North mountain ???- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2011

North mountain ???

Hey guys and gals I just moved down to the area off 35th and Dunlap got a question, what is the best easiest way to get to Trail 100 from my cross streets cuz I so want to go ride there and would my 4 inch full squish XC bike be ok ?

mtbr member
    Take Peoria east to where it ends @ 7th ave. There is a parking lot to the left. That one of the many trailheads for 100.
    I'll be there at 5 tomorrow morning if you want to meet.
    4" FS is plenty big for everything in the area.
    Checkout a thread started by Big0mike titled "return of the _dragon" for a full map of the Phoenix mt preserve

mtbr member
    You can take the canal from 35th just north of Dunlap to 7th ave and then go north to the park. The canal is great because it gies under major roads and the I-17 if u wanna ride there.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    I can try to be there at 5am but it might be a little later what do ride just in case i bump into you somewhere along the way? Thank you very much for the info to.

mtbr member
    White Jeep Wrangler, silver Giant Reign. I'll be the guy stealing all of the oxygen from others. Realistically, I'll probably be leaving the trailhead more like 5:15ish.

I park at the park just south on 7th ave. You can't miss it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by GR1822 View Post
    White Jeep Wrangler, silver Giant Reign. I'll be the guy stealing all of the oxygen from others. Realistically, I'll probably be leaving the trailhead more like 5:15ish.

I park at the park just south on 7th ave. You can't miss it.
    I will be in a silver Dodge Dakota Quad cab, I will be riding a orange Santa Cruz Superlight, just as long as you save some oxygen for me I am old and slow

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I use the canal as well. I live at 23rd Ave and Glendale and take 23rd to the canal and then to the trailhead on 7th ave at the park. They are building an underpass at 7th ave for the canal travelers so it is a bit ugly there but in the morning there is hardly any traffic on the streets.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    I went riding on T-100 again yesterday, and man there are alot of side trails, is there a trail map for that area? And are North mountain and PMP connected?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 918biker View Post
    I went riding on T-100 again yesterday, and man there are alot of side trails, is there a trail map for that area? And are North mountain and PMP connected?
    Here is the one I use.

Singletrack.us Photo Gallery: Click image to close this window

Ken

No Clue Crew
    The entire area is the Phoenix Mountains Preserve. North Mountain, Shaw Butte, Lookout Mountain, Dreamy Draw are all within the Phoenix Mountains Preserve. Trail 100 doesn't actually go up North Mountain, though. It leads completely through the Phoenix Mountains Preserve from 7th to Tatum.

Arizona Trails:
    Singletrack.us Photo Gallery - Home > Maps

PMP: (click on the map to get it BIG)
    Singletrack.us Photo Gallery - Phoenix Area Trail Maps/PhxMtns 12-3-07

Gonna be riding tomorrow from 7th St. Look for a post shortly if interested...

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    I am going to get out there today, not sure what time though. I access it from 7th and Peoria

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Thank you so much for posting that map, that awesome, thank you again. If you see a guy out there going slow enough that he is almost in reverse and probably in need of O2 tank on a orange Santa Cruz its me

mtbr member
    Every time I go to PMP I get lost off of trail 100. Its marked like arse but that map might help me, but hell I dont know, it is looking pretty confusing by itself. Cool trail though if I could stay on the correct path. PMP owns me!
    Anyone have a garmin file for trail 100 from 7th ave park going east and returning?
    Tie two birds together and though they have four wings, they cannot fly!

mtbr member
    I know I have one coast to coast east to west.
    I think I have one west to east too. I'll check later today

Bloodied but Unbowed
    In addition to the excellent maps already listed, these come in handy too, and are all official-like. There's even some semblance of a rating system although may not be applicable to MTB.

Official Site of the City of Phoenix - Hiking Map

There's a printable one that works great if you have a large format printer, and a simpler one that works better on A4 sheet, and the detailed one that is good for desktop use and zooming about within it.

if yo uever forget where they reside, pretty sure google returns the page within the top few results with a search term like phoenix mountain preserve trail map.

The weather was sure nice out there during this morning's ride.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tsefreeflow View Post
    Anyone have a garmin file for trail 100 from 7th ave park going east and returning?
    T100 C2C East to West.
    Credit goes to Tacobeer, this is his ride not mine.
    I have a garmin file of "not quite T100 but pretty darn close" headed west to east than back west, that I found if the one below doesn't work for you.

T100 east to west

EveryTrail - Find the best Hiking near Scottsdale, Arizona

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Hey GR1822 did you get your wheel fixed and are you now tubeless?

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I was riding T100 today and had a blast - about 3 miles into it though my chain snapped and like an idiot I did not have an extra link in my bag. It was a sad walk back to the trail head. To 918biker - wouldn't be LEO by chance?

mtbr member
    Hey GR1822 did you get your wheel fixed and are you now tubeless?
    I broke a rear spoke when we were riding, Got it fixed, plus new rear tire w/ tubeles set up. Still waiting on the front tire. Broke another rear spoke today. Back to Exhale I guess...

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgeball2d View Post
    I was riding T100 today and had a blast - about 3 miles into it though my chain snapped and like an idiot I did not have an extra link in my bag. It was a sad walk back to the trail head. To 918biker - wouldn't be LEO by chance?
    Uh oh, you don't carry a chain breaker? It's saved a good number of rides for me.

Yeah, you just know those people are giving you looks, "Oh, a mountain biker....walking his bike...."

mtbr member
    I have never broke a chain (knock on wood), but I have 2 chain breakers I carry with me just in case. But I have never used them and dont know if I would know what to do if I did break a chain lol. I dont carry any extra links. Should I? or would you just have a shorter chain by one link?
    Tie two birds together and though they have four wings, they cannot fly!

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Umm, yes and no, what was it that gave that away to make you think i was/is

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by GR1822 View Post
    I broke a rear spoke when we were riding, Got it fixed, plus new rear tire w/ tubeles set up. Still waiting on the front tire. Broke another rear spoke today. Back to Exhale I guess...
    Dang, that sucks would that mean that your wheel is out of dish

Bloodied but Unbowed
    Quote Originally Posted by tsefreeflow View Post
    I have never broke a chain (knock on wood), but I have 2 chain breakers I carry with me just in case. But I have never used them and dont know if I would know what to do if I did break a chain lol. I dont carry any extra links. Should I? or would you just have a shorter chain by one link?
    Consider carrying at least one quick link. I carry two links and a short section of chain after learning the hard way. Sometimes chains break in more than one place, and sometimes you cannot find the missing links (anthropological puns suppressed).

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Umm, yes and no, what was it that gave that away to make you think i was/is
    The 918 in your name Better known as crazy or mental person in the LEO world

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    The 918 in your name Better known as crazy or mental person in the LEO world
    Yes I was a Detention Officer for 5 1/2 years and dealt with lost of 918 people lots of them, what agency are you with