North PHX Tue night ride- Mtbr.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mtbr member

North PHX Tue night ride

Tues night mtb group ride. Sonoran Preserve trails 6:45pm.
    Post ride wings and cervezas at Buffalo Wild Wings...Who's in?

W Melvern Trail & W Desert Vista Trail

Beer Drnkr w/bike problem
    Make it a 11:30pm start time and I can join ya, otherwise I may see you at the end of your ride as I start mine. I usally ride that trail everyother wednesday nights with the SSer who works at Buffalo wild wings.
    "Not drinking is the Single Speed World Championships version of doping" -Jacquie Phelan

E-bikes are Mountain Mopeds

mtbr member
    I'd love to join you but the start time just doesn't work for me due to the kiddos; dinner, homework etc. If you ever want to do this route during the day with a start time of like 8 or 9 let me know.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I would be game. I had no idea there were trails there! Are they more cross country, or more chunky? I have a 4" travel hardtail...

I will say though, I am not the fastest rider, and being it's a night ride on a trail I have never ridden, I am only game if'n it's a no drop ride.

mtbr member
    of course it's a no-dropper ride. My friend Russell is here visiting and this is his first time on Sonoran also. If someone gets gapped we regroup a few times, recover, especially at trail junctions and prime overlook spots. No worries, show up, ride, good times!

You'll dig these trails. It has "hilly race course" written all over it. Very fun, flowing trails elevated above the desert.

mtbr member
    we'll give SS'er a shout. AJ, we will do some day rides soon. Put Flight of the Pigs on your schedule if you can. Great all day ride...national C2C, up to T100, Papago, back to start/post ride party. It will be here before we know it. OINK!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pointerDixie214 View Post
    I would be game. I had no idea there were trails there! Are they more cross country, or more chunky? I have a 4" travel hardtail...

I will say though, I am not the fastest rider, and being it's a night ride on a trail I have never ridden, I am only game if'n it's a no drop ride.
    More XC, perfect for a hardtail, mostly climbs/descents with a flat section between the peaks. Climbs, fast downhills, no chunk factor...just grip it and rip! Fun day and night.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    OK, I am in for sure. Looking online it looks like there's a decent amount of parking there too... I am freaking pumped about this. Love discovering new trails right in my back yard! And looking at your GPS track that's about my speed too, so good to go.

I might just bump my road ride tomorrow morning to go do some exploring here instead!

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    It's a great place to train/ride. We did 10 miles there a week or so ago and got in about 1100' of climbing.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RobZona View Post
    we'll give SS'er a shout. AJ, we will do some day rides soon. Put Flight of the Pigs on your schedule if you can. Great all day ride...national C2C, up to T100, Papago, back to start/post ride party. It will be here before we know it. OINK!
    I'd love to do FOTP but that is my wife's shopping day.
    Yup, she's one of "those people".

mtbr member
    the newest trail loop is complete
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails North PHX Tue night ride-p6190206.jpg  

mtbr member
    I'm a definite mabey.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Well, I just got back from a short recon ride. Legs were still a little fried from yesterdays and Saturday's rides, so I only did the North loop.

What a fantastic trail! 5.5 miles and over 750 feet of climbing!!!! Friggin heaven.

I will be there tomorrow absolutely for sure. White Subaru Outback and a tan and white Kona Cinder Cone. Name's Ryan.

I am psyched about this. So excited to take my wife on these trails soon. She loves the XC stuff, but a lot of what I normally ride is too rocky for her liking. This trail is literally perfect for her.

mtbr member
    Is there an updated map out for the new loop? I've been out there a few times before it was officially open, but I'd like to see which sections they were done with.
    I'd love to get out there with you guys, but I work until 11pm, so I'm forced to be out late like TacoBeer.
    "There's nothing like touching earth you've never touched"

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Is this going to be a weekly ride? I would like to ride this, but this week is no good for me.

mtbr member
    I am definitely interested in checking it out again. Last time I went, the south loop was not finished. In Las Cruces this week but maybe next. I am at least going to try to snag your GPX.file
    Vassago Cycles, Shadetree Bikes, Flat Tire Bikes, Galfer Brakes USA

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    So how many do we have so far?

Me- I am in
    RobZona
    Bones2- definite maybe.

mtbr member
    the weekly TNR has been going @ Deem Hills for about a year. This week we decided to change it up and do Sonoran Preserve, which is a short distance away east of I-17. We have actually done a couple of combo rides from Deem Hills-Sonoran Pres-Deem Hills.

We should alternate between DH and SP every week, for the peeps in the Norht Valley, Stetson Hills/Valley, Fireside, Tramonto, Cave Creek areas.
    Spread the word/come when you can.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Cool... will have to check out this Deem hills area too...

mtbr member
    looks like 4 or 5 already.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    I might just join you. This area is new to me so please confirm the meeting location is the same as the Garmin link in the thread. Are we feet in pedals at 6:45 pm?

mtbr member
    "I might just join you. This area is new to me so please confirm the meeting location is the same as the Garmin link in the thread. Are we feet in pedals at 6:45 pm? "

That's affirmative....trailhead parking lot shown on Garmin, FITP @ 6:45.
    Doing the big loop clockwise--climb to saddle, left at saddle, clockwise to connector, SE to other loop around peak, clockwise direction

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by bazooka_beard View Post
    Is there an updated map out for the new loop? I've been out there a few times before it was officially open, but I'd like to see which sections they were done with.
    I'd love to get out there with you guys, but I work until 11pm, so I'm forced to be out late like TacoBeer.
    MAP

On the map, all the "proposed" trails have been built out. Although apparently some of the trail allignments changed slightly from the proposal stage to actual building (looks like they were originally going to use some more of the jeep and other pre-existing trails. Instead they built more single track.). However, it's pretty close..

The new portion of the trail near the parking lot (swing a right as you're heading up the hill...I call this the "cheater trail") has a couple of loose spots. One corner in particular on a little switchback is pretty deep. I have to walk my bike around that corner every time. Just don't trust it. Need some rain.

HHHMMMMMM....I usually don't do group rides....but I might have to think about this one...

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    "I might just join you. This area is new to me so please confirm the meeting location is the same as the Garmin link in the thread. Are we feet in pedals at 6:45 pm? "

That's affirmative....trailhead parking lot shown on Garmin, FITP @ 6:45.
    Doing the big loop clockwise--climb to saddle, left at saddle, clockwise to connector, SE to other loop around peak, clockwise direction
    So is one way more difficult than the other? I rode the big loop CCW this morning and it seems like it would be fairly equal on the degree and length of the climbs? (Just curious).

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by PhxChem View Post
    One corner in particular on a little switchback is pretty deep. I have to walk my bike around that corner every time. Just don't trust it. Need some rain.
    Glad I'm not the only one. This is one of the big reasons I didn't do the southern loop this morning... didn't wanna screw with it if the whole thing was that loose.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    My legs are getting stronger...won't be much longer and I will join in. Dying to join in and meet some folks. After a 20+ year sabbatical, it takes a while to build some strength back up.

One of you may have passed me on T'bird Mt. a couple weeks or so ago...I had the legs that were glowing red on fire, walking my bike uphill on the South side, heading West.

17 Mission 1
    09 D'back Recoil
    09 D'back Recoil Comp
    11 D'back Overdrive 29'er

mtbr member
    both ways are good/equal. Trail is packed, not soft...almost looks groomed in places. I posted the ride as CCW, just in case someone started a few minutes late and could have a chance to catch the group. Just keep a steady pace and you find the group. We will regroup a couple of times before descending the connector to the SE loop. Also a regroup on the north flank of the SE peak. Several places to see a trailing rider/LED coming from behind.

mtbr member
    Hmm, I just got my lights in for some night riding, and I never heard of this trail before. 6:45 is a bit early maybe, but I think I can make it if all the stars align. I have never rode at night before, and this is my first year of riding, though I do ride 4-5 times a week now-a-days, but I still will probably be slower then some of you vets. My goal was to find some trails so I can continue my current ride schedule since the sun is dropping earlier now. How many riders are we looking at? I Think you can count me in (names Mike). I will be in a blue '96 accord with my Fuji 29er on top
    Last edited by tsefreeflow; 09-26-2011 at 08:08 PM.
    Tie two birds together and though they have four wings, they cannot fly!

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Wish I could join, I'm still waiting for my battery from magic shine. I've rode SMP one time and had the gopro on. Here is a link, if your interested in seeing it.

Enjoy, I sure did

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by tsefreeflow View Post
    Hmm, I just got my lights in for some night riding, and I never heard of this trail before. 6:45 is a bit early maybe, but I think I can make it if all the stars align. I have never rode at night before, and this is my first year of riding, though I do ride 4-5 times a week now-a-days, but I still will probably be slower then some of you vets. My goal was to find some trails so I can continue my current ride schedule since the sun is dropping earlier now. How many riders are we looking at? I Think you can count me in (names Mike). I will be in a blue '96 accord with my Fuji 29er on top
    Don't worry. I just moved here from Florida about 4 months ago... so I am still not as fast as most guys out here yet. I prerode the trail today for this reason.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Rob I doubt I can make it tomorrow due to a leak in my sprinkers in the backyard. But I want to ride this afterwork one morning after work this week. CW or CCW?

mtbr member
    Mike and all, bring your new lights, new bikes, az newbies, mtb friends, vets, SS's, whatever. This will be a FUN/no-drop ride and not a training/hammerfest. Not to say that some will not pin it and haul arse for grins on some sections (they certainly will), but we WILL regroup several times as needed.
    Post-ride Buffalo Wild Wings with mgr SS'er, for longnecks and well, Wings!

This do this one and keep it going for a while this winter. Sonoran Preserve alternating w/Deem Hills. Both are good night ride trails on both sides of I-17.

Russ and I will in a small black suv, GF Superfly and white HIFI 29er.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by snwbrder View Post
    Wish I could join, I'm still waiting for my battery from magic shine. I've rode SMP one time and had the gopro on. Here is a link, if your interested in seeing it.

Enjoy, I sure did

Good video of the NW loop! That last downhill is fast and waaay fun, but watch out for that left turn at the bottom, LOL. Note the head turn and dust cloud I wonder how many have over-cooked that one and waded up in the wash below. I have come close myself.

mtbr member
    Fiveo, quick fix that leak, and go ride with us dude. Leaks suck, but don't miss a good ride. Cutting back on watering anyway this month....summer is DONE!

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    If I can get its fixed ill meet you guys. My partner and I just drove out to the trailhead. This trail is in our patrol area.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by pointerDixie214 View Post
    Don't worry. I just moved here from Florida about 4 months ago... so I am still not as fast as most guys out here yet. I prerode the trail today for this reason.
    So, you recognize a couple of flat spots, eh?

As a matter of fact, from the parking lot to the saddle (not taking the easy trail to the right) is about an elevation gain of 220ish ft.

From the lowest to the highest point in Florida.....345 ft........

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Good video of the NW loop! That last downhill is fast and waaay fun, but watch out for that left turn at the bottom, LOL. Note the head turn and dust cloud I wonder how many have over-cooked that one and waded up in the wash below. I have come close myself.
    I thought for sure I was going in the wash, scared me to death, but was surprised how quickly I was able to slow down. Sure is fun.

Let'er Buck
    Its looking like I am in tonight see you then rob, havent been there before is the parking lot easy to find?
    "Powder River, Let 'er Buck"

mtbr member
    the parking lot is easy to find. Look at my Garmin link, satellite view.
    Never been on this one? You'll like it!

If you have any trouble with finding the trailhead, call me. We are leaving my house around 6:15. 43 ave & Happy Valley

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    For those coming from the East.. there was some construction on the way, so if you print google directions you can't go that way. Gotta make a left at Jomax rather than continuing North to Copperhead...

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    That's it! After that vid, I gotta give it a go.
    17 Mission 1
    09 D'back Recoil
    09 D'back Recoil Comp
    11 D'back Overdrive 29'er

mtbr member
    That was a little harder than my newb arse was ready for haha, but it was fun, and for my first night ride. Appreciate it guys for waiting up for me so I did not get lost, but sorry to slow you all down. See you all again out there, but I'll be training there some to make it a faster and better ride for future runs!

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    That was a little harder than my newb arse was ready for haha, but it was fun, and for my first night ride. Appreciate it guys for waiting up for me so I did not get lost, but sorry to slow you all down. See you all again out there, but I'll be training there some to make it a faster and better ride for future runs!
    Mike- nice to meet you! Will look forward to the next time.

Guys- Thanks you so much for hosting this. I really had a great time, and it was nice meeting new people. Below is the GPS map of our ride...

Here's the stats...

Maybe next time I won't miss a turn and ride off into the desert... you can see my little solo-tour at the top left of the map. lol

Also was awesome to watch the D'Backs come back from 5 runs down in the 10th to win it with a Tat-Man Walk off grand slam!

mtbr member
    Here is the info from my Garmin for a different reference (clicking on "view details" will give all the info):

Let'er Buck
    good time last night fellas the dbacks game at buffalo wild wings was a good way to cap it off. dont worry about slowing people down we have all been there and the best way to get better is to ride with people that are better than you
    "Powder River, Let 'er Buck"

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kdimon View Post
    good time last night fellas the dbacks game at buffalo wild wings was a good way to cap it off. dont worry about slowing people down we have all been there and the best way to get better is to ride with people that are better than you
    I can vouch for this first hand. I am still not the fastest, but at the pace last night I feel like, barring incorrect turns and helping remove cholla balls, I could have hung. Four months ago? Not a chance. And the only reason is because I ride with people that are much faster than me.

Stick with it, keep it up, and you'll be amazed how fast you improve.

mtbr member
    thanks to all that rode last night. Hope you liked Sonoran Preserve trails and terrain. Enough climbing mixed with the fast flowing layout makes for good night rides. Deem Hills is similar but has steeper climbs and shorter distance. There is also facilities, which Sonoran does not have.
    Me being the lead rider the whole time, but definately not the strongest, really kicked my 'ole butt keep that train moving.

Also good time with everyone that made to the tap fest at Buffalo W Wings. TATMAN! WALKOFF GRAND SLAM! WHOA

It was great riding and meeting more of the AZ mtbr peeps. Keep posting and coming to the rides...that's why this AZ forum is the best!

mtbr member
    Are you going to keep this thread going for future rides? I live in Tramonto and have riden SP and DH several times but not at night. Did the night ride at the McDowell's Saturday night. Do you meet at the West parking lot for the DH rides?
    When all else fails - Haul Ass

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiefWFB View Post
    Are you going to keep this thread going for future rides? I live in Tramonto and have riden SP and DH several times but not at night. Did the night ride at the McDowell's Saturday night. Do you meet at the West parking lot for the DH rides?
    Yes, the Deem Hills Tues night rides meet/start at the West parking lot in Stetson Valley. Look for the soccer field lights in ne side of Stetson Valley north of Happy Valley rd.
    Check this thread for any changes/updates/weather, etc. Some weeks we ride at Sonoran Mtn Preserve for a change. We also ride the desert trails across the canal from DH.
    Join the rides, bring a friend and be prepared for 2 hrs and approx 1300' climbing.

mtbr member
    My brother and a friend of mine built some trails over there in that desert north of the canal. Did a night ride there last week and met a rattler in my path. That was fun.....

My epitaph
    Working at BDubs in Chandler all this week and then off to Maui for 10 days. I look forward to riding with yall when I get back. If Im not riding Im probably working. Remember to ask for the "Barney" discount! See ya after the 10th

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rode View Post
    ...and then off to Maui for 10 days....
    You poor bastard.

My epitaph

Hope

It's my reward for surviving another AZ summer

fighting my way back!
    Nov 2009
    I managed to find my way back to the factory in East Texas, but i must say that Arizona is calling me! Thanks everyone that joined us for the tuesday nite ride...and helping to try to put a little life back in these old legs! Can hardly wait to get the Superfly out in those hills! Great meeting everyone and maybe by the time i get back the tuesday group will be even bigger!!

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by papa stroker View Post
    I managed to find my way back to the factory in East Texas, but i must say that Arizona is calling me! Thanks everyone that joined us for the tuesday nite ride...and helping to try to put a little life back in these old legs! Can hardly wait to get the Superfly out in those hills! Great meeting everyone and maybe by the time i get back the tuesday group will be even bigger!!
    Nice meeting you too... as we said, next time you're around, drop me a line if you want to ride around up in Cave Creek.

mtbr member
    Not sure if I can make it yet but are you doing this again this week?

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I'm out for this week. Doing the Cave Creek Bike loop tomorrow morning...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bones2 View Post
    Not sure if I can make it yet but are you doing this again this week?
    Back to Deem Hills this week.

Starting from Deem Hills Rec area parking lot, 6:45.
    Smaller trail system, plenty of climbing, more technical.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Things look better for me this week but I've never been to the area please post directions or an address for the trailhead

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Dare I ride the 22 mile CCBF loop in the a.m. and this in the p.m.?

We shall see...

mtbr member
    I'll be riding the tanks. Enjoy!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul D in AZ View Post
    Things look better for me this week but I've never been to the area please post directions or an address for the trailhead
    starting from west trailhead.
    Official Site of the City of Phoenix - Trail Map

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Gonna have to miss. Ride this morning went longer than expected so I am working now. But weather looks to be no fun to ride in anyways...

Meatbomb
    wow.. i got slammed on Taliesin.... like hurricane winds and rain .

better than 115*

mtbr member
    How about Sonoran Mtn preserve trails this week. Full moon, cool air, perfect!

You know the drill....6:45 from trail head parking lot behind Fireside community, ride yourself silly, then gathering at Buffalo Wild Wings for brews and eats.

9 showed up last time and it was highlight of the week.

mtbr member
    How about Sonoran Mtn preserve trails this week. Full moon, cool air, perfect!

You know the drill....6:45 from trail head parking lot behind Fireside community, ride yourself silly, then gathering at Buffalo Wild Wings for brews and eats.

9 showed up last time and it was highlight of the week.

mtbr member
    I would but I would only slow you all down again hahaha! Nah, I can't this week!

mtbr member
    slow us down? haha, please come, lead and slow us down. I almost blew a gasket leading those climbs last time! Not this week.

mtbr member
    Well good thing I was slow enough you had to wait for me several times lol. Gave you some rest!
    Rode there yesterday and about blew a gasket myself.

mtbr member
    Is anyone showing up to this then?

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Would love to but can't make it tonight.. I "have" to go to REI and Mexican food for dinner.

mtbr member
    Is anyone showing up to this then?
    2 or more makes a group....I'll be there around 630 come on bro!

mtbr member
    Can't, not prepared. My lights are not charged or anything, and if I left now I would still be late.

Meatbomb
    I need to buy some lights.

mtbr member
    Phillbo, no lights? For the one to the best lights for the $$, check out Baja Designs. Call Shannon and ask him if he has any of the original Strykr or Strykr pro models left. He was blowing those out before the new models came out this month.
    I have the strykr pro on the helmet and Strykr on the bars. Very bright, high/med/low settings, simple, very durable(mil spec), quick charging batteries, easy install/adjustable beam alignment. A little heavier than some of the big $$$ lights, but no big deal.
    The actually tested brighter than the company advertises.

Not sure how much the newer lights cost, but they claim to be even brighter, improved bar mount and helmet mounts, not that they were bad to begin with.

If you just get one light to start off, be sure and get the bar light first. Better depth perception, and does not reflect dust in your line of sight like a helmet only setup.

mtbr member
    someone left me a note while we were out riding Tues night. Found this on the mc and cracked me up
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails North PHX Tue night ride-pa110003.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    someone left me a note while we were out riding Tues night. Found this on the mc and cracked me up
    Who even knew the Hulkster rode?

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Where is this ride happening tomorrow night? Deems or Sonoran? Time?

mtbr member
    This week, back to Deem Hills Rec area.

Taking a poll....A) Deem Hills only
    B) Deem Hills, also Pyramid Peak trails across canal
    C) Pyramid Peak trails only

Word......headcount.....

mtbr member
    Never been, whats the difficulty compared to Sonoran?

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    This week, back to Deem Hills Rec area.

Taking a poll....A) Deem Hills only
    B) Deem Hills, also Pyramid Peak trails across canal
    C) Pyramid Peak trails only

Word......headcount.....
    Whatever has the most rideable elevation gain.

mtbr member
    Deem Hills is comparable to Sonoran, just smaller area. Fun trails, a little rougher/technical than sonoran. Restrooms and water at trailhead.

Ride starts @ 6:45

Here's the map to trailhead http://phoenix.gov/webcms/groups/int.../dhrevdown.pdf

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    I was hoping to join you guys at Sonoran. Would you be willing to hold the ride there this week again in lieu of Deems? If not, no problem. I'll catch you another time.

mtbr member
    Probably do Sonoran next week. Deem Hills is primary location for this ride, but trying to rotate between Deem Hills and Sonoran for the change.
    Already posted my FB peeps, so better stick to it and not confuse folks.

FYI, the Sonoran Preserve parking lot gate was closed around 6:15 last week, so be prepared. I talked to a Ranger and he said they close the gate earlier on Mon/Tues? for some reason. Ok to park outside and ride in. Just beware of the spikes! :O

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Sonoran gate was closed yesterday before 6!

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    What is the distance of the Deems ride tonight?

mtbr member
    approx 10-12 miles/1200 climbing. Usually done by 845 or so

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    I'll be there.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Hey Guys, I am coming to town this Sunday and staying for the week. I plan to ride Sunday afternoon (right off the plane) and then after work several times. Are you guys planning to ride Sonoran on the 25th? I'll be staying down in Chandler. I'll probably do my other riding at South Mountain area. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Pretty sure Sonoran is the plan for Tuesday. I'll most likely be there...

Rob- am I correct in assuming Sonoran this coming week?

mtbr member

Group ride...Sonoran Preserve 10/25

Correct, Tues Oct 25 planning a big group ride at Sonoran Preserve. Start at 6:45, arrive early enough to park at Fireside comm center and ride to trailhead. Gate will be closed by 6pm.

Bring a little $$ for Buffalo Wild Wings post-ride gathering on the patio!

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    So I know I am the new guy, so take this suggestion lightly, with a grain of salt, and not as a complaint as I am happy the way things are and I don't even show up most times.

But there is also a Mellow Mushroom (infinitely better beer selection) in the same plaza as BWW.... maybe we could alternate food destinations as well?

mtbr member
    Rode in there (SP) last night with a friend. Did about 12 miles. We come in from the north entrance, hit the loop going clockwise then drop down to the S.E. loop. Ran into a few other guys riding as well.

mtbr member
    I like that idea p'dixie....group can make the call after the ride and maybe alternate to the 'shroom this week. Their pizzas are awesome too!

Get you shatt together and join the ride next week. We will change it up this time...a no-dab hill climb contest could break out? Winner gets meal comp'ed?

mtbr member
    Tues night mtb group ride. Sonoran Preserve trails 6:45pm.
    Post ride wings and cervezas at Buffalo Wild Wings...Who's in?

W Melvern Trail & W Desert Vista Trail
    For newbies to this ride, see above. FYI, the gate will most likely be closed by 6pm, so arrive early enough to do a short ride in to the trailhead parking lot.
    Ride launches at 645. Non-technical trail, but has challenging climbs and fast/twisty sections. Optional side trails climb to tops of peaks.

We have been alternating the Tue night ride between Sonoran Preserve and Deem Hills.
    Gathering after the SP rides at Buffalo Wild Wings or Mellow Mushroom to replenish carbs and protein. Good times---be there for some night shreddin' !

mtbr member
    Parking is available at the Fireside community center if trailhead gate is closed.
    I'll be riding mtb from Happy Valley & 43rd ave @ 6pm.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    So do I have a chance of being there if I leave W.Ray & I10 around 5pm? Not sure how your PHX rush hours are and the expected travel time from the south to the north side. I will see if anyone in my office will want to join me as I know there are several MTB riders.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Ohwell73- you should be able to make that just fine. Having lived in Miami, Tampa, and Orlando on the East coast, Phoenix's rush hour is a piece of cake...

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Cool...I've got Atlanta and DC rush hours under my belt & I'll be in a rental car so look out PHX. See you guys out there! Assuming I don't bust a nut on Sunday over on National & DC.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Oh my God... If you're OK in ATL and DC (I have driven ATL rush hour and ridden in DC rush hour too) you will laugh when you see the "rush hour" here.

ATL and DC are worse off peak than this place is during rush hour.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast