North Shore rider in Phoenix area is lonely- Mtbr.com
    fear this

Wink North Shore rider in Phoenix area is lonely

Howdy folks! I'm escaping the impending rainy season in Vancouver, BC by hanging out with fam in Goodyear for 3 weeks; brought my AM bike down with me. I'm looking for people that are interested in riding some of the local hills with me tomorrow and everyday onwards. I can do night rides as well since I brought my lighting gear, but would prefer to do a dry run in daylight first. I'll take whatever I can get though.

If anyone's down, please PM me. Thx.
    Norco Fluid LT
    Devinci Ollie
    Commencal Meta HT AM chromoly

Not a Barry supporter.
    I'd like to do the opposite and escape this desert landscape for some NW greenery! (I lived in Seattle for 8 years and visited Vancouver.)

My 'group' and I ride quite a bit but we're way east of you. I will be on the west side come Turkey Day and will be riding some trails over there. How log are you in town? I'd definitely check out the double bypass this weekend. (My boy has a soccer game or I'd be there.) You'll find a lot of SSer's out here but we ride everything on 'em. You definitely need to check out National at SoMo during your stay. It's a great ride and was featured in one of those advertisement mags posing as a MTB mag, as one of the 10 best or something along those lines.

Anyway, let us know when you're leaving and we'll hook you up. There really is a great biking community here in AZ.
    Why would I need more than one gear?
    @A_SingleSpeeder
    EPA = crooks!

Pivotal figure
    Not riding much during the week but will be at SoMtn this weekend. Don't know of much FR stuff on the West Side other than Goatcamp trail out at Whitetank.
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaker666
    Howdy folks! I'm escaping the impending rainy season in Vancouver, BC by hanging out with fam in Goodyear for 3 weeks; brought my AM bike down with me. I'm looking for people that are interested in riding some of the local hills with me tomorrow and everyday onwards. I can do night rides as well since I brought my lighting gear, but would prefer to do a dry run in daylight first. I'll take whatever I can get though.

If anyone's down, please PM me. Thx.
    Just PM'd you. Hoping to get together for some rides.

Craig

fear this
    Quote Originally Posted by cstuttle
    Just PM'd you. Hoping to get together for some rides.

Craig
    Likewise. Now that you mention trails in the Goodyear area, if I can't find anyone to ride with out near SoMo, I might go exploring!

fear this
    So I went out to Estrella Mountain Park today. I made 2 mistakes. First was that I went out at 1pm, the hottest part of the day, like a retard. Having lived in Canada seems to have made me invincible, apparently. The 2nd mistake may not be a mistake actually, but I'll let you folks correct me. I took the Rainbow Trail, but I think I did it backwards. I started from the rodeo parking lot area, the 1st entrance to the trail on the right when you're rolling down the lot. The reason I think I did it backwards was because there seemed to be some great riding with a couple of cool drops and descents, but I was climbing most of it. Most of the tech climbs were too loose for me, so I ended up hiking instead. Eventually I busted out on the TH and rode that out. That was definitely fun. I might try doing this again in the early AM or charge my lamps and go out for a night run.

Members who have read this thread: 0