sixsixtysix

Not Surprising, But Now Official.

Sunrise will not be opening on Memorial Day weekend.

https://www.sunriseskipark.com/

Here's a pic of it as of right now. I wonder how many feet of snow are still up top...

Anyone want to take a guess when it will actually open? My guess would be mid-June if at all.

Downhill Spokesmodel

Upset Sunrise open for lift rides

They actually will be open for scenic lift rides according to the webpage, just no mountain biking.
    Yeah, I wanna go ride their lift and not go biking.
    Hope they don't expect the bikers to come up, clear trails, and not ride them like they did last year's opening weekend.
    I think I'm going to take the family to Mt. Graham and check out some new trails.
    Now I DRIVE the short bus!!

Help increase ShortBus' rep

mtbr member
    mid to end June... would be nice if they stayed open longer during the day if they have a shorter summer season or maybe longer season...they still don't and won't get it..

I'll still ride there as long as there open,just not as much

sixsixtysix
    I'd really like to know how much snow is still up top. Maybe we can send Davin on Memorial Day weekend with a yard stick to ride the scenic lift...

mtbr member
    6 feet of snow still at the top. I talked to Myra on Friday while I was up there and they are still buried at the top. I could not get any good answers out of her about their plans for this season. Who knows...

sixsixtysix
    Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe
    6 feet of snow still at the top. I talked to Myra on Friday while I was up there and they are still buried at the top. I could not get any good answers out of her about their plans for this season. Who knows...

6 Feet? Might be lucky to make 4th of July with that kind of snow pack. Oh wait, thats the archery tournament weekend.

mtbr member
    How is it that Whistler and other "real" ski resorts can open so early? I doubt that all of their snow melted
    Got Daytons on the Motha Ship - Cube

Alive and Lurkin'
    I believe that once the overnight temps stay above freezing and the daily highs get in the 70s, the snow won't last very long. The temps up there have been relatively cold until recently, and high winds with low humidity are in the forecast which will pull a lot of moisture out of the snow. It shouldn't be too long till shred time..maybe two weeks after low get above freezing.?. (Speaking as a not too long ago transplant from a Colorado ski town)
    Pumpin & Pimpin

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sixsixtysix
    6 Feet? Might be lucky to make 4th of July with that kind of snow pack. Oh wait, thats the archery tournament weekend.

well you know they'll be open for that cause one: they actually spend time setting up for the event..two: they advertise it and have a following of bows n arrows w/spear chucker's that just love to create OFF trail trails that spider out to who knows where, then we get blamed for riding them or building them Third: that's the kinda crowed they'd rather have then us...more people more money in other words

Hey why not get MBAA involved with them again? I 'd race !

banned
    Sep 2007
    Come on out to Mammoth Mountain Bike Park in CA. This year, we'll be lucky if Skid Marks or Off The Top is open by the 4th of July, with all the snow pack.

http://www.mammothmountain.com/Mount...ties/BikePark/

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyBoyR6
    How is it that Whistler and other "real" ski resorts can open so early? I doubt that all of their snow melted
    Well thank El Nino for that, remember how we were buried this winter and they had no snow for the Olympics?

Members who have read this thread: 0