics of your awesome doggies being dogs off leash. Please start a new hate thread if you do not agree.

mtbr member
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=613812

my dogs in this vid......no leash and shreding

Kathleen in AZ
    This weekend I am attempting my first 3-dog camping trip with the new sleeping platform and new pup (doggum on the left). I will be sure to take many pics of trail dogs running rampant without leashes But the best pics might be of all four of us stuffed into the back of the 4Runner.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The "OFFICIAL" dog off leash thread-3dogs.jpg  

sprocket
    sprocket
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The "OFFICIAL" dog off leash thread-c2.jpg  

A plethora of pinatas
    Great thread idea!

Here are a few of our dog, Puck. We used to hike a lot with him off leash on the Mtn Eldon trails. We had to put him down last year and we decided spread his ashes along the Schultz Creek Trail. Lots of good memories hiking with him up there off-leash.

Marty

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    This thread is so offensive and threatning! Those dogs all look very angry and dangerous! Please keep us fearful weenies safe and put those savage animals on ropes!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JrockFeltaz
    Please post up pics of your awesome doggies being dogs off leash. Please start a new hate thread if you do not agree.
    Molly was our dog when we were in Mexico last year. She was one of the many "wild" dogs of Sayulita, which oddlly enough was free of any dog poo-poo.

Pepper is sans leash here, but we do keep her fenced because she's untamed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The "OFFICIAL" dog off leash thread-img_1793.jpg  

The "OFFICIAL" dog off leash thread-img_2582.jpg  

Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

banned
    savages....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The "OFFICIAL" dog off leash thread-osolake.jpg  

The "OFFICIAL" dog off leash thread-chewycastle.jpg  

The "OFFICIAL" dog off leash thread-jandosos.jpg  

The "OFFICIAL" dog off leash thread-img_2887.jpg  

mtbr member
    Daugher and dog (Riley) on a snow day in Flag.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "Confidence is the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation".

Saucy Size
    Pups!

For whatever reason, the blonde dog has avoided the camera on our hikes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The "OFFICIAL" dog off leash thread-fetch4.jpg  

The "OFFICIAL" dog off leash thread-kandm.jpg  

The "OFFICIAL" dog off leash thread-dinbag.jpg  

Don't be that guy! Read the forum guidelines.

ride more, blog less
    this is abby
    this is honey
    i like these odds....

I'm with stupid -------->
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by GnarHammer
    Where did you get Honey? Looks like a dog I fostered years ago...

ride more, blog less
    my brother took her in when he lived out in casa grande... worked for a company out there and someone brought honey in trying to find a home for her...at least they found her a very good one
    i like these odds....

Need more cowbell
    Sydney.... AKA "wondermutt"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The "OFFICIAL" dog off leash thread-sydney.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jun 2007

mags and missy

great girls always ready for a ride along!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The "OFFICIAL" dog off leash thread-mags-missy.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    heres mine:
    Daisy and Penelope up in charlou gap

Shred...it's the new drug
    here's a few of my well missed pup...she had to go the great trail in the sky this February, but at least she got to rip bootleg with me before she left us. I also named a loop on DC after her and do it almost every time I want to get a good pedal and some good memories...she loved to terrorize hikers on that loop. Try it some day...warpaint east up to DC to secret left up to corona saddle down to DC left back to secret right down secret back to DC rip to warpaint west and down to truck...6ish miles 35-55 minutes...you've just done the "LUA LOOP". I miss you girl!!!
    Photobucket
    dropping the bootleg waterfall
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    on the LUA LOOP

My other ride is your mom
    Graham (Swedish Vallhund) and Stella Blue (German Shepherd) on the Cabin Loop last summer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The "OFFICIAL" dog off leash thread-graham.jpg  

The "OFFICIAL" dog off leash thread-stella.jpg  

Kathleen in AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Maadjurguer
    Graham (Swedish Vallhund) and Stella Blue (German Shepherd) on the Cabin Loop last summer.
    Graham sure looks like a cattledog!

Great to see everyone's dogs... keep em coming

The Most Interesting Man
    Jul 2009
    I cant take my stupid 2 dogs on bike trips (maltese poodle and yorkie poodle). Theyre in great shape and everything, but theyd eat every dang thing on the trail!
    I Like Dirt.

dirt visionary
    Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona
    This thread is so offensive and threatning! Those dogs all look very angry and dangerous! Please keep us fearful weenies safe and put those savage animals on ropes!

I bet you would say that if you saw me and one of my pitbul coming atcha They typical person freaks out runs and hides.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Does anyone know any places that are dog friendly? My local ace hardware is and I take her with me off-leash and she has a great time following me from isle to isle sniffing all the stuff along the way. She react to me asking her if she want to go to ace the same way she does if I ask her if she wants to go for a walk. When I don't take her my greeting normally has to do with where she is. They went as far as to call her their favorite customer but I had to remind them the dog had never spend a dime in there.

Is there any other places you know of that doesn't mind, maybe even likes pets?
    and the lurker returns to the dark corner

try the town of flagstaff...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ttocs
    Mia's bar in Flagstaff just south of the tracks. Dogs welcome until 9pm.

mtbr member
    Does anyone know any places that are dog friendly? My local ace hardware is and I take her with me off-leash and she has a great time following me from isle to isle sniffing all the stuff along the way. She react to me asking her if she want to go to ace the same way she does if I ask her if she wants to go for a walk. When I don't take her my greeting normally has to do with where she is. They went as far as to call her their favorite customer but I had to remind them the dog had never spend a dime in there.

Shoot, there was an article in the paper a couple years ago that had dog-friendly bars. I can't seem to find it. I know one was Salty Senorita, which is too bad because their food really sucks. Another place was The Vig on Indian School. When we took our dog, they tried to tell us we couldn't bring her in, and were told that the reserve the right to forbid dogs at busy times (after some hemming and hawing, they let us bring her in). So maybe call ahead.

I went to a place in Portland, The Black Lab Brewery, that was awesome. They had an entire back patio that was completely catered for dogs, including water bowls all over the place.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

mtbr member

My boys

Man my boys really like to go for a ride, er run. I get out the bike and they get all excited to go. When I don't take them, and close the door in front of them they get all rejected looking, like what the H#!! we're not going!
    These pics are from our trip to Wisconsin last summer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The "OFFICIAL" dog off leash thread-dsc00242.jpg  

The "OFFICIAL" dog off leash thread-dsc00236.jpg  

The "OFFICIAL" dog off leash thread-005_5.jpg  

The "OFFICIAL" dog off leash thread-025_25.jpg  

mtbr member

rattlesnake season...

please make sure all your pups are snake trained. saw a story on the news a couple days ago about it. basically, they put a shock collar on the dog and let it walk by a caged rattler. the snake starts to rattle, the dog goes to investigate. when the dog gets close, ZAP. the dog then associates the zap with the smell of the snake and stays away. simple. there's a group out of scottsdale that does this. http://www.animalactorsofarizona.com/

Dooosh!
    Quote Originally Posted by EZSHUM_331
    Man my boys really like to go for a ride, er run. I get out the bike and they get all excited to go. When I don't take them, and close the door in front of them they get all rejected looking, like what the H#!! we're not going!
    These pics are from our trip to Wisconsin last summer.
    Gotta love Boxers! Mine is in the profile pic!
    He who dies with the most toys first, wins!

mtbr member
    Cool thread. Here's Elke;
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The "OFFICIAL" dog off leash thread-elke.jpg  

Pivotal figure
    Elke using her superpowers on the shore?
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kenbentit
    Elke using her superpowers on the shore?
    That really is impressive, Elke is walking across a giant cattle guard! I love this thread! Down with pro leash law people!

slower than you
    Quote Originally Posted by JrockFeltaz
    Please post up pics of your awesome doggies being dogs off leash.
    shadow sniffing
    "May your trails be winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view." - Ed Abbey
    http://rockychrysler.com/

mtbr member
    Jun 2009

When I was in Lowes near I 10 and Ray Rd a couple of weeks ago, I was looking out of the door to make sure my dog was ok and hadn't bailed out of my Jeep and was actually approach by one of their employees who asked why I had left him outside. A little bewildered, I said that it really hadn't occurred to me to bring him in. She, standing next to me and seeing his size (85#), invited me to throw him in a shopping cart and bring him in next time. A manager standing nearby repeated the invitation and stated that they are "pet friendly". I tested the waters yesterday and didn't get as much as a disapproving look from any employees. I'll make a point of doing business with them when possible so that I can still let my boy go for a ride in the Jeep and not have to worry about leaving him outside.
    The "OFFICIAL" dog off leash thread-lowesvisit.jpg

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Riptide_1
    When I was in Lowes near I 10 and Ray Rd a couple of weeks ago, I was looking out of the door to make sure my dog was ok and hadn't bailed out of my Jeep and was actually approach by one of their employees who asked why I had left him outside. A little bewildered, I said that it really hadn't occurred to me to bring him in. She, standing next to me and seeing his size (85#), invited me to throw him in a shopping cart and bring him in next time. A manager standing nearby repeated the invitation and stated that they are "pet friendly". I tested the waters yesterday and didn't get as much as a disapproving look from any employees. I'll make a point of doing business with them when possible so that I can still let my boy go for a ride in the Jeep and not have to worry about leaving him outside.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lowesvisit.JPG 
Views:	458 
Size:	133.6 KB 
ID:	545536
    Man that is so cool. I think most places need to be that way about dogs!!!!!!

mtbr member
    Here's Maddie ready for fun.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The "OFFICIAL" dog off leash thread-img_0024.jpg  

If you're lucky enough to be in the mountains,
    you're lucky enough.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Those damn off leash dogs!

mtbr member
    These aren't my dogs, but I felt this thread could use this...

mtbr member
    Bikepacking in Tucson this spring

Sedona this spring

Kathleen in AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by DankyCass
    These aren't my dogs, but I felt this thread could use this...
    DH doggie style!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Durtgurl, last year you had a couple of pictures of Katie running trails with us in Flagstaff... wanna post them? I did not find copies.

Kathleen in AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Vato
    Durtgurl, last year you had a couple of pictures of Katie running trails with us in Flagstaff... wanna post them? I did not find copies.
    This is the only one from last year I could find... Katie is in the ferns.

Plus size jersey model
    Here are a couple of Kenda when she's not at home eating turtle's out of my pond.

As a pup out for her first hike last year.

Cooling off in a stank a$$ pond. Won't get in a pool but find any body of water that smells and she jumps right in.

The hairy wet beast on vacation in Oregon.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    off leash, trotting among the ferns, resting before turning on the afterburners on the final mile to camp. Remember how fast she was going behind Scott? We will have two pups on the trails this weekend. I will bring my camera.

Thanks for posting.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Lila on Geronimo. With the shoes, she can keep pace with me and Ryan. Insane.

Kathleen in AZ
    My awesome new doggie Holly on her first official trail run with bikes. She's a natural! She did an 8 mile loop up at Granite Basin and hauled a$$ right next to me the whole time. Thanks to AZMikey for the pic!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The "OFFICIAL" dog off leash thread-holly-first-bikin.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Durtgurl, has she been licking her paws? Katie has, that decomposed granite is rough on them.

Kathleen in AZ
    Durtgurl, has she been licking her paws? Katie has, that decomposed granite is rough on them.
    Not at all... Holly walked around a little stiff that afternoon and was sleepy the next day, but for all I can tell she's ready for another go at it this weekend up in Flag. Holly is much tougher than your sissy girl Katie

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by DurtGurl
    Not at all... Holly walked around a little stiff that afternoon and was sleepy the next day, but for all I can tell she's ready for another go at it this weekend up in Flag. Holly is much tougher than your sissy girl Katie
    Those are fighting words... Katie will also be ready. Flag is much easier on the paws. Katies longest ride was there, about 17 miles without any paw issues. It's going to be fun taking the pups for a run there this weekend. I will take my camera and bring pictures to post.

Saucy Size
    Holly is such a star!

Kathleen in AZ
    Those are fighting words... Katie will also be ready. Flag is much easier on the paws. Katies longest ride was there, about 17 miles without any paw issues. It's going to be fun taking the pups for a run there this weekend. I will take my camera and bring pictures to post.
    I'm not sure my little girl is ready for 17 miles. ok, Katie is a star too We need to get some pics of them running together this weekend, maybe flying off the Wasabi gap jump...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Here is my pup

how in the F do I post a picture? Maybe I should frequent this place more often!

My dog Katie following my son Julian. Great weekend trip to Flag for Memorial day Weekend. The dog will sleep for two days after this trip.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Here we go again... My dog Katie and my son Julian.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The "OFFICIAL" dog off leash thread-sam_1925-b.jpg  

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    This thread ROCKS!!! I would contribute but I can't figure out how to get my pictures up, I'm a computor retard. jmmorath and Durtgirl, your dogs look badass! My girl is mostly heeler and pit mix, best freaking dog in the world imho.

Kathleen in AZ

More of me and Holly

From Flag riding this past Memorial Day holiday weekend. Thanks to Supermoto for some of these pixels!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The "OFFICIAL" dog off leash thread-p1000561.jpg  

The "OFFICIAL" dog off leash thread-p1000552.jpg  

The "OFFICIAL" dog off leash thread-img_1987.jpg  

The "OFFICIAL" dog off leash thread-img_1979.jpg  

mtbr member
    Mar 2005

First trail ride

Just took our "new" dog out for his first trail ride this weekend. He is a natural.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The "OFFICIAL" dog off leash thread-dodger-n-riding.jpg  

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    a few more
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The "OFFICIAL" dog off leash thread-dodger-n-riding-2.jpg  

The "OFFICIAL" dog off leash thread-dodger-me-riding.jpg  

mtbr member

Kubo

The craziest dog youll ever meet
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The "OFFICIAL" dog off leash thread-017_17.jpg  

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

Need more cowbell
    We have a winner

Kathleen in AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by kubo
    The craziest dog youll ever meet
    WOW! That is quite a cliff jump for a dog.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DurtGurl
    WOW! That is quite a cliff jump for a dog.
    Haha it doesn't seem to bother him at all. He started that by dropping the ball himself and going after it. ... I was like wait.... ...

parenting for gnarness
    this clip came out of my last Rocky Point trip, pack of 5 wild dogs. play it with the sound turned up. the upside is that I pretty much let my dog roam the entire time I'm down there too.

YES to Scottsdale Prop 420
    Our Preserve, Our Taxes, Our Vote

Kathleen in AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by chollaball
    this clip came out of my last Rocky Point trip, pack of 5 wild dogs. play it with the sound turned up. the upside is that I pretty much let my dog roam the entire time I'm down there too.
    Playing that little video got my pack of three wild cowdogs all fired up!

Saucy Size
    Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona
    This thread ROCKS!!! I would contribute but I can't figure out how to get my pictures up, I'm a computor retard. jmmorath and Durtgirl, your dogs look badass! My girl is mostly heeler and pit mix, best freaking dog in the world imho.
    Below the title and message and "submit reply" there's a big ass box called "ADDITIONAL OPTIONS." Look for the bit that says "attach files". Get your heeler/pit posted up!

"No Clue Crew"
    Lucky loves to hike with me but I have never taken her biking.

"No Clue Crew"
    If you ever see a blond walking a horse on National, then it's probably Amy and Arthur.

Saucy Size
    Nice weiner, Arthur.

Plus size jersey model
    Quote Originally Posted by Cenobite39
    If you ever see a blond walking a horse on National, then it's probably Amy and Arthur.

W have a drool machine also but she doesn't hike, bike, or even get in the car she hates it. She rather sleep on the couch all day then go for a walk to the park and back at night.

banned
    Tioga Pass
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The "OFFICIAL" dog off leash thread-deg_tioga.jpg  

sprocket

McFarland Spring

late May 2010
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The "OFFICIAL" dog off leash thread-img_0219.jpg  

The "OFFICIAL" dog off leash thread-img_0222.jpg  

Kathleen in AZ

NRA pup

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The "OFFICIAL" dog off leash thread-holly-nra-6-6-10.jpg  

mtbr member

My dogs...

Here is our three dogs, with two riding clips for your enjoyment

Too many Sedonuts...
    This is Duke, below Hart Prairie, circa May 2005. Yeah, there was a lot of snow that year.

RIP, old friend.

When the world slips you a Jeffrey, stroke the furry wall.

Saucy Size
    This may be the best thread ever started.

banned
    Keep your children on the leash... you have been warned.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Layla

mtbr member
    I don't have any pics to share, but I want to thank those that do. We have two dogs, love bikes and love sweeping pics of the outdoors. Best thread ever for sure. Should get all the different regions to do this and it would be like sight seeing.
    Vassago Cycles, Shadetree Bikes, Flat Tire Bikes, Galfer Brakes USA

Eroding into the trail
    Quote Originally Posted by latedropbob
    here's a few of my well missed pup...she had to go the great trail in the sky this February, but at least she got to rip bootleg with me before she left us. I also named a loop on DC after her and do it almost every time I want to get a good pedal and some good memories...she loved to terrorize hikers on that loop. Try it some day...warpaint east up to DC to secret left up to corona saddle down to DC left back to secret right down secret back to DC rip to warpaint west and down to truck...6ish miles 35-55 minutes...you've just done the "LUA LOOP". I miss you girl!!!

dropping the bootleg waterfall

on the LUA LOOP
    What did you use to make your derailleur protector?
    Very interesting gizmo!

Shred...it's the new drug
    Quote Originally Posted by DustyBones
    What did you use to make your derailleur protector?
    Very interesting gizmo!
    It's called the Clydesdale Guard...you can get one from Cactus in tukee... Locally owned company by some local shredders!!!

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Wow your dog looks just like mine!!! What breeds is she???

Members who have read this thread: 0