The Most Interesting Man
    Jul 2009

Official 2009 Hawes Trail Thread

There is an official nra thread but I always wanna hit hawes for a little minor runs instead of going full hardcore so I created this thread.

Whenever you guys wanna go, just post when you are and if you wanna find people to go with, this is the place to look.

I am the Tin Man!
    I am on it 2 or 3 times a week. Will be there Friday at 5:15. Hope to see you all there.
    Flyin the TallBoy and the Lynskey...Clyde style.

SOMEBODY I LOVE NEEDS A HEART!

I AM AN ORGAN DONOR, ARE YOU?

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    thinking about tonight, if it is going to rain, or in the morning.

The Most Interesting Man
    Jul 2009
    Im thinking about going out tomorrow night, but if it rains friday morning. I would go tomorrow morning but I have a summer class final.

Ridin bikes is fun
    I was out there this morning at 5:30. I went up a hill and then down one, then around a corner, then up a bigger hill and over a few rocks, then down some more, so on and so forth. It was fun; I'll do it again soon.

The Most Interesting Man
    Jul 2009
    When are you going again?

pedaller
    Quote Originally Posted by surfndav
    I was out there this morning at 5:30. I went up a hill and then down one, then around a corner, then up a bigger hill and over a few rocks, then down some more, so on and so forth. It was fun; I'll do it again soon.
    This post is worthless without pics....
    "Nobody ever told me not to try" - Curious George Soundtrack by Jack Johnson

Ridin bikes is fun
    Quote Originally Posted by Noelg
    This post is worthless without pics....

Okay, I like this one.

yes2.jpg

dirt debutaunte
    Why is she hugging a BMX bike in an airport in a bikini?
    And without a helmet....irresponsible.

Ridin bikes is fun
    Quote Originally Posted by jean-louey
    Why is she hugging a BMX bike in an airport in a bikini?
    And without a helmet....irresponsible.
    I really don’t know why or what she’s doing, but its O K. And yes irresponsible is a nice description for the direction this thread is taking.

EDR
    The more crowded Hawes gets, the less I post about riding there. Even though I ride it more often then SoMo, I only post up about rides at SoMo.......b/c SoMo is an overgrown mess already and I'd like to keep it that way

I'm Lazy, So I Shuttle
    why does she have a mans watch on? I think that seat should be pointed up
    The secret to mountain biking is pretty simple. The slower you go the more likely it is you'll crash.- Julie Furtado

aka Diesel
    No chamois under that bikini bottom? Lewd.

"Why, Kate; you're not wearing a bustle" (Doc Holliday- Tombstone)
    "People do not lack strength; they lack will" (Victor Hugo)

aka Diesel
    Ps- I was out there tonight. Humid as hell, and no storm to make it more interesting.

My other ride is your mom
    Quote Originally Posted by eatdrinkride
    The more crowded Hawes gets, the less I post about riding there. Even though I ride it more often then SoMo, I only post up about rides at SoMo.......b/c SoMo is an overgrown mess already and I'd like to keep it that way

I completely agree but was hesitant to say anything for fear of giving this a bump.....I groaned when I saw this thread. Hawes is not a secret and it does not need to be......however, If you're going to post up about regular rides at Hawes, do so with the intention of picking up trash, trail restoration or any number of improvement issues it sorely needs (rider eduction would be a good one too). I've been picking up trash periodically over the past month on my recovery rides and am amazed at how much crap folks leave out there. PICK-UP YOUR HAMMERGELS PEOPLE!

Kis...was that your group well after dark at the mine/saguaro intersection....we were the group coming down the switchbacks towards you before you headed up mine....

aka Diesel
    Quote Originally Posted by Maadjurguer

Kis...was that your group well after dark at the mine/saguaro intersection....we were the group coming down the switchbacks towards you before you headed up mine....
    Nope, that wasn't my group! Although I DID see that group, and yours, as you made your way down. We were already lights off, beer in hand, very tippy top of the Mine trail, watching the light show. And by that, I mean all the groups rolling through.

In fact, we watched you go over Twis Sis and back, then blow right past us. Thought for sure you were going to stop at the Mine, like most people do, but you didn't... just hammered on through. You guys ride hard.

I'll be back out there tonight, hopefully with not as much humidity. Seems by the time you guys rolled through, the winds had pushed out those heavy clouds.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    yeah i was out there to very humid, hot. seemed like it had rained a little before i got there. (6:00).

aka Diesel
    Quote Originally Posted by 88mustanggt
    yeah i was out there to very humid, hot. seemed like it had rained a little before i got there. (6:00).
    Seriously! Started somewhere around 6:45, and I could barely breathe. Had to stop several times. Didn't know if it was the 12 Hour Race taking it's toll, or the weather. But once the winds pushed it all away, I rode super strong on my return out of the trails, so I'm assuming it was the heavy air. Or it was the beer. Inquiring mind that I have, I must test that theory out tonight. That said, I hope it does rain. I miss my tacky trails. It's way too kitty litter out there right now.

The Most Interesting Man
    Jul 2009
    wow I started this thread hoping it would be good so people could go out there with other folks but I guess you guys dont like it.....

and the bmx bikini girl is weird as hell

aka Diesel
    Quote Originally Posted by tannerdrummer
    wow I started this thread hoping it would be good so people could go out there with other folks but I guess you guys dont like it.....

TD... I do like it. It's past due. I would love to have a way to hook up with people! I think it's a great idea. Looking forward to meeting and riding with more locals.

And agreed about the bmx picture. Bikes need hugs too, but that chick looks like she could use a few miles under her belt. Oh wait... she's not WEARING a belt. ;-)

Good thread, and as I said- past due.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    i was quite angry with myself about my performance as well. i thought i just suck and havnt gotin much better sense i started riding. least i can blame it on the weather?

yeah im hope it rains tonight,

The Most Interesting Man
    Jul 2009
    well thankyou. I havent been out to nra yet as I just got out of bmx and into mountain biking. Its so much more enjoyable for me. And hawes is literally my backyard lik 2 minutes away driving and I like to meet up with new people to ride with.

Also when I looked for a hawes thread I was surprised there wasnt one yet so I was like eh hell Ill just create one.

Ridin bikes is fun

Hey bud, were just haven a little fun. Most of us have been riding out there for a long time and know each other from the years on these trails. If you want to meet people to ride with, post up when you're going to be riding and invite others to join you. Youíll most likely get some takers.

I love bike!

TD your intentions are good and I think everyone recognizes that. I think that some get a little bent on this idea as Hawes for the most part is still a trail system that is a bit on the DL and people want to keep it that way. We get concerned that our fun little system will get South Mountainized and everyone will flock. Sure I like having the trails to myself as much as anyone else does but I don't think this thread will cause a mass exodus out to Hawes but will get some regulars to interact with each other. Good idea

The Most Interesting Man
    Jul 2009
    Well anyone that is going out tonight post up what time and we"ll try to get a few of us together cause Im pretty sure Im goin tonight.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    any guesses on the weather?

The Most Interesting Man
    Jul 2009
    I just checked weather on my phone and like pretty much every night this week it says late afternoon thunderstorms 60 percent chance. But lately its been like 9 o clock storms but anyway its suppossed to rain I just dont know what time obviously.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    i wounder what side of the valley they are going to enter from...

The Most Interesting Man
    Jul 2009
    You mean the clouds?

I am Walt
    Just don't post about the "Secret Trail" off of...Disneyland, is it? That's a locals-only section...

I, too, was out there...sweating my ass off. Seemed like it had rained hard on Tues night, as the dust and kitty litter was somewhat packed down, and there were signs of alot of runoff.
    Ride more; post less...

The Most Interesting Man
    Jul 2009
    Well lately they always come from the north and usually drift off to the east and graze us.

The Most Interesting Man
    Jul 2009
    well if I cant find anyone to go with tonight then I aint goin but hopefully we can get 4 riders or something. If other people post up saying theyre going Ill go at 530 or 6 at the power road entrance.

Post letting me know so we can plan it out!!

Its basically just really boring riding alone.

aka Diesel
    well if I cant find anyone to go with tonight then I aint goin but hopefully we can get 4 riders or something. If other people post up saying theyre going Ill go at 530 or 6 at the power road entrance.

Post letting me know so we can plan it out!!

Its basically just really boring riding alone.
    If you're bored riding alone, then you ain't doin' it right. I think it has something to do with not having any witnesses to see me go arse over ankles, but when I ride alone, I try everything, clear everything, and get infected by a bit of megalomania. Plus, I'm only keeping my pace, so no matter how slow I'm going, there's nobody to make it clear that I suck. hehe

THAT said... I'm up in the air about a run (I live in Las Sendas, so Hawes in my backyard too), or a ride tonight. I'll watch this post and see if you guys are going to meet up, and where/what time, in case my coin-flip says RIDE.

The Most Interesting Man
    Jul 2009
    HAHA! Nah just idk riding alone has always been boring for me.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    im smack dab bettween hawes and somo, so my flip is between somo and hawes, and if its like last nights weather , i might go enjoy some less climbing at dc.

The Most Interesting Man
    Jul 2009
    Alright Im going out tonight at 6 at the entrance from power road. So if you wanna meet up let me know.
    Last edited by tannerdrummer; 07-23-2009 at 12:49 PM.

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteKis
    Nope, that wasn't my group! Although I DID see that group, and yours, as you made your way down....In fact, we watched you go over Twis Sis and back, then blow right past us. .
    you must have had a whole bar with you. From the time we started sessioning the cliff til the time we cleared the Mine must have been almost an hour.
    YES to Scottsdale Prop 420
    Our Preserve, Our Taxes, Our Vote

aka Diesel
    Quote Originally Posted by chollaball
    you must have had a whole bar with you. From the time we started sessioning the cliff til the time we cleared the Mine must have been almost an hour.
    I did. I was up there like Tom Cruise, in Cocktail.
    One beer.... drank it sloooowly, enjoying the wind. and yeah, I watched you guys, trying the Cliff over and over again. I would done that too, but the Cliff bores me. And I was too tired from sessioning Disneyland earlier. hehe Animals.

I love bike!
    What section are you guys referring to as "the cliff"? Trying to clear it going up or down? Looking for more spots to help with my technical riding.

parenting for gnarness
    I did. I was up there like Tom Cruise, in Cocktail.
    One beer.... drank it sloooowly, enjoying the wind. and yeah, I watched you guys, trying the Cliff over and over again. I would done that too, but the Cliff bores me. And I was too tired from sessioning Disneyland earlier. hehe Animals.
    1 beer? you disappoint me.
    Alex got it, I have never cleaned it. I disappoint myself.

Ridin bikes is fun
    Okay maybe I'm dumb, but whats/wheres the cliff?

aka Diesel
    1 beer? you disappoint me.
    Alex got it, I have never cleaned it. I disappoint myself.

Come on, Jason! It's ME! I didn't say I didn't PRE-GAME. I had a few back at the car, before I ever clipped in. And you forget about my flask.

(Okay, and for all my posing, I'm actually kind of getting away from the drinking and riding thing. I'm getting into being strong and fit again. That said- last night was done as a post-race, chill ride. So yeah- I had a few. Can I have my heavyweight drinking title back?)

Wait.... YOU did not clean the cliff? B-b-but... I could swear I've seen you do it. The Cliff is to the (edit) right, instead of the left, correct?

I love bike!
    Okay maybe I'm dumb, but whats/wheres the cliff?
    That makes 2 of us then. Must be a conspiracy against guys named Dave or something

I think they are talking about the short rock garden option in the switchbacks section. I've only tried going up a couple times and failed miserably. The quick right turn and rut right in the middle before you hit the rocks just kills me.

Ridin bikes is fun
    Quote Originally Posted by dsittman
    That makes 2 of us then. Must be a conspiracy against guys named Dave or something

I think they are talking about the short rock garden option in the switchbacks section. I've only tried going up a couple times and failed miserably. The quick right turn and rut right in the middle before you hit the rocks just kills me.

I'm not ruling out the conspiracy angle but, if that's it, I've only tried it once and I decided that I like it much better going the downhill way. I always go that way, and itís about my favorite little section within the system. Iím sure though that there are those who can do it going up. I was hoping though that someone would enlighten me to a new cool feature out there.

parenting for gnarness
    I was hoping though that someone would enlighten me to a new cool feature out there.
    there are no new cool features on Hawes, just the same ones done doggie style.

Ridin bikes is fun
    there are no new cool features on Hawes, just the same ones done doggie style.
    That's what I thought. Or are you just trying to keep the cool stuff to yourself?

The Most Interesting Man
    Jul 2009
    whos going tonight?

aka Diesel
    whos going tonight?
    I got roped into taking kids to the movies in a few, so at best I will get either a late run, (with those creepy scorpion spiders thing that LOVE to come out and try to board my shoes like the love boat when I run- no literally, they CHASE me as I run by), or ride tomorrow morning.

The Most Interesting Man
    Jul 2009
    Humid but nice weather...
    Last edited by tannerdrummer; 07-24-2009 at 10:58 AM.

The Most Interesting Man
    Jul 2009
    Today is a good day to go even in the day. Its pretty nice outside!

dirt visionary
    Just got back from NRA and yes it nice out . Looks like it will get even nicer as these darker clouds to the south move in. I may head out later if I decide not to go do some maintance at nra
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body.

The Most Interesting Man
    Jul 2009
    What time are you planning to go to nra or hawes. Im up to go, I got no plans today.

dirt visionary
    Maybe in a couple hours. Been out since 6 and just got back.If this cloud cover sticks around I will most likly hit up nra again to brush up on my skills and do a bit more maintance since we don't get soaking rain much in the summer.

The Most Interesting Man
    Jul 2009
    Alright just let me know when and Ill try and get a ride. Will it just be you? Itll be my first time out there...

EDR

delete

moved....

EDR
    Hey bud, were just haven a little fun. Most of us have been riding out there for a long time and know each other from the years on these trails. If you want to meet people to ride with, post up when you're going to be riding and invite others to join you. You’ll most likely get some takers.
    +1 !!

I was just being facetious about not wanting to draw attention to Hawes.

I live right next door to Hawes and ride it quite a bit. I'm always up for a ride in the later part of the week. Just post up when you want to ride and like surfndave said, people will respond.

mtbr member
    On Monday July 27th @ 8:30pm some cool peeps from Global Bikes is gonna meet up at Walgreens and do a night ride. Want to join us show up with a helmet and a light.
    Check out some great MTB gear @ www.evomo.com

The Most Interesting Man
    Jul 2009
    I was at nra last night and this morning. Looks like weather is coming in so Im thinking about hawes tonight. Let me know if your going and Ill be out there right away!!
    Last edited by tannerdrummer; 07-25-2009 at 04:45 PM.

The Most Interesting Man
    Jul 2009
    Anyone wanna hit hawes tonight?

aka Diesel
    In the WORST way.
    But I leave for Costa Rica at 5am tomorrow morning, so it's an early, easy night for me. Have fun if you head out, and when I get back, let's get a group together.

I am Walt
    so it's an early, easy night for me.
    I guess there's a first for everything...*snicker*
    Ride more; post less...

aka Diesel
    Quote Originally Posted by waltaz
    I guess there's a first for everything...*snicker*
    Hey, gotta save my energy for that open bar and those cabana boys! Hehe... okay, just the open bar. And that 1/4mile waterslide that you have to wear a HELMET to go on. And besides.... even I
    need rest some times. Unlike you.

Meatbomb
    where are you staying in Costa Rica? I'm researching for a trip early next year.

aka Diesel
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo
    where are you staying in Costa Rica? I'm researching for a trip early next year.
    Here!
    http://www.occidentalhotels.com/alle...ayoContact.asp

A friend looked it up today, and including airfare and the all-inclusive package, it's only $1200. per person, for 7 days. Not bad! I'll let you know if it was as decent as the pics. Fortunately, this is a family reunion, so it's not on my dime, so if it sucks, no harm no foul, right? That said, no computer or cellphone access for a week, might just be my undoing. Even worse- no mountain biking!

mtbr member
    Just don't post about the "Secret Trail" off of...Disneyland, is it? That's a locals-only section...

I, too, was out there...sweating my ass off. Seemed like it had rained hard on Tues night, as the dust and kitty litter was somewhat packed down, and there were signs of alot of runoff.
    the " secret " trail is called Ghostrider. named after the coaster at knottsberry farm. and also cause it's invisible to the other trails till you'r on it. ride south to north to experience the roller coaster.
    RAM speed: UP, UP, and away....!

pedaller
    Hey I thought it was called Bootstrapper!

Where's the builder? We must find the builder immediately and plead for them to give us the correct name so that map makers the world over (especially in Flagstaff) can sleep tonight!

I will not rest until this error is corrected! (or until I open another beer)

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by Noelg
    Hey I thought it was called Bootstrapper!

Where's the builder? We must find the builder immediately and plead for them to give us the correct name so that map makers the world over (especially in Flagstaff) can sleep tonight!

I will not rest until this error is corrected! (or until I open another beer)

hey! who was it that suffered dramatic cartographical distress when we were referring to The Church last night? This is serious business!! Thank gawd we didn't take you to The Beetle.

pedaller
    Bootstrapper, Disneyland, The Church, Mudflaps....

Can't we just agree on ONE name for each trail and stick with it! Heck, you folks in Mesa can't even agree on one name for the road! Is it Bush Highway or Power Road??

And what's the name of the trail along the backyards? I think it should be called Peeping Tom's... but I don't have a say since I didn't BUILD it...

Stop the insanity!

Not a Barry supporter.
    *snicker*
    You just lost your man card my friend.

Oh, and Hawes blows. Worst trail in the valley.
    Why would I need more than one gear?
    @A_SingleSpeeder
    EPA = crooks!

I love bike!

Sunday 8/2 early morning ride?

Meet at Walgreens lot, ready to ride by 5:30am. Just ride until too tired/hot probably for 1.5 to 2 hrs. Moderate pace. I'll be pulling up in white toyota pickup with orange Turner.

Post up if you wanna join, otherwise I might just sleep in or get there whenever.

I am Doctor Remulak
    Here's a quick video from today's ride at Hawes.

from azmikew on Vimeo.

Trail Monger
    Hawes is the most worthy trail in all of Mesa. It is true that the water-bars are POS and the general trails are not too technical. But the truth is that it gets ridden. That means people have an idea they like it afterwards. Don't be critical of other riders styles. This place needs to be kept up and elevated to top notch standards. My 2 centavos.
    Last edited by brilog; 08-01-2009 at 09:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brilog
    .....It is true that the water-bars are POS and the general trails are not too technical. But the truth is that it gets ridden. That means people have a idea they like it afterwards. Don't be critical of other riders styles. This place needs to be kept up and elevated to top notch standards. My 2 centavos.
    You nailed it my friend.....

I love bike!
    Mikey. U sound like a freight train coming down mudflaps

Well doesn't look like I had any takers and seeing as how I'm a little bit tipsy I think it's gonna be a crap shoot for tomorrow morn. Prob still gonna try and be a trooper tho. I'll see ya if I see ya

The Most Interesting Man
    Jul 2009
    Anyone up for a ride tonight at 6?

mtbr member
    i wanna ride hawes saturday morning the 8th from walgreens. thinkin 6:ish AM. for time. i can go a little earlier or a little later if needed. open to ride whateva. under 25 miles please!
    i ride for fun, but i'm not a beginner. i do take rests and i never leave anyone behind.
    i love the new ghostrider trail and the mine trail. post up or just show up if you like, and we'll roll out some fun.

The Most Interesting Man
    Jul 2009
    anyone up for a ride today?

aka Diesel
    anyone up for a ride today?
    I wasn't going to, because I'm weak as a kitty from traveling and recovering from this throat virus, but now I'm getting antsy for a ride, so I will be out there later this afternoon. Probably too early for anyone to meet me, but PM with your intended time, and we'll see what we can do.

mtbr member
    any one riding hawes in the morning? saturday august 22nd. if we get some rain tonight, it's going to be awesome velcro on the trails. just thinking 6 or 7 a.m. start time? let me know if your lookin to ride with someone or have extra room in your group.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    ill be out there at that time.

sandbagger
    Quote Originally Posted by Maadjurguer
    I completely agree but was hesitant to say anything for fear of giving this a bump.....I groaned when I saw this thread. Hawes is not a secret and it does not need to be......however, If you're going to post up about regular rides at Hawes, do so with the intention of picking up trash, trail restoration or any number of improvement issues it sorely needs (rider eduction would be a good one too). I've been picking up trash periodically over the past month on my recovery rides and am amazed at how much crap folks leave out there. PICK-UP YOUR HAMMERGELS PEOPLE!

how big was the group ? My buddy and I ride there at night only two people tho. we roll with the 1800 lumen HIDs you will know its us if you see just two really bright lights (one each)coming from saguaro is the way we always go. Im always on a dh rig
    V10.5 with Dorado pro and Vivid Air
    TWOSIXBIKES DJ prototype
    Www.twosixbikes.com
    www.facebook.com/twosixbikes

sandbagger
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash_FLMB
    You just lost your man card my friend.

Oh, and Hawes blows. Worst trail in the valley.
    lol go ride usery pass then. flat boring sounds like a grudge you fall on hawes ?
    TWOSIXBIKES DJ prototype
    Www.twosixbikes.com

sandbagger
    Quote Originally Posted by 88mustanggt
    ill be out there at that time.
    you might see me out there. but ill be going down from the top of las sendas my bike is too fat to start at bottom
    TWOSIXBIKES DJ prototype
    Www.twosixbikes.com

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    im to fat to start at the bottom but thats why i do. hahaha

me and my buddy will be on a black rockhoppper and a blue haro extreme

dirt visionary
    Quote Originally Posted by airmiller44
    lol go ride usery pass then. flat boring sounds like a grudge you fall on hawes ?
    Ever ridden pass mt? far from flat or boring. ANd if you have the legs a 40+lb bike can get the job done.

sandbagger
    Quote Originally Posted by clockwork
    Ever ridden pass mt? far from flat or boring. ANd if you have the legs a 40+lb bike can get the job done.
    most of usery is flat, just didnt like his diss on hawes. Im not familiar with any trail names at usery. Is that the trail where u go up to the peak of a small mountain ? like maybe 100 yards tall then down the back and there is alot of climbing and down washes and back up out of them ? i rode that trail and it was a workout but then again i ride up to most of these places from my house. so from hawes up mckellips to the horse entry where the bend in mckellips is. (i wouldnt park there , you can see where at least 20 windows have been broke.) most the time i ride up hawes road to do hawes then back up power to mckellips and up to my place. it gets hard on my bike lol
    TWOSIXBIKES DJ prototype
    Www.twosixbikes.com

dirt visionary
    No its a 8 mile loop around usery mountain. Not for the faint. your talking about cats peak or something of the sort. While hawes provides nice xc riding it really is just a crusing trail system with a few bits and pieces of tech riding. Have you ridden out twisted sister to wild horse yet? IMO thats about as tough as it gets beside riding up cardiac or mine trail.

sandbagger
    Quote Originally Posted by airmiller44
    most of usery is flat, just didnt like his diss on hawes. Im not familiar with any trail names at usery. Is that the trail where u go up to the peak of a small mountain ? like maybe 100 yards tall then down the back and there is alot of climbing and down washes and back up out of them ? i rode that trail and it was a workout but then again i ride up to most of these places from my house. so from hawes up mckellips to the horse entry where the bend in mckellips is. (i wouldnt park there , you can see where at least 20 windows have been broke.) most the time i ride up hawes road to do hawes then back up power to mckellips and up to my place. it gets hard on my bike lol
    found a map. tell me what trail your talking about on the map. I bet PM would be a long trail and probably rugged

heres map http://www.mountainbikeaz.com/images...ery-112007.pdf

I normally ride up to it from mckellips and enter on nh-w go up and turn right onto MD then take the trail up to Cat Peaks and down the back and around cat peaks up to the parking lot then over to Bl heading west on the map to Mr and then it loops back to BL and follow that down towards mckellips and do some of those smaller trails till im tired , then the nice ride back down mckellips requires no pedaling.
    TWOSIXBIKES DJ prototype
    Www.twosixbikes.com

dirt visionary
    PM= pass mountain

sandbagger
    Quote Originally Posted by clockwork
    PM= pass mountain
    somethin is up with my browser i cant see stuff i wrote and when it says theres a reply i cant see it until i clear cookies and close it ..........pain . after looking at the map i noticed pass mountain. ill have to try that sometime looks like ill need to take lots of water is it a lot of steep climbing ?
    TWOSIXBIKES DJ prototype
    Www.twosixbikes.com

EDR
    is it a lot of steep climbing ?
    No, not really. Some steep climbing to get things going as you ascend on the northeast side but once you get up to the saddle/lookout area it becomes a much more gradual climb. It's all relative though. I don't think it's much climbing but YMMV. Goat Camp or National is a lot of climbing.

sandbagger
    Quote Originally Posted by eatdrinkride
    No, not really. Some steep climbing to get things going as you ascend on the northeast side but once you get up to the saddle/lookout area it becomes a much more gradual climb. It's all relative though. I don't think it's much climbing but YMMV. Goat Camp or National is a lot of climbing.
    ill have to do this next weekend maybe, plan on going to sunrise tomorrow. hope it doesnt rain all day. those roots are no fun when wet.
    TWOSIXBIKES DJ prototype
    Www.twosixbikes.com

Ridin bikes is fun
    I'll be out there; I have to be home by 8 so I need to start at 6. I'm planning to ride to the top and do the trail that wraps around the top of La Sendas, I thinki it's the Hawes Loop Trail, before I drop into Hawes. If anyone wants to meet up I'll pull around the back of Walgreens just after 6.

mtbr member
    hey 88'stang, what loops did you want to ride? any preference? did you want to meet in the back of walgreens at 6:30?

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    we park at the intrance up power road. we arnt the fastest riders,been riding a lil less than a year.

we will probaly go up haws trail then saguaro to ridgline up to saddle back over to haws trail then out ridgline, then trw and back. i think thats the plan. we built a bike last night and its going to be its first ride so we might have to work some kinks out of it, who knows.

skip saguaro.......ride up the road...bomb down hawes to ridge......to mine....down mine...down pig and out to the road....from there....it's up to you if you want to climb back out or ride a vehicle back home.

The Most Interesting Man
    Jul 2009
    Anyone up for a ride at 6 tomorrow?

Members who have read this thread: 0